What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
there are photos with the strain description at the site

morphologically it's like the strain sold as Kumaoni

it's a variation on that theme, but found to the east in a region called Munsiyari
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munsiari

this relates to the previous post, in that, in this case I took the view that the plants and charas in Munsiyari are sufficiently distinct from those in the Bageshwar region to justify treating them as a distinct landrace (as with Nanda Devi too)

part of that is to do with the geography of the area - large distances and huge mountains effectively isolate the populations, and unlike with ganja cultivation in prohibition-era southern India, there's no need for people to move seed around

Thank you! :)

T

TakenByTheSky

there are photos with the strain description at the site

morphologically it's like the strain sold as Kumaoni

it's a variation on that theme, but found to the east in a region called Munsiyari
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munsiari

this relates to the previous post, in that, in this case I took the view that the plants and charas in Munsiyari are sufficiently distinct from those in the Bageshwar region to justify treating them as a distinct landrace (as with Nanda Devi too)

part of that is to do with the geography of the area - large distances and huge mountains effectively isolate the populations, and unlike with ganja cultivation in prohibition-era southern India, there's no need for people to move seed around

You need to write a book.

Dogtown

just spoke to a friend in Kerala

it does seem there has been a serious crackdown, largely due to all the hype about "Idukki Gold"

apparently tribal communities are no longer allowed to grow a few plants

Feel very bad for the tribal communities and for the local variety grown there for long time... Probably this led's to another option for the communites, buying hybridized non photoperiod flowering or faster flowering strains...

We will see what happen next years...

Already talk to your friend/grower, if he and his plantation is alright?

Thanks
Dogtown

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi - yes, as said - it's not an auto

I list it in with autos because it's very early

Can't say exactly when it will go into a flower at 40 N, but early

Lebanese, Sinai, Syrian etc. are also listed in the Autoflowering category - in their case because they exhibit variants within their populations that will go into flower even in long days

People are calling this trait "semi-auto" - e.g. going into flower even on 20/4
Just scored me some Friesland... Matures in September up north ? hell yeah:dance013:

Plantguy

The last podcast was fascinating. Cultural anthropology of cannabis is something that is hard to find good perspective on. Thank you Angus for helping bring this knowledge out. It helps me connect to the history of the great plant, a long and important history in human civilization.

p59teitel

When I reported that one of the three landraces I ordered from The Real Seed Company were failing to germinate, Angus - without even any prompting - immediately offered to send replacement seeds of my choice. Now that's customer service!

ngakpa

Veteran
for people wondering, it was the Chitrali No. 2

I've taken it off the site for retesting

meantime, we have new accessions from Kandahar, Kabul, and Central and Southern Laos in

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What’s your turnaround generally for international shipping ... over two weeks?. under two weeks? Wondering if the virus is slow down my order.? Thanks:)

T

TakenByTheSky

What’s your turnaround generally for international shipping ... over two weeks?. under two weeks? Wondering if the virus is slow down my order.? Thanks:)

I got an order from them a few weeks ago and it was very quick I'd say less than 10 day turn around over all including a weekend.

I'll also say the seeds are sent super stealth and very well protected. The seeds were hidden so well I thought they sent me the wrong thing.

marmarb

Had issues ordering not real seeds fault 3rd party wouldn't process payment was looking for some m33 seeds ended up finding some f3 of kayas freezland here in the states

p59teitel

My order arrived within 11 days. I guess everyone will have to wait and see coronavirus impacts on air travel affect things going forward.

Latest posts

Latest posts