What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

ngakpa

Veteran
Having the opportunity to get a touch of all these varieties around the cannabis route is just amazing. The philosophy of this bank really stand out of the rest, not only because of the generosity and quality but because of the honesty.

Your lebanese Angus ( well lebanese from bekaa),grown in a southern mediterranean climate, has been... simply great. One realizes the non sense of the crossingxcrossing everything...

Thanks, sincerely appreciated, really

Plantguy

I appreciate someone dedicated to preservation and education. Thanks Angus for helping bring the history to life and give it historical context

squatty

Anyone familiar with Whish Seeds? I believe they have contributed a few strains to the Kwik Seeds site including Honeydew, Cindy 99 and something I just picked up called Island Time.

Smokin1

Hi ngapa! First post here at IG! I'M EXTREMELY excited to be able to ask you questions, and to be able to comment on the wonderful varieties you have placed within my grasp. I have been wanting to comment on the Balhki (sp?) The thc percentages of the plants tested in the northeast U.S. are indeed quite high according to my research. But in my mind it seems quite plausible (and indeed probable ) that at some point over the last 20 yrs, some g.i. or g.i.'s would have befriended afghan farmers and passed on some tidbits of genetic selection. I would be surprised if this hasn't occurred. Those Afghan farmers are quite as capable as any farmer from the Western Hemisphere. All they have lacked is education or interest in selective breeding. Just one good grow book could change everything over in Afghanistan. Guys who love pot, love it equally all around the world. And there's no pothead I know of that wouldn't mind a bit stronger smoke! Just my two cents. Quick question on your Himalayan varieties. At 42 North, out of johaar, kumaoni, malana nepal rolpa and rasol which of these varieties would I have the best chance of finding something that will finish Outdoors? Generally we have some snow by mid-october, although temperatures would still be in the upper twenties or warmer at night. I know that you're Nanda Devi would be earlier finishing than all these, but it was out of stock at the time. Thanks in advance.

Beaucephus

Ok what am i doing wrong??? Tried ordering from both sites and neither will let me. I’m in the states and ordered direct 6 months ago.

grayeyes

I ordered from Kwik seeds and the whole thing was handled by Angus personally. So I don't quite understand what you are talking about. The only hassle I had was I had to call the bank to allow the processing of money to the UK. After they knew it was with my permission the whole thing went like magic.

Thanks Angus!

W

Water-

has anyone grown Mango Thai or Highland Lao??

i couldnt find any reports on them.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Can not find smoke reports on the Mango Thai. Have a couple going but will be months before I toke.

Hempy McNoodle

Ok what am i doing wrong??? Tried ordering from both sites and neither will let me. I’m in the states and ordered direct 6 months ago.

You will have to call your banks customer service line and go through a bit of stuff for them to put the charge through. It probably got flagged. I've done it once before and will have to go through the process again the next time I order. So, this time I'm going to ask my bank if they can permanently stop blocking these transactions.

grayeyes

They may not permanently block as then you are subject to the Nigerian scammers. I doubt that I spent anything more than two minutes on the phone with my bank. And Angus uses a name for the transaction that isn't connected to seeds.

squatty

So I wonder if the Grandmother's Manipuri is mindfuck strong?

The Manipuri freebie seeds are from the most renowned centre of the valley for ganja, in the east.
The Manipuri seeds listed for purchase are from some Meitei grandmothers who I found growing notably strong ganja in the west of the valley, who provided me a bag of what they said was 'first-class' seed.

Thank you for sharing these with us Angus.:)

Im'One

I got the manipuri and the urkhul...yes! Then ordered some rare Mexican sativa from another supplier! Yes! Batting ,100%

musigny23

has anyone grown Mango Thai or Highland Lao??

i couldnt find any reports on them.

Last season I grew 4 Mango Thai. These were from the reproduced MT seeds that were what was available last spring. Since then the current version is sourced directly from Thailand/Lao border region.

They got to me a bit late in my spring planting so I had to grow them in cloth pots as my garden spots were all filled. Very classic tropical sativa growth. lanky structure with typical stretch. They were slow to begin flowering compared to the other types I had growing except for a Columbian but by mid September were going good. Then flowering moved fairly fast. Maybe due to being in pots, I don't know for sure, but new pistil growth ceased in mid November and they were basically at their peak and done. I suppose they could have been left longer but at that point weather conditions would have started to degrade them.

Very fruit and citrus aromas like ripe mango, Large bracts and medium density flowers. The 4 plants were quite similar but did show variations from each other. The effect was clean feeling and deceptively strong. Bright and not tiring or sleep inducing. This is the textbook "sativa high". Not down at all. People very accustomed to heavy "indica" effects often complain this doesn't work for them as there is little to no body effect.

So for me, in this terroir, once flowering really started, it was only 8-10 weeks. No going till Christmas or January like is often discussed about Thai and other tropicals. However that could have been driven by being in pots with constricted roots and limited nutrients.

I now have some of the direct from Thailand seeds from the Fall release of MT from RSC. I'll be growing these this season.

W

Water-

Last season I grew 4 Mango Thai. These were from the reproduced MT seeds that were what was available last spring. Since then the current version is sourced directly from Thailand/Lao border region.

They got to me a bit late in my spring planting so I had to grow them in cloth pots as my garden spots were all filled. Very classic tropical sativa growth. lanky structure with typical stretch. They were slow to begin flowering compared to the other types I had growing except for a Columbian but by mid September were going good. Then flowering moved fairly fast. Maybe due to being in pots, I don't know for sure, but new pistil growth ceased in mid November and they were basically at their peak and done. I suppose they could have been left longer but at that point weather conditions would have started to degrade them.

Very fruit and citrus aromas like ripe mango, Large bracts and medium density flowers. The 4 plants were quite similar but did show variations from each other. The effect was clean feeling and deceptively strong. Bright and not tiring or sleep inducing. This is the textbook "sativa high". Not down at all. People very accustomed to heavy "indica" effects often complain this doesn't work for them as there is little to no body effect.

So for me, in this terroir, once flowering really started, it was only 8-10 weeks. No going till Christmas or January like is often discussed about Thai and other tropicals. However that could have been driven by being in pots with constricted roots and limited nutrients.

I now have some of the direct from Thailand seeds from the Fall release of MT from RSC. I'll be growing these this season.

much thanks musigny23!

irie

Latest posts

Latest posts