What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Herbert Chickybaby

My RSC plants are doing pretty well. The Lao Gold (1st photo) is the oldest plant and furthest along and the Bokeo not far behind. Both plants are around 6-7 foot. And around 3 months since germination.

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

Last edited:

Herbert Chickybaby

This is the self-planted Lao Sa I found growing in the pot so well with the Highland #4. She has slowed down since i transplanted her, the soil is not exactly the same in her new pot. But very different pheno than the hermy mom-dad. Wider leaves, different color. The Mom-Dad was quite narrow leaved. Its about 6 weeks along. There's one more Lao Sa that I deliberately planted that is more narrow leaf which is about 4 foot and really starting to move upwards.
IMG_0762.jpg

Dope.Dove

Hey guys, binged this whole thread and was an absolute treat! man I wish I could just buy everything Angus has to offer but my wallet wont allow me :(. Ive just received my order that I placed containing 17 afghan mix, Kumaoni, Cretan, Nanda devi, Lao Sa, kerala (12 packs). Cant wait to run these but I just have a few questions, I live in a very dry/hot Mediterranean climate, does anyone have experience with growing tropical Sativas and Himalayan strains in those sorts of climates? either way ill most definitely be purchasing a lot more Arid acclimatized strains, Ive already got another cart full :)

Last edited:

tunatuna

So I’ve been working on an afghan mix breeding project here for the last couple years. Figured I’d give an update…
Went thru 60 afghan mix seeds maybe like 2020? Narrowed it down to 3 - I should’ve kept more but it was my first breeding project-
There was one I wish I had back that had a stem rub of plastic and baby shit.

The plants I chose both grew well and were very pretty and had good stem rubs and structure. The female smelled from like week 3 from breaking soil.
Female smelled minty and fresh and woody in veg and turned to this beautiful boozy white grape cider kind of thing. Some real nostril expansion w a turpentine kinda touch on the end.
Male smelled cologne like and ended up being fucking huge. Ended up smelling piney and bushed out so hard he pushed himself over.

IMG_0605.jpeg
P2 male -> P1 female
IMG_0610.jpeg
p2 male
IMG_0611.jpeg
p1 female
IMG_0843.jpeg
p1 early flower
IMG_0911.jpeg

mid flower
IMG_0821.jpeg
p2 early flower
IMG_0991.jpeg
late flower after my friend watered w tap water when I was outta town.
IMG_1078.jpeg
me being mature
IMG_3015.jpeg
male #2 from the F1 gen (120 seeds). Had an interesting smell and crazy good growth from young age
IMG_3018.jpeg
male #1 from F1 gen, ended up having resin on it! Pretty cool

Last edited:

tunatuna

IMG_3140.jpeg

IMG_3099.jpeg
IMG_3141.jpeg IMG_3145.png

F1 #1 male

IMG_3693.jpeg
F1 female who I tortured in this pic. Way too much nitrogen. Can’t figure out how to upload a better video of her. Smells nutty, and very fresh forest like. Pine, menthol, juniper, eucalyptus, wood, I’d say it smells like all of those things but not exactly. Like it’s piney but not quite pine for example. I stepped on a nug that fell on the floor and every after months of sitting on my apt floor I got this gnarly whiff of like stinky earth and white pepper.

IMG_3969.jpeg IMG_3971.jpeg
Couple randoms from the f2s second one smells like p1 mom but grows like p2 dad so I’m stoked to see how she turns out as I’m flowering her now.

IMG_4134.jpeg
Male I’m calling “juicy” from f2s. HUGE leaves and has this really juicy vibrant mango raspberry eucalyptus kinda smell.
Male in the back smelled like white pepper strongly.

IMG_4363.jpeg IMG_4362.jpeg

Female from the f2s that I think I’m gonna pair w the juicy male because those leaves are gorgeous IMO. They drape really delicately. You can kinda see it in the pic w my hand.

aliceklar

So I’ve been working on an afghan mix breeding project here for the last couple years. Figured I’d give an update…
Went thru 60 afghan mix seeds maybe like 2020? Narrowed it down to 3 - I should’ve kept more but it was my first breeding project-
There was one I wish I had back that had a stem rub of plastic and baby shit.

The plants I chose both grew well and were very pretty and had good stem rubs and structure. The female smelled from like week 3 from breaking soil.
Female smelled minty and fresh and woody in veg and turned to this beautiful boozy white grape cider kind of thing. Some real nostril expansion w a turpentine kinda touch on the end.
Male smelled cologne like and ended up being fucking huge. Ended up smelling piney and bushed out so hard he pushed himself over.

View attachment 18947456
P2 male -> P1 female
View attachment 18947457
p2 male
View attachment 18947458
p1 female
View attachment 18947459
p1 early flower
View attachment 18947460

mid flower
View attachment 18947461
p2 early flower
View attachment 18947462
late flower after my friend watered w tap water when I was outta town.
View attachment 18947463
me being mature
View attachment 18947464
male #2 from the F1 gen (120 seeds). Had an interesting smell and crazy good growth from young age
View attachment 18947465
male #1 from F1 gen, ended up having resin on it! Pretty cool
Nice work! Please do feel free to jump into the "Afghan Mix" thread. (link in my sig)

Lebanizer

I have smoked several Nanda Devi plants and it is a nice high.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Nepal feeling like the rest from there. Last time out with it was a bit intense for a few minutes, settled out to a pretty chill high. I took these plants down at 56 days, so that would make it a bit jumpy too.

