What's new

Information for Extractors offered by various companies

Hash Man

Damn, again not specific enough.

what i MEANT was: bhogart is 'too cheap, unsafe, etc'...other peoples words, other peoples opinions. Just stating why I wouldn't compare it to a mkiiia. But I guess the real differences, which I can't say effect performance or quality or anything, is the lack of a vent hose, and top feed instead of a bottom. You get what you pay for with a closed loop. spend the extra money on better shit, worst that can happen is its too safe. Why people want to save money and cut corners on something like a closed loop extractor is beyond me.

Back to the discussion...

Bhogart: Top fed, no vent tube, 6x6 spool, 2x36 or 3x36 tube-$1495

Redbeard: Mkiii, slightly modified I believe(sight glass on collection pot, different vent line, correct me if I'm wrong)-$1500

Terpp: Mkiii, 1.5x24 column, flexible vent line,-$1790(2090 w/ SS hoses)

Sweetleaf- here is the price list. https://www.facebook.com/notes/sweet-leaf-extractor/sweet-leaf-price-list/1436243219953812
$3500 for their smallest unit and it's a V!, so no dewax. The dewax units are 1500 and 2500. (for a spool with a sleeve welded on it lol. Better have a chunk of gold hidden in there)

Tamisium-The base model is $1500. Don't know much about it so if someone with a tami wants to pop in thatd be cool. Pretty sure passive recovery only. Only things I've ever heard Tami owners say is that they love their unit.

Hopefully that gets things moving in the right direction. Don't know what I'm talking about? Maybe. Could I have worded my original statement better? Absolutely.

Not sure the vent tube is an issue. Also, time is $. Hands down, fastest shipping is bhogart as of now. They have such a good steel source they can also compete with glacier tanks for sight glasses , clamps, gaskets, fittings and valves. This is why they are so fast. I saw u already have your system and an oven on the way. Nice. Have u done a leak check yet?

The only reason i point out cup winners using bhogarts as well as other systems is to further validate my opinion that the bhogart is not too cheap, and is not in any way inferior.

Also customer service is 100%, and no one is debating that. They have a good attitude, even under threat of bad reviews. If you do order something custom from them it can take awhile bit the do what they can to compensate you when they mess up. I am a high maintenance customer and i only have good things to say about em.

C

CaliGabe

@bhogart winning cups, the extractor they used is irrelevant. Put gold in, get gold out. Those same guys would have one using different machines like a mk, an ETS, an emotek, don't you think?
Probably.

The CO MIP I may help with is going to use a BHOgart and when I found out didn't complain. With what I see people like Phate here doing it'll work :biggrin:

Lono

Not sure the vent tube is an issue. Also, time is $. Hands down, fastest shipping is bhogart as of now. They have such a good steel source they can also compete with glacier tanks for sight glasses , clamps, gaskets, fittings and valves. This is why they are so fast. I saw u already have your system and an oven on the way. Nice. Have u done a leak check yet?

Just waiting on my lid from the machinist :)

@Gabe didn't realize phate rocked a bhogart! Guess I wouldn't complain if I was you either lol. He certainly does well for himself with his.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Damn, again not specific enough.

what i MEANT was: bhogart is 'too cheap, unsafe, etc'...other peoples words, other peoples opinions.

So, your going off by what others have opinions on?

I spent a tab under $5k to get a 5lb unit. I was quoted 3-4 times that from other companies, yet im not seeing them win as many cups as the Bhogart has recently....

Lono

So, your going off by what others have opinions on?

I spent a tab under $5k to get a 5lb unit. I was quoted 3-4 times that from other companies, yet im not seeing them win as many cups as the Bhogart has recently....

I absolutely take people's opinions into account, especially when they are people I know are knowledgeable and experienced.

We can talk about how many cups bhogart has won all we want, but we all know that really doesn't matter. Seems to be what they do after the extraction(purging) that really makes the differences that win cups.

Plus I give more credit to the operator than I do to the machine.

krunchbubble

Veteran
We can talk about how many cups bhogart has won all we want, but we all know that really doesn't matter. Seems to be what they do after the extraction(purging) that really makes the differences that win cups.

Plus I give more credit to the operator than I do to the machine.

Hmmm...

Your saying the extractor does not matter, its the purging....

But your saying these other extractors are better then the BHOgart....

Then why spend $15k on a unit, when a $5k unit can do the same according to you?

Im not understanding WHY the BHOgart is not as good as the others, because they sell the units cheaper?

Lono

Hmmm...

Your saying the extractor does not matter, its the purging....

But your saying these other extractors are better then the BHOgart....

Then why spend $15k on a unit, when a $5k unit can do the same according to you?

Im not understanding WHY the BHOgart is not as good as the others, because they sell the units cheaper?

The reasons I thought they were not as good were the rc tanks, which I see have been fixed, a leaky sight glass, which was replaced. Pretty valid reasons. The fact that they were resolved by bhogart doesn't mean that they did not happen.

You are just putting words in my mouth now. I said the fact that they won cups doesn't matter, not the extractor.

I never said to buy a 15k unit, in fact, I said they were overpriced. Meaning you can find/build the same thing for cheaper. I agree with your logic there. No point in spending 10k more on a unit that does the same thing.

It's clear I rustled your jimmies, and for that I am sorry.

krunchbubble

Veteran
The reasons I thought they were not as good were the rc tanks, which I see have been fixed, a leaky sight glass, which was replaced. Pretty valid reasons. The fact that they were resolved by bhogart doesn't mean that they did not happen.

