What's new

Insane boredom after quiting my job.. sugestions?

I quit my job to be a full time grower back in May and at the time i thought it was going to be awesome. I figured i would do alot of reading and watch movies all day. Maybe get in great shape and try and find a girlfriend. I was so happy for the year or two leading up to my early retirement. Well, im 5 months into it and ive never been more depressed in my life. Im young, healthy, decent looking and i do ok money wise but im miserable and i need the boards help on getting me out of this funk. The big issue seems to stem from the fact that i have no friends and i spend days on end by myself. Anyways im working on trying to find a girl. And im going to rent a seperate house just to grow in for that reason alone. Online dating is working pretty well. I use to not give a shit about socializing but youd be surprised what 7-10 day straight without face to face conversation will do to a person. So where can i go and what can i do to meet and develop new friendships? Any other suggestions for how i can get out of this rut. Moneys not everything ive come to find out. Its about hope and having things to look forward to i think.

Sandnut

Do you need a tutorial on LIFE?? people are so hopeless, you can do whatever you like in the whole wiiide world , you are bored cause you have no imagination, just do stuff,whatever enjoys you, hang around with people , how hard can it be? if you dont like being bored then do stuff!!! you should get a source of inspiration to me you seem like a dead man walking get some life into that body, some people think joy will come to them everytime like it would be a goddamn circus entertaining you, joy comes from within

Sandnut

you should read a book called the secret, i promise you it will change your life ,,good luck!!

headstone

Personally I would enroll in a few different courses like cooking, gardening, carpentry, etc. as they will get you out of the house, you'll learn something new or improve an old skill and you'll meet a bunch of new people.

You could also volunteer in your local community. Charities are always screaming out for help, you'd meet new people, you'd feel great about giving back and if you ever got busted for growing pot it would look good in court too.

The best thing you could probably do though is get a dog. They are extremely loving, loyal, protective, etc. and it would be your best friend for what could be well over a decade. It won't be the same as having a human best friend, but in many ways it would be better, eg. using it to pick up chicks when its a puppy :)

I wish you the best of luck ending your boredom and although I don't know you from a bar of soap you can always send me a PM if you need someone to talk to :)

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
7-10 days and your losing it?? i slept 3 months in tent to finish a harvy with no one but my dog....yeah i got used to talking to myself and the dog but hey....it is what it is... i really dont know what to tell ya. concerts, sports events, prostitutes... its all out there. and if you got nothing but money and time i dont see the problem. someone somewhere is working a long hard shitty job and has nothing to show for it. go out and enjoy life. vacations,, cars,,motorcyles,, atv's,,, shit i dont know..... open up a dispensary. that will keep your ass busy and youll get to smoke weed and talk with people all day. and guess what most of them will act like they are your best friend!!!!! hahhaha

Bro! almost the exact same sitcho man. thats nuts. at least im doing things legal, not sure if thats your case or not. but fuck man, it sucks cause even if i do meet someone, i dont feel like i can trust them to tell em what i do. i used to say that i was in real estate... regardless im a shitty liar, and thats a pretty shitty way to start a relationship with anyone! I moved fresh to cali to do this shit legit. no license, no car just proceeds from previous grows and some equipment and some help from the fam getting out here. i got dropped off at my new pad in my new place and started going for it. im near the beach tho, and i chose this spot for that reason. anyway my lazyness took effect quick when i got out here. doing anything by your self is fucking lame and going out by yourself makes me feel and look like a fucking loser. growing weed sure as shit doesnt give me enough to do in a day thats for sure, and i got 8 light in flower and 3 in veg. i run a continual and im almost on a weekly system. 1 light per week. but even being legal, its hard to tell someone what you do for fear of rippers and users.
This all started in feb, and this summer i had enough. I said fuck it and started cabben it out to bars and shit on thursday nights, since its the new friday lol. but man you gotta get into hobbies. whatever it is it doesnt matter. i took up hiking since i dont drive anyway lol. its something thats cool to do by yourself and you meet people on the trail all the time. at least here everyone blazes so... but still i dont like talking about work, and try to avoid the subject as much as possible. try meeting people when you new in town, with no license no obvious source of income, no friends, no fam in the area, no reason or excuse to live in the area, and have a nice home to top it off. people ask questions that i dont like to answer and it makes shit weird.
So i end up going out of town a lot, like san fran, or san diego, LA whatever. ill go to shows or see friends i knew back home that also moved out. but when i meet people out of town, i have no issues telling them what i do. and ive ended up meeting some cool ass growers that are in the same boat as us bro! maybe someday ill have a secure enough spot, where i wont worry about telling people in my own town, but as long as its in my house, im not saying shit to anyone who can figure out where i live.

in short, get a hobby. i guess its the sacrifice we have to make untill we can get spots remote from the house.... then we really got to worry about rippers! i like my eyes on it! surveillance of course but, whatever......

Ha, funny story real quick,
i was at the beach chillen out. and overheard this dude trying to mack on every chick on the beach. he would literally go from towel to towel and chat up the next chick, and everytime his line was, hey whats up. i grow weed for a living and blah blah fucking blah. its funny as fuck watching this dude look like a fucking tard and get told to beat it after 5 minutes with each chick. anyway, just from over hearing this dude at the beach, i knew where he lived,(abouts) where he hung out, and how much he claimed to make. also the car he drove. anyway, he looked like an idiot and i laughed my ass off at his approach. im guessing he was in a similar sitcho as well.

first things first, you have to find something you enjoy doing by yourself, that isnt inside! get outside, youll feel better. and if your as paranoid as i am, meet people out of town, and leave your biz to the town you live in. thats what im having to do. i got some bar friends here, and people to chill with out of town. but i get to grow fabulous herb for living and thats cool with me! friends , good friends, real friends will come with time. shit all my old friends suck and have shown there true colors so im starting from scratch almost entirely. i can count my friends on 1 hand!

I

Iron_Lion

I quit my job to be a full time grower back in May and at the time i thought it was going to be awesome. I figured i would do alot of reading and watch movies all day. Maybe get in great shape and try and find a girlfriend. I was so happy for the year or two leading up to my early retirement. Well, im 5 months into it and ive never been more depressed in my life. Im young, healthy, decent looking and i do ok money wise but im miserable and i need the boards help on getting me out of this funk. The big issue seems to stem from the fact that i have no friends and i spend days on end by myself. Anyways im working on trying to find a girl. And im going to rent a seperate house just to grow in for that reason alone. Online dating is working pretty well. I use to not give a shit about socializing but youd be surprised what 7-10 day straight without face to face conversation will do to a person. So where can i go and what can i do to meet and develop new friendships? Any other suggestions for how i can get out of this rut. Moneys not everything ive come to find out. Its about hope and having things to look forward to i think.

Why not take up hoarding, it's a great way to fill hours in your day and way more satisfying than a woman.

trouble

Veteran
(1) If you don't already play, take-up golf.

(2) Get involved with some local charities, and help others less fortunate.

(3) Catch-up on some reading.

(4) If you have kids, spend more quality time with them.

(5) Spend more time drinking at your local pub.

(6) Get some travelers checks, plane ticket, and go to Europe for a couple weeks. If you play golf go to Ireland!

(7) Find a younger hot girl, and do some serious sport-fucking.

These are just a few suggestions which have always helped me to overcome boredom when life seems a bit slow & predictable.

:wave:

Whatever you do, don't set yourself up to get fucked over, no matter how small the possibility. Recently Redspaghetti had a house robbed/safe cracked because of his girlfriend who he trusted and didn't suspect.

Also, ditto on what the above posters said about dogs.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
Im in the same situation...but im married with family...Try not to get out there involved in some bullshit...trouble.

maryj315

Spank your monkey more often. It solves your problem with being bored, having a girl around will not be required and it is free.

Mj

Herborizer

Veteran
Get a gym membership. Find an athletic sport that you can get into. Like running, kayak, racket ball, rock climbing, etc. Join a club/group for these. You will meet great people, with similar interests even! I always wonder why people go to bars to meet their future girlfriend/boyfriend. Not a good place. Quality people are doing hobbies, sports, volunteer, etc. If you are religious, church can be a great place to start.

Though, I feel for you guys/gals who have to be in the closet about your job. Building relationships based on lies isn't a strong platform. I would try to develop an approach you feel good about.