What's new

Inside Out Trees, Silo Op, custom RDWC, water cooled

Ttystikk

I have the headroom I need on my service, sixty amp startup surge and all. We built it this way specifically to accommodate the unit. In case it isn't quite big enough during the heat of summer, I'll keep my 2 Ton ChillKing window mount unit and use it as the situation requires.

Ttystikk

So how long does it take to clean out a room, get it reset, plants in, lights on and running? I think I'm doing well to have it done in less than twenty four hours.

LSWM

So how long does it take to clean out a room, get it reset, plants in, lights on and running? I think I'm doing well to have it done in less than twenty four hours.

I did a complete tear down and reset of 3k in donuts, @ 5 weeks flower, and did it without interrupting the light cycle, all in 24 hours.

My property manager split with all her clients money and I randomly had to deal with a walk through on 48 hours notice. Rented a UHaul and put everything it that and parked that bitch down the street for half a day... Was a disaster.

Props to you. Now let's see some :kewlpics:

Miraculous Meds

That's my goal everytime. Never lose a day in flower is my motto.

U can always buck and trim later, just get those plants out of the way so u can reload!

Great job!

SmellyFlorist

I did a complete tear down and reset of 3k in donuts, @ 5 weeks flower, and did it without interrupting the light cycle, all in 24 hours.

My property manager split with all her clients money and I randomly had to deal with a walk through on 48 hours notice. Rented a UHaul and put everything it that and parked that bitch down the street for half a day... Was a disaster.

Thats not a disaster.... thats a worst nightmare come true!!!

Ttystikk

That's my goal everytime. Never lose a day in flower is my motto.

U can always buck and trim later, just get those plants out of the way so u can reload!

Great job!

The problem here is that once you cut the stem, you trim it right away wet- or dry, much later. I was never happy with my dry trimming results. This means both getting the plants out of the way AND keeping them alive, not an easy trick when they are six feet tall and four feet across on a metal trellis!

But I managed to find a way, and that's cleared the way to do both simultaneously, or at least finish getting the rest of what needs to be trimmed out of the way enough to reload the room.

Ttystikk

Wow, that sucks. Been there, done that and helped friends do it.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I can tie my plants outside the room and slide them in and pull the old ones out in less than a hour. Takes about three hours to tie them. I dry trim. But is this how I do it? Hell no it ain't. I dry them in the room. I can grow more than I need.

I have plant and weight issues. I can only have fifteen ounces at one time and 72 plants. But there is no limit on the plants weight. It still counts as a plant. By leaving them as a dry plant I can have a better variety of plant types without going over my weight limit.

Ttystikk

I'm really trying to streamline the process as much as possible for commercial operation. Cutting manhours needed to do the major tasks is a big part of cutting cost, and I'm on that hard.

Same with maximum utilization of the room through time. It surely comes as a shock to exactly no one here that plants in the same room come ripe at different times. Thus it is necessary and even desirable to start on the early finishers and let the last few get an extra few days. The last few plants can gum up the works, just by being in the way for too long- long enough to cut down on the veg time in place for the next batch. I don't need to move them all, just the last two or three, and then the room can be quickly turned over and be running again while the last few are still in the trim queue. This reduces the need for extra hands on deck.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I can tie my plants outside the room and slide them in and pull the old ones out in less than a hour. Takes about three hours to tie them. I dry trim. But is this how I do it? Hell no it ain't. I dry them in the room. I can grow more than I need.

I have plant and weight issues. I can only have fifteen ounces at one time and 72 plants. But there is no limit on the plants weight. It still counts as a plant. By leaving them as a dry plant I can have a better variety of plant types without going over my weight limit.

So you leave them as a plant.... Do you dry them out, and let them cure still 'on the hoof'?

A new and interesting perspective! Maybe a 'walk in cooler' for storage?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So you leave them as a plant.... Do you dry them out, and let them cure still 'on the hoof'?

A new and interesting perspective! Maybe a 'walk in cooler' for storage?

Yes I leave the plant whole and just take the rack and plant out together. The crack keeps the plant standing while it dries and starts to wilt.

As for the room I can take one plant out or the whole room out at one time. I often plant some eight week strains as well as nine and ten weeks strains. This is so I can stagger the harvest.

I came to harvesting the plants whole and drying them as a full plant because I can not always trim the whole room at once. I lost several plants because they yellowed up to much before I could get them trimmed. Then I realised that I could just store he entire plant by pacing the plants in another room. I can slide them in like books and pull out what I need.

Just have to have a room that is sealed so the you can maintain the RH.

Miraculous Meds

Yes I leave the plant whole and just take the rack and plant out together. The crack keeps the plant standing while it dries and starts to wilt.

As for the room I can take one plant out or the whole room out at one time. I often plant some eight week strains as well as nine and ten weeks strains. This is so I can stagger the harvest.

I came to harvesting the plants whole and drying them as a full plant because I can not always trim the whole room at once. I lost several plants because they yellowed up to much before I could get them trimmed. Then I realised that I could just store he entire plant by pacing the plants in another room. I can slide them in like books and pull out what I need.

Just have to have a room that is sealed so the you can maintain the RH.

That's a new take on a drying room! Awesome, nice share.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Ichabod Crane, great idea! So they hang dry like that?

If I don't have to send it out right away I will dry it still attached to the rack with roots attached. This way it does not count against my weight limit. I am allowed more plants than I need.

If I leave them attached to the racks they are held up instead of being allowed to fall over. Because of this I can slide them into a room like books on a shelf. Them when I need that strain I can just pull it out and trim what I need and put it back. As long as I maintain the RH in the room it is like a giant curing jar.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I do not flatten them. I just take off any branch that sticks out to far. Because they are tied to the screen they are already somewhat flat.

Ttystikk

I just went to eleven week cycles; two week veg, eight week bloom and one more week to crop out, clean up and do maintenance and upgrades.

I lose 5 weeks a year, but each run will be bigger because I'm not skimping on veg time.

Latest posts

Latest posts