What's new

INSTRUCTIONS FOR HASH OIL AND HASH IN MINUTES

K

Kola Radical

You can do the same thing with grain alcohol. Just let it soak and shake etc., filter and evaporate. It evaporates very fast. I make killer hash oil in an hour or less.

Wfw1

Can anyone clear this up? I AM a BHO head and I've always wondered if there was some kinda nasty leftover in the final product.

Bubbleman, ya know if Vector and other high-end butane contains ethanethiol?

The answer is right above you. Does your butane smell like rotten eggs like natural gas? If it does I hope you have a refillable lighter cause that's all those cans are good for. King dosn't, Vector won't it's triple refined is it not? High end butane's shouldn't have this problem.

chicalyx

The answer isn't above my post.

Vector is 5x refined. I e-mailed the company to ask about added ethanethiol and they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Wfw1, maybe you're not aware, but butane itself (n-butane) is supposed to be totally odorless. While my Vector (only brand I use) doesn't smell like rotten eggs or sulfur, it definitely smells like something, leading me to believe it has some kinda leak-warning additive.

Gunnaknow said he 'thinks' (good info btw gunna), and you said 'should'. I like to go by facts, not notions.

gunnaknow

Wfw1, maybe you're not aware, but butane itself (n-butane) is supposed to be totally odorless.

Most butane refills are actually a mixture of n-butane and isobutane. Both are deemed odorless but don't let that confuse you. Just as you can smell apparantly odorless water when you boil an egg or run a bath, so too you can smell butane as it boils off. It just needs to be in high concentrations for you to do so.

Gunnaknow said he 'thinks' (good info btw gunna)

Thankyou. Yes, I "think".

gunna

dozer

You guys familiar with ethyl mercapetin? the contaminant that is added to butane by law?
oil soluble, stays in the final product, affects the central nervous system, is accumulative in the body?
anyone do any research on this???

Is there any special reason to make it stay in the final product? The boiling point of ethanethiol is 35ºC, a lot more than butane but significantly less than ISO so it should be easy to get rid of the mercaptan with a good purge. Or does it bind in any way to the oil?

Still, I agree that any buty head should look into this. :)

chicalyx

Bman appears to have been saying that the ethane somehow binds to the plant waxes/oils and so remains in the final product even after purge.

Gunna..you think just the fact I can smell my Vector doesn't necessarily mean it's due to presence of mercaptants? I wish butane manufactures would put out guaranteed analysis or whatever ya call em, so we could see EXACTLY what's in there. Ah well, for time being I shall oil on.

bubbleman

Veteran
yes it is OIL SOLUBLE so it binds.
I got my informatoion from INDRA> the guy who owns the patent on butane extraction and the guy who first put it up on erowid for all of you to learn>
He tells me that ALL butane has mercapetin in it. THat it is accumulative in the body, and affects the central nervous system ie the lungs, the kidneys, the liver, the heart.
Anyway i thought it was serious enough, to do a little research, but i couldnt find any research that said, there was a butane company that removes all mercapetin. ( apprently its the law)
I say if you're a BHO enjoyer, you should DEFINITLY look into this, and any information you guys find, would be awesome if you could post it here,, or in a new thread.

My friend who told me about ethyl mercapetin ( has about twenty other names), said it creates a perceived extra high, that is not worth it in the long run?
what do you guys think>>>????

Bubble man

ps, just trying to start a discussion here, and am willing to learn something new. If someone can show me a website from a butane company that says NO ETHYL MERCAPETIN.
Also to add parts per million in regards to this stuff, is enough in the long run to produce brain legions and other nasty's, from what im read anyway...

jump117

Veteran
Spanish connection

Spanish connection

The gas that I used on this extraction wasn’t good as colibri, vector… but using an Active Carbon prechamber looks to me nice, the result. You can find a few photos of it from leocadius in cannabiscafe. You can also build one from cooper and to add or not depending on the gas you are using.
"… but using an Active Carbon prechamber looks to me nice, the result. You can find a few photos of it from leocadius in cannabiscafe."
Now I see what is the prechamber for.
Have you seen a bho works by ‘leocardius’ from cannabiscafe (Spain)?
http://img16.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1039bc6.jpg

Wfw1

chicalyx, Yeah your defiantly going to notice a "smell" in large concentrations there's no way to avoid that, now if ethyl mercapetin is a chemical deterrent in butane but isn't the chemical that adds a noticeable smell then there could defiantly be some issues. Sorry about the mis-understanding.

Now especially if this chemical binds to the oil there's certainly reason to look into this. Maybe we should dedicate a thread to this cause it's very off topic of acetone oil.

chicalyx

Yeah, new thread maybe good idea.

quick though before I have to run. After the initial trepidation, I've always loved BHO mostly because it seems very pure to me. Looks 'pure', smells 'pure', smokes 'pure', and clean high.

That said, another reason I really enjoy BHO, is that it seems to give me a more 'up' high, which I always prefer. If I'm growing indicas for others, the popcorns and trim go straight to BHO for me, which almost always gives a less indica high than the starting material. I'm wondering if this is what Bman's source was talking about "extra" high? Of course the shit'll knock ya out too..

Wfw1

Well the fact that oil is a strong concentration could also explain some minor "effect" changes. A particular plant could have a little sativa linage in it and the effects are amplified by the concentration.

BUT yes it could just as easily be a residue chemical adding an effect. So that's why it's important for us BHO folk to find out for sure.

bubbleman

Veteran
wow i really want to congratule you all on your level of maturity> I have tried to post this information in the past, as has INDRA, and man did we get flamed, no pu n intended.
I know i seem like the most bias person on the planet when it comes to butane oil, but please understand, it has nothing to do with competition for the bubblebags> It has evertying to do with , starting a discussion and actualy coming to some conclusions. I know we have e nough smart members in here to get to the bottom of this.
perhaps there are butane companies out there, that remove ethyl mercapetin, all the more reason to have this discussion and find out.
I will try and get indra to come in and make a post as well.
If someone wants to start a new thread, that would be a great idea, and i will paste the information i have shared so far.

peace
Bubble man

swishaman

Check this out BM....

http://books.google.com/books?id=HbhxZ1R7rAEC&pg=PA82&lpg=PA82&dq="butane+without+ethyl+mercaptan"&source=bl&ots=u84mgqUZSP&sig=0iR47Hd74soAI_5YGGKQqeYQQlY#PPA82,M1

It's very old though...1995...

Untitled-1-3.png

swishaman

TRUCK TRANSPORT OF NGLS

When shipped by truck or train, propane is almost always odorized with mercaptans as a safety precaution to warn many residential and commercial users in the event of a release. The odor is the same odor associated with retail natural gas. Butane, however, is largely shipped by trucks in an unodorized state because its consumers are largely industrial users that do not want the butane contaminated.

Possibly the only way to avoid odorants?

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cach...ith+natural+odorant&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=19&gl=us

W

WhoMan

Just putting this back yup for those who might have missed it man. Good day everyone.WM

Latest posts

Latest posts