You are just putting words in my mouth now. I said the fact that they won cups doesn't matter, not the extractor.

I never said to buy a 15k unit, in fact, I said they were overpriced. Meaning you can find/build the same thing for cheaper. I agree with your logic there. No point in spending 10k more on a unit that does the same thing.

It's clear I rustled your jimmies, and for that I am sorry.

Jimmies are not rustled in any way...

Im just trying to UNDERSTAND WHY BHOgart is not as good...

Lono

Jimmies are not rustled in any way...

Im just trying to UNDERSTAND WHY BHOgart is not as good...

idk, perhaps read back to the little disclaimer I wrote before voicing my opinions on the non-terps. I think the key words were biased, and opinion. I have a mkiii, I have it because I feel it is the best value. May have cost a little more than a bhogart, but I have stainless steel hoses, ptfe gaskets, high pressure clamps. All for under $1500.

Everything after that 'disclaimer' was my opinion, based on information I gathered when I was looking to purchase my closed loop. Take it for what it is. An opinion.

should we discuss the differences between top and bottom flooding? That will not only clear up this whole bhogart vs terp thing, but will also contribute useful information to thread instead of bickering. Maybe start by addressing the efficiency of top feed? Supposed to be less efficient than bottom. I personally dont think its a major difference. Would like to hear some others opinions.

Hash Man

idk, perhaps read back to the little disclaimer I wrote before voicing my opinions on the non-terps. I think the key words were biased, and opinion. I have a mkiii, I have it because I feel it is the best value. May have cost a little more than a bhogart, but I have stainless steel hoses, ptfe gaskets, high pressure clamps. All for under $1500.

Everything after that 'disclaimer' was my opinion, based on information I gathered when I was looking to purchase my closed loop. Take it for what it is. An opinion.

should we discuss the differences between top and bottom flooding? That will not only clear up this whole bhogart vs terp thing, but will also contribute useful information to thread instead of bickering. Maybe start by addressing the efficiency of top feed? Supposed to be less efficient than bottom. I personally dont think its a major difference. Would like to hear some others opinions.

It has been discussed to death and is in the threads. A discussion will not settle it, a test will. There isnt much difference.

Lono

It has been discussed to death and is in the threads. A discussion will not settle it, a test will. There isnt much difference.

Well GW said in the bhogart thread that he has tried both with the terp by moving the injection tee to the top of the column. He said the differences were minimal.

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm still working on arranging a side by side shoot out between a Mk IIIA vis a vis a BHOgart and think I'm close, but we've experimented with the rainfall design using a Mk IIIA, simply by moving the injection tee from under the column, to the top of the column.

The difference in yield between a bottom flood and a rainfall are not profound, so I would look long and hard before paying double for a Mk IIIA, if indeed those two prices are apples and apples."

I'd love to see a shoot out between the two. GW said the differences in yield are not profound. Could there be any other possible differences worth mentioning? I still think it's worth discussing. Especially considering the original question. Which was the differences in the different units.

I do agree it was discussed a lot on other threads. A lot of mr. durden bickering to sort through to get to the good stuff though. Was hoping we could consolidate it on this thread so potential buyers don't have to do the same.
[/FONT]

Snype

Veteran
Would it be better to get a 2" tube rather than a 3" tube? I'm looking at the Terpp Extractor and I'm wondering if the 2" tube will pull more oil than a 3" tube because the extra area that the butane needs to get to. What do you guys think?

krunchbubble

Veteran
Would it be better to get a 2" tube rather than a 3" tube? I'm looking at the Terpp Extractor and I'm wondering if the 2" tube will pull more oil than a 3" tube because the extra area that the butane needs to get to. What do you guys think?

4" Go Big Or Go Home....

My 2 1/2 lb and 5lb tubes are 4". My qp tube is 2 1/2"...

Snype

Veteran
4" Go Big Or Go Home....

My 2 1/2 lb and 5lb tubes are 4". My qp tube is 2 1/2"...

How much shatter are you averaging putting 5 pounds in a tube? Do your %'s go down on the bigger tubes? Just interested. Are you using bud or trim? I'm still leaning on getting a MKIV based model from what I'm seeing so far. At most, I don't see myself running more than 2.5 pounds at a time.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well GW said in the bhogart thread that he has tried both with the terp by moving the injection tee to the top of the column. He said the differences were minimal.

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm still working on arranging a side by side shoot out between a Mk IIIA vis a vis a BHOgart and think I'm close, but we've experimented with the rainfall design using a Mk IIIA, simply by moving the injection tee from under the column, to the top of the column.

The difference in yield between a bottom flood and a rainfall are not profound, so I would look long and hard before paying double for a Mk IIIA, if indeed those two prices are apples and apples."

I'd love to see a shoot out between the two. GW said the differences in yield are not profound. Could there be any other possible differences worth mentioning? I still think it's worth discussing. Especially considering the original question. Which was the differences in the different units.

I do agree it was discussed a lot on other threads. A lot of mr. durden bickering to sort through to get to the good stuff though. Was hoping we could consolidate it on this thread so potential buyers don't have to do the same.
[/FONT]

An older thread and moot with the later Terpenator models that all flood from either directions at your whim and also recover the columns separately from the pot, so as to support sub zero cotton candy production. A simple update on all the Terpenators, for those interested.

We still get our best performance flooding from the bottom and simply final flushing from the top. After we added bidirectional flow, others followed, so WolfWurx is not unique in that respect.

One tongue in cheek thing you might consider, is who is leading the pack from creation of the first design, to current technology and who is following suite.