What's new

inline icmag photos on other sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. hyde

hello, i've noticed inline photos from icmag not showing up on another forum and was wondering if you use anti hotlink software or something to prevent people from inlining pics from the site?

Last edited:
G

You don't have any pics here to Inline to another site. Just what Exactly are you trying to accomplish?

G

IC Mag owns the pictures posted and stored here. What site are you trying to post our pics at? And ... why?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
If you want to swipe an image... download it to your hard drive and upload it on the other site... Don't need anyone stealing bandwidth and images...

G

Awww Now I probably won't get a decent answer ... I hadn't gotten to the 4 posts in 3 + years (2 not viewable hmmmmm) and asking questions about ICs anti whatever software thang ... yet. I had this one h3ad ... you gotta give Herb time to work em. HeHeHe

Last edited:
G

Well it seems you're the only one who knows wtf you're talking about. Are you trying to view IC Mag pics from another site or another sites pics from IC Mag ? What's wrong with viewing pics from the site they're posted at ?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Because icmag doesn't host pics for use by other sites. sorry again herb.
Hosting content cost money. Why should icmag provide content for gardenscure?

Last edited:

mr. hyde

another thing is that some members are able to view the inline photos in that thread i posted and others are unable to so we didnt know what was up. weird ok, thx for responding. edit: i was merely asking a question to attain information.

Last edited:
G

Yes I hit your link. I got the Offsite warning. From there you have the option to Link or Not To Link. I choose Not To Link offsite. I still don't see the problem.

Last edited:
G

I wonder why your first 2 posts can't be viewed? I smell SPAM

I wonder why your first 2 posts can't be viewed? I smell SPAM

So I broke my own rules and hit the link. My anti-spyware blocked no less than 3 cookies upon my arrival at that site. This is why IC Mag has taken that Offsite Link action. To protect it's members from getting fat from eating too many cyber cookies. If you don't like cookies (or have no Milk) don't follow up on hydes link.

Last edited:
G

Ok thanks for straightening that out. Now what of the Cookies that were "offered" to my computer at that gardensecure site ?

mr. hyde

i have never recieved any such message, i don't have spyware set up to block them, so i really don't know how to answer your concerns about that.

G

So they could be trying to capture an IP Address or Track someone for all you know ? This is why IC Mag doesn't encourage Offsite Linking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts