What's new

Installed *Black Matte* grills on my car.....

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
Sorry for the double post, but I found my project car. Going to pick it up today.

1995, Lexus SC400. My goal is to have a extreme sleeper. I want 600-650 RWHP.

Mods include:
TwinTurbo the V8
mate a 6 speed
new brakes
new exhaust
coil overs
19" wheels
alcantara interior
100 shot (might be a secret weapon)

My finished product will look similar to this, but with HRE wheels.
orig.jpg

Nice CT... :joint:

Let us know how it went

O

Oaksterman

That's looks like a converted 510 bro.... ^^^
Ahhh...that would explain it. Not into this stuff enough to know the difference there. There's a get together every summer where I live of some Datsun club and the winner a few years back had a yellow 2 door 510 he modified with a turboed motor and all...said he had about $40k into it...:yoinks:. Ever since then those old cars caught my eye and found a cherry wagon nearby to mess with but missed it by a day :mad:

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Igro4me: I'll keep my progress updated.

Found a limited edition one I really like. 1 of 500 worldwide. Probably be the one I'll buy.

Really good condition, 95, 120K odo.

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
I'm thinking its a bluebird........original skyline
wasn't sold in the US.

I could easily be wrong
definitely not a 510 though

Found the info on that particular car

Vintage Skylines are just plain cool. But if you want to get a hold of an original GT-R, you'd be getting off light by just having to amputate a few extremities. The next best thing then is to build your own and that's exactly what one enterprising gearhead in Sammamish, WA did.

Based off a 1971 KGC10-series chassis, the owner began by swapping out the stock mill and replacing it with the venerable L28, 2.8-liter inline six, complete with a trio of Solex side draft carbs, a set of stainless steel headers and a Trust exhaust. 15x8 inch RS Watanabe wheels are fitted at all four corners and the front brakes have been swapped out with units pulled from an R32.

The owner admits that this particular clone isn't a concourse-ready ride, but aside from a few rust spots and some interior ailments, it's a suitable weekend car that easily proclaims your appreciation of the finer things from across the Pacific.

Unfortunately, the owner wasn't able to unload his creation when it went up for sale early last month. $15,000 doesn't seem like a bad deal for a 1971 Skyline GT-R – even if it is a clone – so we hope that it's found a loving home in the meantime.

O

Oaksterman

Trying to remember but pretty sure the price for a very low mileage older Skyline from Japan was like $25K and the Sunny's were going for like $10K. That was a few years back when the $ was strong though...LOL.

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
ahhh, i don't know my cars as well as i hoped! :biglaugh:
time to buy some mags again.......

No worries mate.....it's pretty spot on.

You know when you need to find the answer, it was one of those things....purely curiosity :D

It is nice looking though. :joint:

1971-datsun-skyline-gt-r-clone-no-sale-at-$15,000-a-640.jpg

1971-datsun-skyline-gt-r-clone-no-sale-at-$15,000-d-640.jpg

1971-datsun-skyline-gt-r-clone-no-sale-at-$15,000-j-640.jpg

Hovz

Hey I would kill for a 2010 right hand drive gt-r, since everybodys throwing up some pics ill throw up some vehicles too.
10140483_2009320123213.jpg

10113351_200893023724.JPG

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shite talk about getting bent over. I mean I know most ppl's response is "well if you can afford the car you can afford the maintenance,gas, insurance etc...

Back in the mid '70s I was driving a '68 250SL Benz sport coupe, I started to have fuel starvation issues with it & took it to a shop for diagnosis. I got an estimate of appx. $2200 for a complete injection system rebuild, the estimate was 10% ($220!) of the repair payable then and there....... most of you by now know that I can be blunt (among other traits) and fast to jump into the mix and this situation required I be both. When I walked out of there I was only $75.00 lighter for the estimate and was told by two of the owners that if I couldn't afford to repair my Mercedes then I shouldn't be driving it and with an estimate like that I had a feeling they might be correct.......

So! I call Bosch (the fuel injection people) and talk to their head technician (Hans Utke) who tells me to replace the fuel pump near the gas tank first and he sold me one for $60 (a $90 pump in '76) and it fixed the problem instantly.

Any guesses as to who walked back into that shop and slammed a fuel pump almost right through their front counter??????? I read the two owners the fucking riot act, I was cussin' n' spittin' mad & although I didn't even ask for it they insisted I take my $75 back.

I eventually found a local regular joe mechanic who happened to own a 250SL himself, we went to rallies in our SL's and he spent time under the hood teaching me the basics like valve adjustments, tune ups w/injection, clutch adj, brakes etc. I'd already been tinkering under the hoods of my early muscle cars but learned the finer details of owning and maintaining a german import.

O

Oaksterman

Hey Bobby Stainless...did a bit of research and found a red GT-R looks identical to the one in that pic currently available in Japan for a cool $65K delivered to Canada. Man but that thing does look pretty damn sweet.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's one for all you speed freaks out there.

The average male ring necked pheasant weighs just 2.9 #s (1.4kilo)
so could you imagine hitting a dog, racoon, or deer @ 150mph.......

As I recall 'Pheasant Under Glass' used to be a delicacy

SkareCrow

skyline3.jpg

This is og skyline. Were the famed skyline name all started in the early sixties! Was designed by an Italian designer. Verrrry rare and stylish.

skyline2.jpg

This is the next version released in 1964

skyline4.jpg

And here is the OG GTR released in 1969 witch dominated the jap touring car series's of its day.

skyline5.jpg

Then came the last of the gtr's until its resurections in 1989. This model was released in 1972 but was short lived due to the gas crunch. My personal fav of the gtr's

SkareCrow

How is this car plated in the US? That's a Washington plate...right? A few years back I looked into importing a Skyline or Sunny into Canada from Japan and plating there through a friend and drive it in Cali. You can get a cherry older car, either model, very inexpensively. Problem is, at least from my research, is they were not legal in the US. I found one company in SoCal that would modify Skyline's for Cali registration but it was ridiculously expensive...almost as much as the car itself cost.

Guess I answered my own question that it's possible to convert one but wouldn't know how to go about it myself. Maybe I should track that owner down...lol.

A car that old is easy as fuck to get on the road. If its 25 yrs old + it can be registered as a classic car and does not even have to be inspected. shit some of the old vettes had big blocks in em drum brakes and no seat belts... scary! :joint:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
Im gonna get one of these in 2010, forget the gtR
attachment.php

Attachments

• Ariel-Atom-2-Clarkson.jpg
    Ariel-Atom-2-Clarkson.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 24

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
500 HP omg( im happy with the 300BH sheet)!! thats nukkin futs right there, the power to weight ratio madness is where its at!!! still kinda freaky doin 200+ in a vehicle without a canopy or cockpit of some sort, the windscreens cool probably makes it less scary. That guys face should be their advertisement on all the magazines and the top gear clip of it wizzing around the track should be on TV, that shit just makes me want one badly! good god! imagine that thing on some really nice light wheels and some really nice street rubberz OMG heavenly