What's new

Interested Image maker looking for direction to capture life and its marvels

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Hello all,

I was never into photography when I was younger but now that I am older and more wise, photography is personal to me. I love being able to show photos that have emotion, depth, and life.

Being said I have a joke for a camera. A sad fujifilm finepix jv 12.1mp.

Only thing I can adjust is the ISO and nothing else. The white balance is only a scene selection, no manual settings.

This is the best it can do and it took a lot of work to achieve it. Its bright, I believe ISO 800.

DSCF2236.jpg

I want something with options and manual settings. Not professional status but can take professional grade pictures. Ability of macro showing depth and vivid detail is a must!

I am going to try a trip to the middle east end of this summer so I can get a see first hand this awful war and be able to show people back home what war does to humanity. The uniformed due to our terrible media.

I will need a camera that can portray what I want to show.

Please I would love to hear suggestions. My budget is $450-500usd starting but I want the option to upgrade and add accessories.

Bennyweed1

Veteran
Here is an outdoor picture I took of Masterkush in midway bloom. One of the best pictures I ever produced but to me this photo has emotion and depth. I cant remember the camera I used but it was nothing fancy, just a point a shoot set on auto macro

b2ab8ff7.jpg

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Benny I've sen some nice images shot with mid-priced cameras and optics. Although a dslr would be a step up from your Fuji just because you could select better optics. I also feel it's not always the camera that makes the image. I shoot a lot of the images I post here with auto or scene settings. I see the one you're looking at on eBays comes with a lens that needs repaired..that ain't god. There's a lot of good used stuff out there, shop around, get a good lens..looking forward to your pix...DD