What's new

insomnia strains guide

lordbudly

Veteran
This is for me and anyone else who has insomnia, or just trouble going to sleep, I was looking to get some strains to help me sleep... and I can only get 2, which will be mothered, then cloned in a sog/ scrog grow

The strains ive been debating are

Aurora Indica
Papaya
Hindu Kush
Northern Lights
L.A. Confidential
Mk Ultra
Black Indica

and my other one ive decided to be straight up and go for the medicine man, and let it get nice and ambery :)

does anyone know if i should just do black indica, and then one of the choices above?

Im really interested in Mk Ultra or L.A Confidential, and then black indica or medicine man for the others thanks

b8man

Veteran
Aurora indica should knock you out and yields well.

I'm personally planning on growing sensi-star as my insomnia strain. Romulan I'll be able to give an opinion on in a few weeks.

If you wanna get high And Stay Up then Cindy is a nice friend to have around.
Otherwise you guys will just Sleep your life away.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
StinkingRoger said:
If you wanna get high And Stay Up then Cindy is a nice friend to have around.
Otherwise you guys will just Sleep your life away.

I think the point is to find strains that help you sleep bro.

--lordbudly- i have said on a number of other threads that p91 is absolutely, without question the best strain i have EVER seen for insomnia. now, if your not in cali, that will be tough to come by, but since it is a selected backcross of northern lights, i would say nl is the best way to go for sleep meds. my insomnia is caused by pain meds and shellshock, and i understand how hard it can be to overcome. another strain i have recently tried that shows some promise is FFA. if you can find a cut of that, try it out.
--good luck in your search......sub

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Sub is right that p-91 or Jedi(also clone only) are good pain meds that also help insomnia. CBN is a degraded form of THC and is only about 10% as psychoactive. However, it will put you to sleep. CBN comes from overage plants(very amber trics) or bud that has been cured with exposure to light and air over time.

C

CMoon

Aurora,Papaya,northern lights are all good strains to sleep on ime.

if you like a really heavy stone I can recommend chronic, huge yeilder as a bonus.....im afraid its a bit to couch for me and my favoured sleep strain is bluemoonshine, very lathargic

tequila_sunrise

I am currently working on some papaya and some white rhino. I am growing for the exact same reason as you. I need sleep meds.

We will see how they turn out. I gota keep my eyes open for the p91 hmm.

raygun

To be honest you guys I did not get the narcotic effects from the "P" I use to get. That shit was straight up brain weed. Made one frined of mine paranoid and we smoked the same amount so it was not him just reacting to some cronic bud, he truly got paranoid. The "P" I use to get was way Sativa in the high.
If your looking for something in currently available seed form just find your self some indica based strain and let it amber up real well.
Sensi Star
Super Star
Sour bubble
Black domina
Afgani

Some thing along those lines

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Grab up a pack of the White and AI from Gypsy and you will have all you need to grow potent sleep inducing ganja for years to come and for under $60 bucks! Good luck friends.

Murphle

Any kinda indica you let go super amber, will do exactly what you are looking for. As referenced above, any of the white hybrids would be a good start. Good luck, and please share your experience.

lordbudly

Veteran
most likely going to get medicine man (white rhino renamed by creator) and let it go to eh 70% amber, will share and post link to growlog when beans arrive

Bob Jones

Couple of suggestions. Try making cannabutter and then make cookies or something, so you can eat it instead of smoking. Eat some a couple hours before bed, it will last all night but be wore off by morning. I find it works a lot better than smoking because it lasts much longer and the effects are different.

Second, try a little melatonin right before bed. All my life I've been troubled by waking up at 3:15 a.m. Melatonin has completely eliminated it. It's cheap, natural and effective.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Id go with Romulin, maybe some good goo too, just make sure you let it go long enough and youll be sleepin.

lordbudly

Veteran
Mo, the problem is im not a very "in the circle" kind of person, and i live in a very backwards town, only one person in this town clones, and he has afghan, which is still good but, do you know of romulan in seed or something? The only one i found is a romulan cross from federation

lordbudly

Veteran
what does anyone think while were on the topic of s1's of

Dr green thumbs og and bubba, ive heard his og hermies alot, dont know about his bubba or cheese s1

Latest posts

Latest posts