What's new

Insurance and growroom

prophecy

Hi!!

If I make a growroom for normal plant, indoor garden. I have to call my insurance and tell them that I have an indoor garden.

My question is...

If I tell them that I have an indoor garden for normal plants, if my house catch on fire...they will be able to know that was not normal plants?

Thank you!!

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't told my insurance guy, if it goes up...I claim bad wiring or racoons nibbling on the electrical, then I catch a racoon and hook him up to about 400 amps, smoke him then throw him into what is left of my growroom.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
A growroom of mj voids most insurance policies. Even in Med States. Although I 'heard' Farmers would inspect your OP and write a policy. Even crop insurance. Picture that conversation? Super sour train what?

prophecy

A growroom of mj voids most insurance policies.

Of course! But what I'm saying is that can we let them THINK that its normal plants. I mean equipment for normal plants and mj are exactly the same.

My worry is when the house is burned...they can know if it really was normal plant or mj?

Risked plan or have sense?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I'd check the rate increase before telling somebody I have an indoor grow operation (that might happen to be illegal.) Just use quality gear, the correct gauge wire and don't run anything over 80%.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Not talking about your voltage dropping. You only want 80% draw on things like wire, timers, surge protectors etc.

Marshall

Not talking about your voltage dropping. You only want 80% draw on things like wire, timers, surge protectors etc.

A voltage drop would increase amperage. But magnetics have multi-taps so not sure what would happen if the voltage dropped heavily.

I seriously think you are over thinking the insurance issue.

First everything would have to be done to code, electrical, plumbing etc. Indoor grow ops are not that common to code inspectors and I am sure it would raise a lot of questions. How many indoor ops are there in cali located in someones basement that dont get inspected? This inspection would increase your build costs.

secondly, the chances that your MJ plants are 100% burned beyond any trace are quite small IMO. It seems most house fires, the house gets damaged, but rarely burns to the ground. Just my opinion

you are better off making sure your op is properly wired. proper wire size, breakers, no exposed wire, etc

MIway

Veteran
Well, if you don't tell em it's a weed crop... how are you going to claim 4800 per bow in damages... along with the equipment & house? That's what I don't get...

NOTB

yea.... if you got to do it then whack a coon and let him take the fall(prolly deserves it anyways).

Latest posts

Latest posts