What's new

innertaining illectric ideas

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
so i been thinking alot lately...sorta entertaining stoner musings and developed an obsession for perpetual motion and the creation of electric energy from same.

now i know the adage about no free lunch and this is no different as there is some expense upfront.

as far as i know there exists no patent on this apparatus, no working model, or even a connection between the simple constituents of my device and finished product of a perpetually running steam generator capable of variable output from low KW to MW.

in fact, i find no examples of perpetual motion able to produce electricity.

this isn't about the method though, it's about the need to take out the oppressive nature of corporate energy and replace it with a machine you own, parked in your garage producing enough electric energy to run your house and home.

i envision rural developement beyond the 'grid' giving the third world the power to pull themselves out of poverty. providing heat and light while not being under the influence of threat of losing that advantage.

the components are available and cheap (relative to a fuedal existence of relying on the power company) can be compact and portable or scaled to be standalone power sources.

they will be non polluting (no emmissions) sustainable and renewable with only water being added.

i want to offer them at around $10K for a power plant that will supply a household of four (about 2000KW per day) with continuous nonpolluting cheap electricity.

i know that's a goodly whack; but consider your electric bill month after month adding/compiling endlessly.

before the flaming starts, let me say this...

i believe in myself. i don't need another partner. this is not a toy.

tell me why you think this impossible.
:tiphat:

Last edited:

BudToaster

Veteran
if that's how much power your device is providing for you, then i'll buy one today, right now. Do you accept PayPal?

i think it is immoral to charge people for electric, when it could be free. old paradigms die hard, eh?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
this wasn't an advertisment. just fishing for the interested. thank you for showing an interest.

my pricetag aside, how much would you be willing to pay for endless power on demand?

i'm thinking an average household pays 70-100$ monthly. at $100. a month it would take about 8 years or so to be paid off.

and if i could provide this now for $15K you are down with that?

i'm not willing to invest substantial sums for production with little interest from the target audience.

i thought growers would be first in line for this technology. no paper trail indicating immense power usage, small to no footprint, nonpolluting, renewable...what more could one desire?

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
if you can prove that you have a device that will work and can give you enough electricity to run a decent grow off of you have a market and the price would depend on how much electricity you can provide.

However getting someone to drop 10-15k with no company to back it and no legal way of re cooperating there money if it dont work or breaks is a risk to everyone.

you show a model that continually produces constant energry and work for over a year with test a data youd have alot more confidence on your side.

BudToaster

Veteran
no grow, i'm running an all electric house and my home-based computer business. my electric bill is between $300 to $600 per month. around $0.15 per kwh (delivered).

i would pay up to $25,000 for a system to get me off the grid -- beyond that i'll just engineer my own system. i have a well and septic so i would be totally self sufficient with my own power plant.

i recognize the risk described by PoopyTB -- i'm an adequately competent engineer and fully expect to maintain all the mechanicals in my house. And i do. Kind of a unique setup here, so it's not like i have a choice about getting a "service tech" to do maintenance.

i have a $40 million dollar/9 month plan to provide america (and then the world) with free electricity: using the crowd-source model, i would put a 3d printer (and accessories) in 10,000 high schools. i am sure the creative power of all those students would have a workable, scalable, distributed energy generation system within one school year.

B

BrnCow

I would be amazed to just watch some form of real perpetual motion running...hell! Charge admission...I'll pay a decent price for a ticket! But the energy companies might have a hit put out on you if the old rumors are true...I once saw a picture of a man in Houston that had come up with s perpetual motion machine...looked like a 30" Ferris wheel made of wood with tin or foil hooked to it somehow...made the noon news and was supposed to air that evening...but was never heard from again...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlx2PgESXhs

here yas go BrnCow, go from there...you might discover the urge peeeps have to show their stuff.

Budtoaster you're my target demographic. i'm not out to burn peoples. you could have this paid in 3 years.

the wife suggested leasing them. i'm not sure i wanna be the billgates of alternative energy...but this is an investment in ones future.

i'd also like to service farmers, ranchers, everyday folk to reduce their footprint also.

remember this is green. no frickin carbon tax, most likely a tax credit! and some energy providers pay for excess pumped back into their grid...

perfect for the hippey reclusive or prepper for off the grid power...or grower, or anyone who wants self sufficeincy.

i cannot post an example. i've only recently corraborated with someone to verify it's feasibliity. i trust his experience and expertise, i trust my own, we will have a working prototype this year.

i'm not in high school anymore (dammit), but that idea is genious. never underestimate the power of directed thought...

hey Poopie!