The Jumla was a bit more enjoyable and the Rasoli would be tops I think. I would like to get at the Dolpa, Mountain ganja, Nepalese and Pavarti but some Africans showed up.

Jumla is rock solid OG Nepalese no doubt. I gave it a try, very very good stuff, repro worthy. Incense delight.

Also check out the following video from the Hippie trail era, Jumla is mentionned at 3m08 ! Then a majestic piece of drop dead gorgeous Nepalese hash at 08m00 totally thick, black (dark brown really) and lush ! I'm just dying looking at it :love::love: :love:. At 09m00 they show a humongous corn-shaped pressing of NEpalese ganja. I wonder if this is made from some mountain ganja strain a la Dakshinkali. In anycase, Dakshinkali is totally on my next year menu. Dolpa will have to wait for 2025 or 2026.

Still cooking (flowering) but coming to its end : one Kerala and one Malawi Gold under a 10h daylight regimen of 200W LED. They've been incidently seeded by a Keralan male AND by an MG ladyboy :rolleyes: . I'll definitely give that cross a try one day. Of note : both the Kerala and the MG barely haveany smell unless you stick your nose into them whch is a total +++. Their morphology is quite different though : the Kerala is a branchy monster kind of difficult to tame indoor as it needs a lot of space, while the MG is 100% columnar and looks like an indoor grower's dream. I have high hopes for both. Fingers crossed. I'll cut them this weekend.

Last edited:

Old Piney

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Jumla is rock solid OG Nepalese no doubt. I gave it a try, very very good stuff, repro worthy. Incense delight. Also check out the following video from the Hippie trail era, Jumla is mentionned at 3m08 ! Then a majestic piece of drop dead gorgeous Nepalese hash at 08m00 totally thick, black and lush ! I'm just dying looking at it :love::love: :love:. At 09m00 they show a humongous corn-shaped pressing of NEpalese ganja. I wonder if this is made from some mountain ganja strain a la Dakshinkali. In anycase, Dakshinkali is totally on my next year menu. Dolpa will have to wait for 2025 or 2026.

Still cooking (flowering) but coming to its end : one Kerala and one Malawi Gold under a 10h daylight regimen of 200W LED. They've been incidently seeded by a Keralan male AND by an MG ladyboy :rolleyes: . I'll definitely give that cross a try one day. Of note : both the Kerala and the MG barely haveany smell unless you stick your nose into them whch is a total +++. Their morphology is quite different though : the Kerala is a branchy monster kind of difficult to tame indoor as it needs a lot of space, while the MG is 100% columnar and looks like an indoor grower's dream. I have high hopes for both. Fingers crossed. I'll cut them this weekend.

Cool video and yes I want that $30 stick of Nepalese hash.I didn't realize that Congressman La Guardia was so ahead of his time

Airloom

Veteran
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Jumla is rock solid OG Nepalese no doubt. I gave it a try, very very good stuff, repro worthy. Incense delight.

Also check out the following video from the Hippie trail era, Jumla is mentionned at 3m08 ! Then a majestic piece of drop dead gorgeous Nepalese hash at 08m00 totally thick, black (dark brown really) and lush ! I'm just dying looking at it :love::love: :love:. At 09m00 they show a humongous corn-shaped pressing of NEpalese ganja. I wonder if this is made from some mountain ganja strain a la Dakshinkali. In anycase, Dakshinkali is totally on my next year menu. Dolpa will have to wait for 2025 or 2026.

Very cool video I will have to watch again
Your mention of 9:06 appeared to be a huge cob which would be of interest to those following the Malawi Style cob thread here

Loved the final statement to the committee at 21:40

“What we want is free, legal, back yard marijuana”

It has been a long time hasn’t it…..

Herbert Chickybaby

Hey guys, binged this whole thread and was an absolute treat! man I wish I could just buy everything Angus has to offer but my wallet wont allow me :(. Ive just received my order that I placed containing 17 afghan mix, Kumaoni, Cretan, Nanda devi, Lao Sa, kerala (12 packs). Cant wait to run these but I just have a few questions, I live in a very dry/hot Mediterranean climate, does anyone have experience with growing tropical Sativas and Himalayan strains in those sorts of climates? either way ill most definitely be purchasing a lot more Arid acclimatized strains, Ive already got another cart full :)
Its just the grass is greener on the otherside effect of mind. I live in the tropics and dream of growing insane red-purple-black Afghani demon bushes. But when I think again, tall, low bud yeilding, non-nutrient hungry, suited to my garden SE sativa wind ballerinas are just as good, though they are different, so who's to say what's better..

I would think Himalayan strains though would be OK in hot and dry but I'll shut up I don't have any experience.

Lebanizer

You can grow any cannabis strain under a Mediterranean climate, Himalayans love it. Just make sure they get enough water. But of course it's always best if you have plants that suit your climate 100%, in your case Cretan.

Old Piney

You can grow anything, grow what you like. Yeah you got the bug lol

Gunter

This is their afghan mix with typical indoor led and lst. Must be about week 4 or 5 and I am hoping to not grow too many leaves lol.

Faster growing than their DC repro at least in veg.

View attachment 18935631
So here is what happened to this plant: I went on a vacation over Christmas and set up a blumat system that ran dry.

The Afghan mix had to most draught stress and shed it's leaves. The freak chunk in front was also stressed and made exactly one banana that pollinated the Afghan mix in the back. Gave me one seed that I will grow out next spring or summer

Attachments

• IMG_20240108_102240.jpg
    IMG_20240108_102240.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20240108_102219.jpg
    IMG_20240108_102219.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
Last edited: