What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Infused Maltodextrin for powder hot chocolate mix

gmo

Veteran
Whoa!

My wife really enjoys a hot chocolate powder mix that we get at the dispensary. The product is 100mg/bottle and there are 2 servings per bottle (50mg/each). It's a good product, but gets expensive @ $14 each. She drinks a cup of it 3-4 night's a week to help her sleep.

I tasked myself with recreating it and I think I nailed it. We tried it last night and it is definitely potent and a very quality replacement!

20g decarboxylated flower
2tbsp sunflower lecithin
8oz coconut oil (liquid)
4 cups maltodextrin
64 packs hot chocolate powder mix

Start by decarbing flower for 30 minutes at 250f.
Add decarbed flower, sunflower lecithin and coconut oil to magical butter machine for a 2hr cycle at 160f
Strain flower out of oil
Add 8oz oil to 4 cups of maltodextrin and whisk to combine
Sift mixture through a flour sifter and add to 64 packs of hot chocolate powder. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
Store in jars.

My math, assuming 20% starting potency:
20g x 200mg = 4000mg
Assume 15% loss = 3400mg
16tbsp in 8 ounces of oil = 212.5mg/TBSP
1TBSP oil to 4TBSP maltodextrin = 53.125mg/TBSP maltodextrin
4cups maltodextrin = 64 TBSP
1TBSP infused maltodexetrin to 1 packet hot chocolate mix = 53.125mg strength per serving

The maltodextrin is flavorless and should be able to be added to anything. It imparted 0 taste/texture to the final hot chocolate mix. This is probably my favorite edible that I've ever made!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
From a health standpoint, the only thing healthy in it is the decarbed flower. Sounds delicious though. (Edit: Ok, so a lot of 'O' blood types have no issues with coconut like other blood types do. lol)

Reactions: gmo

moose eater

Looks tasty and potentially very handy for bush trips.

Doesn't the maltodextrin increase the sweetness of the sugar that's already in the hot cocoa mix packets?

Reactions: gmo

Latest posts

Latest posts