Last edited:

LEDfoot

[. . .]
in fact, i find no examples of perpetual motion able to produce electricity.
[. . .]
tell me why you think this impossible.
:tiphat:
Thermodynamics, entropy, stuff like that.

If your idea works (and you can explain it) you would win the Nobel prize for physics, no doubt about that.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
i know there is a device that harnesses the power of waves and turns it into electricity

developed by a uni

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
they will be non polluting (no emmissions) sustainable and renewable with only water being added.

So this is a steam-powered electrical generator? If you have to add water and, I assume, something to burn to heat the water - then its not perpetual. To be perpetual, all you have to do is start it and youre done.

Now if your water intake was stream-fed and your heat source was natural gas piped straight from the ground to the machine, then youd have something. But someday that gas will be used up and that stream will dry up or change its course.

Either way, endeavoring to bring free sustainable power to world is commendable.

How many 3rd world homes do you think could be powered with 1 machine? I imagine it would take an entire neighborhood to purchase 1 and pay for the water and fuel supplies.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Thermodynamics, entropy, stuff like that.

If your idea works (and you can explain it) you would win the Nobel prize for physics, no doubt about that.

that's a nice sentiment, it's been said i'll probably be killed, much better to get the Nobel. i can explain how it works, not why.

link don't link...

i know there is a device that harnesses the power of waves and turns it into electricity

developed by a uni

that effectively captures wave motion and converts...with a dynamo i believe...cool idea and green. hey Weird.

So this is a steam-powered electrical generator? If you have to add water and, I assume, something to burn to heat the water - then its not perpetual. To be perpetual, all you have to do is start it and youre done.

Now if your water intake was stream-fed and your heat source was natural gas piped straight from the ground to the machine, then youd have something. But someday that gas will be used up and that stream will dry up or change its course.

Either way, endeavoring to bring free sustainable power to world is commendable.

How many 3rd world homes do you think could be powered with 1 machine? I imagine it would take an entire neighborhood to purchase 1 and pay for the water and fuel supplies.

nothing burning. once started it only shuts down at your command...to maintain; it is btw mechanical.
water from tap or well or stream.
small electric motor to start the process, a boiler, a steam engine, and a generator.

scalable to supply power to rural communities if desired (NGO anyone?). source of heat for the steam and superheater is being kept under wraps until lawyer, grant proposal, business license, and finance issues are completed.

i've been living at poverty level for five years with nothing but a groundhogs day future and no assistance.

lost my house, my job, my health and fell into debt. this is gonna be pay it forward till my karma turns again (like said i'm not interested in burning anyone).

edit: i'm the shy quiet type. don't think for a minute i'd embarrass myself by punking physics, where many heads are watching and science rules the day it would be senseless bragadoccio if i couldn't produce...

Last edited:

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Heya trichrider, howz 'bout a workable solar powered generator that would run lights in a grow room at the same time that the lights would be recharging the solar panels located on the grow room walls.:)

...... and if you could make those solar panels highly reflective it would be even better!:tiphat::thank you:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Heya trichrider, howz 'bout a workable solar powered generator that would run lights in a grow room at the same time that the lights would be recharging the solar panels located on the grow room walls.:)

...... and if you could make those solar panels highly reflective it would be even better!:tiphat::thank you:
last sentence was your tell.
...and i'm going to get me some solar panels real soon. i was thinking they should go on the floor as well tho'...could charge my phone. great thinking.:dance013:
get some return on the wasted lumens, charge a battery bank, invert to ac...sweet.
run two panels, inside and outside. run lights off batteries when sun goes down, batteries recharge continiously.
:artist:

BudToaster

Veteran
back to the realizable ... what i want is 5 generators each capable of 1kw output. 3 would be enough to run my life, but i like redundancy.

once i get my 3d printer i plan to make a sterling engine and release the plans -- more useful than printing a gun.

and, as i said in the profit thread that got binned -- i think free electricity is the answer for a world where there are no jobs, where robots do all the work.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Last edited:

BudToaster

Veteran
i have something similar (to the first link) a 2kw Tripplite dc to ac inverter/charger with two RV batteries running my office equipment. AC can be unreliable around here and it is nice to have several hours to shutoff all the equipment. it had been a scramble in the middle of the night to get into the cellar in the 10 minutes a typical battery UPS provided. it cost $1k for this setup.

i still prefer the redundancy of 5 power units over 2 power units.

BudToaster

Veteran
hydroelectricity or solar power. already available

due to living on the riverbank -- tidal, about .5 knot current -- which is more reliable than solar, i'll go with hydroelectricity. Do you have a link?

my alternative is to use solar heating with river cooling for a sterling engine.

Latest posts

Latest posts