What's new

Infrared Thermometer

W

Whatever

ureapwhatusow said:
Accuracy +/-1% of the rdg or 1°C, whichever is greater

1 degree C which translates to about 2 degrees F

I havent experienced a strain that a needs such finite temp adjustments that a 2-3 degrees from the target is an issue
That bolded line is basically what I talked about in my previous post. Cool to revisit this stuff cause I learned some. Regarding the accuracy thing...I guess when looking at an IR you need to weigh all the variables regarding price. The D:S ratio is important depending on your application and worth paying up for. I like accuracy and closest I could get to some buds in the canopy was about 3'. I can see how the % accuracy is not as important cause for growers any reading will not fall within the % accuracy category but the 'which is greater' category.

Never dealt with C much but 1C does not = 2F even though I saw meters rated at % accuracy then also the 'which is greater' of +/- 1C or 2F. In general at high/low room temp ranges 1C ='s approximately 3F.

I totally agree about the strain and temp issue as it's more dependent on pH and nute strength/regimen. My experience was the happiest buds seemed to be between the high 70's to low 80's. If around 70 bud growth was very stunted and yield suffered. If up around 85 the buds started getting a little wiggly. Biggest thing I learned was bud temps do influence bud production/quality...and bud temps are influenced by how close they are to the lights and the intake/exhaust locations which is partially regulated by oscillating fans. The larger the room the more microclimates become an issue.

growshopfrank

Veteran
Just remember for best accuracy hold it about an inch or two from the surface if possible. I got one and love the thing, money well spent imo.

W

weedpureweed

I was told by a dutch guy that runs a small nute company that a herb plant will try to regulate its internal temp to 24ºC, anyone head this before?

U

ureapwhatusow

weedpureweed said:
I was told by a dutch guy that runs a small nute company that a herb plant will try to regulate its internal temp to 24ºC, anyone head this before?

no but its interesting

googling do plants regulate inner temp may or may not yield some info