What's new

Info on The Real Seed Company?

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Not only limonene has antifungal properties, but that counts also for alpha & beta pinene, geraniol (rose scent) for example, so it depends on the composition of the terpene profile of the cultivar.
Btw Female Seeds has a nice Chitral (Lemon Kush) too, originally from Positronics probably.

conradino23

I think your website said first or second week of October.

Actually on 45N she was ready on the 17th of October, so 3rd week.

I don't think I've ever posted harvest pics here. They're from 2014, when I had a terrible, very rainy summer and only slightly better fall.

picture.php

View image in gallery

therevverend

Veteran
Wow great stuff Conradino, those are some large, mature resin glands. I wish I'd gotten some of those seeds they'd finish right on time in my region. I know in the area where the Nandi Devi strain grows, and I think what Ngpka means, is that the strains there finish anywhere from August to October. That particular batch of seeds finishes in mid October but if you go to the region you'll see people harvesting from Aug-Oct., probably into November.

Another thing to think about, as soon as the plants begin producing lots of resin they can be rubbed for hashish. It may not be as good as the hash from mature plants but when you want to get high or make some $ you'll be out there rubbing. Which makes it different from our harvest time, waiting until the plants are fully mature and cutting everything down. The 'rubbing' season can be 2 or 3 months long even if the strain doesn't fully mature until October or November.

conradino23

Yeah that was definitely a charas strain. The taste of the flower was at the bottom low... but the high was amazing! I actually rubbed a nice ball of charas before chopping her, but I lost it and then had to go at it again with much smaller ball of resin though :)

troutman

Seed Whore
Harvest times can be variable and should only be used as a guideline.
Lots of bad weather and/or grow conditions can delay maturity.

conradino23

I can dig for some veg pics. Well she grows much like Nepalese Highland strains, veg is slow but I don’t remember any problems. Nitrogen sensitive for sure, so I’d go really low on that. In bloom she can grow more than a foot a week, so that’s a concern :)

Two Nanda's

Two Nanda's

Here are my two, can't quite completely see the pre-flowers but yeah, it is looking like I've got a male and a female.

[
1PBJSTB.jpg

c6IP5ea.jpg

Last edited:

CannaZen

Hello to all, What is the most euphoric and cerebral strain among the North Indian varieties?
Thanks

You know i would say malana cream is pretty neat, northern indian. Have not grown them all the way through but its like an indica but also sativa like vavilov afghanica, could of been an loose airy bud formation compact branching mostly single cola. Interesting confectionery sweet floral aromas. (IIRC)
Theres nanda devi and kumoani, nanda devi is cool except its a tall sparse plant from what i have seen. tangy and lemon aromas as I've read. I dont know. Others may chime in about RSC northern indian cultivars, i would also be interested to read about northern indian charas cultivars.

Last edited:

meizzwang

Hello to all, What is the most euphoric and cerebral strain among the North Indian varieties?
Thanks

Keep in mind, many of these strains have a lot of genetic diversity, and with that comes a diversity of effects. However, these smoke reports should give you a general idea of what to expect:

Malana cream smoke report https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346659&page=3

Kumaoni smoke report, scroll down a little: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=296087&page=5

I personally enjoyed Nanda devi the most, although Ngakpa mentioned the phenotype I had was very unusual looking for this strain. It tasted horrible when vaping bud, and rosin extracts had lackluster flavor. However, the effects on the single plant I sampled were A+! Medium to low potency, but multi-dimensional effects that were very happy. great vibes with this strain!

Purchased three 12 packs in all: one in 2016 and the other two were acquired in 2018, but only 6 out of 36 total sprouted.

Here's some pics of Nanda devi:
38191950066_42ef3ba8de_c.jpg

37901978094_94da6b23a9_c.jpg

37901926014_114cd73908_c.jpg

Dried main cola:
24895888948_4033cbb4f8_c.jpg

meizzwang

Generally speaking, from my experience, it's hit or miss with seeds directly from the source. Here are the germination results from my experience:
1) Malana: 12/12 notes: very high diversity in phenotypes.
2) Parvati: 8/12
3) Manipuri: 3/5 notes: very high diversity from the small sample, all 3 plants were different from each other.
4) Ukhrul: 6/7 notes: high diversity in phenotypes
5) Kumaoni: 12/12 Very uniform, seems like less diversity and lots of selective pressure. High male to female ratio
6) Tashkurgan: 9/12 (notes: got 2 interesting polyembryonic individuals from this batch)
7) Balkhi: 5/5 notes: almost every plant looks different!
8) Nanda Devi: 6/36
9) Shebergan: 2/5

Seeds produced outside of their region of origin from RSC have consistently given me 100% germination. I think the variability in germination rates from seeds directly from the region of origin has a lot to do with the sources and how well the seeds are cared for before it gets into the hands of RSC.

burningfire

Veteran
I had really bad results from the first batch of Shebergan... almost 10 years ago,

damn times does fly by.

The few males that I had were pungent, thick, oily and lemony, like lemon pledge.

Hempy McNoodle

I try to let my seed reproduction crops mature to deep senescence in a hope to help make sure my new seeds will have a high germination rate. I hope that it will help with Nanda Devi.

Green Squall

Here are a few of the Parvati's basking in the New England sun, getting taller, taller and taller by the day! Largest one is approximately 16 1/2 feet.

Out of 7 plants, I got 5 females. We had a microburst the other day from a thunderstorm and it snapped one tree clean in half at the thickest part, but
luckily it was one of the males.

EDIT: Uploading more pics in my album.

picture.php
picture.php

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got deepchunk (freakchunk) with kumoani & johar landrace freebies in my replacement order today from kwikseeds all seeds are plump & healthy im starting a couple jahor & kumoani to put outside a bit late but it'll keep them short. I'm very happy & relieved they made it.

therevverend

Veteran
My Kuamoni attempt reached a tragic early end a couple days ago. I'd taken a cutting in July, rooted quickly with vigor. Here's a picture from the start of August.

picture.php

I decided to light dep it, despite the small size. I figured it was growing so vigorously it wouldn't mind and it could beat the bad October weather. Worked beautifully, after a couple weeks it showed signs of flowering. Unfortunately there were more male flowers then female flowers! I'd had it tested to determine sex genetically in June but a hermaphrodite will test female so I'd had my suspicions. I'd probably have let it go longer if it had only been a few flowers but it was totally fucked. Wish I'd taken some pictures but I was frustrated.

Which left the big plant which hadn't started flowering, I don't think I ever saw a hair on it. I let it go a while longer but it was leaning bad over it's neighbors. Here's a picture of it from early August, it bushed out quite a bit more.

picture.php

It was over 16 feet and was branched to the point it was hard to tell which branch was the true top of the plant. I procrastinated a while but not being able to see what was going on in the top forced my hand. I had visions of it dumping terrible hermie pollen over my garden causing thousands of worthless seeds. My garden's tight right now, every bit of space is taken up and I needed something to tie my plants off too.

I got a sharp machete and started hacking. It was tough but of course it leaned the wrong way and dropped on the backside of one of it's large neighbors. Breaking several limbs off it in the process. Now all that's left is a 6 foot stalk I'm using as an anchor with green stretchy tape tied off up and down it. It was a beautiful plant and it had a good run.

Latest posts

Latest posts