What's new

Info for growing and dispensaries in Colorado

I have been looking for information on starting a legal medical grow in Colorado and opening a dispensary. On the NORML website ( http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4526 ) it says a patient can only have 6 plants??? What is the maximum amount of plants I could grow if I had the proper caregiver licenses? How expensive is it to open a dispensary? Do you think this would be possible with 50k? Any information or anything pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated! Thanks

I have been looking for information on starting a legal medical grow in Colorado and opening a dispensary. On the NORML website ( http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4526 ) it says a patient can only have 6 plants??? What is the maximum amount of plants I could grow if I had the proper caregiver licenses? How expensive is it to open a dispensary? Do you think this would be possible with 50k? Any information or anything pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated! Thanks

You will need more than 50k...... try about 2-300k. At the time no one can open a new dispensary..... you can buy existing ones. However, every dispensary in colorado right now is not set in stone..... none of them have gotten their applications back from the state saying they are approved. the max number of plants you could grow if you were a caregiver? I dont know anymore really..... I do know that the green scene isnt as profitable as most people think. The laws are all jumbled. :smoke out:

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Yeah, you missed the rush BIGTIME. Now the game is on lock, you can be a caregiver, if you don't mind having inspectors looking through your grow or being on a Department of Revenue "list". I'd rather not. Dropped my patients on paper, going with just my rec and gonna grow large vert trees to keep numbers down. It's basically back to the old days before medical, just with a bit more legal protections in case the cops do come knocking (which has NEVER happened in my 14 years of growing, being careful has it's merits, knock on wood).

There *is* a residency requirement too for opening a dispensary, as well as one of the most intensive background checks EVER. You also have to sign over Power of Attorney to the state. This state is no longer the land of milk and honey, try MI or one of the newer med states, you'll have much better luck IMO. Either way, good luck! :wave:

M

merlot

Look on Craigslist for a dispensary for sale if you are interested in that.

Wouldn't touch 'em myself with a mile long pole. Easier to just do your thang for yourself.

Thanks for the reply Merlot. Is it still possible for someone to open a new dispensary in Colorado? I would much rather go that route. My budget is around 50k..... I guess im dreaming? damn this is depressing.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
You're better off using that 50k to set up in a new med state, one with much less regulations, imo. YMMV.

M

merlot

Thanks for the reply Merlot. Is it still possible for someone to open a new dispensary in Colorado? I would much rather go that route. My budget is around 50k..... I guess im dreaming? damn this is depressing.

50k would get you like a partial investment in one. Those fools would probably just steal your money though.

You would be much better off just using that money to set up a legit spot.. or buy some property in the hills.. that's what I would use the $$ for.

MIway

Veteran
^^^ and if you are from outta State... trying to invest... then they would be breaking the residency requirement for ownership & investments.

You need to have been a legal CO resident prior to Dec '10... I believe this part of the moratorium is still in effect, just like Cob pointed out... you can't just come in & buy into a dispensary. Just won't/can't happen... not legally that is.