What's new

Inflatable Concrete Grow Room

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
approx $29’000???

seems very pricey... for 29k you could build yourself a NICE underground cement bunker...

only difference is time... this bad boy goes up in a day...very cool item...

i think once mass production hits the states THEN the price might drop...

anyone wanna try to DIY this one?? haha, im sure it could be done...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Good to see some great responses in this thread, hmmmmm I couldn't see them charging t$29,000 for one, seems very expensive. I like that link ya put up Eminem $2,100 would seem a very inexpensive price to pay.

Globel did you send them an email or did you find that info laying around on the net? I'm just going to send them an email now, I'll post the reply up here as soon as I get it! wooo its bunker time! :D

globel

I got that from an email. I inquired how much it would cost to get one to me here in California. This email was to me from one of there sales people.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Nice one globel, I sent them an email but am still waiting for a reply, will be interesting if their prices are the same, I wouldn't be surprised if they were playing with you to try and get rid of that extra one in California. Time will tell.

og kush

so sick. to bad it would look prety wierd to my neighbors when they seen me burying this massive room underground.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

so sick. to bad it would look prety wierd to my neighbors when they seen me burying this massive room underground.

That's an easy fix, chainsaw, 55 gallon drums, hidden underground bunker. Problem soved.

sito007

how about digging out a 20x20 ditch build a frame of 2x2's cover it with white plastic then cover that with thrown away rugs you can get just about anywhere. get dry cement bags at the local hardware , put the cement mix on top of the rugs be generous with the cement make sure it get all over the rug then pour water on it . it should harden in a few days after just pack back the dirt. wa la!
suggest getting portable ac unit.
wonder if anyone has done this? it would be cool . go out deep in the forest and do this . i guess you would have to get solar power or if you lucky find a small body of moving water and build a hydro power generator, i think that's what its called?:2cents::smoke:

C

coconaut

Since this thread got resurrected..
In the reply from the Concrete Canvas company;
This would be the first shelter ever to be deployed in Canada and North America.

Would you really want to be the only one in North America to own one of these while having it stocked full of plants?
Discovery channel could come knocking at your door.

David762

It might have its uses, dependent upon cost.

It might have its uses, dependent upon cost.

Here is a fairly new product that will have all you like minded growers thinking :D when I walk in buildings or certain areas I'm always thinking 'this is perfect' for you know what ;)

Have a look at this baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=vv3SII568v0

If I had one of these I'd bury it, I have looked over shipping containers in the past BUT this would outdo them IMO.

What would you do if you had this and how would you do it? :D

HGO

It might have its uses, dependent upon cost. I could see it being used as a remote rural shelter, since it could be readily deployed, covered and camouflaged. Without a link to point to its' structural strength, or its' cost, such use would be speculative.

OTOH, used cargo shipping containers can be obtained almost anywhere in the USA. They are strong enough to stack 6 high. They are constructed with 6 sides. Delivered cost ranges from $2,400.00 to perhaps $3,200.00, dependent upon shipping charges. They are also available in different lengths, including 20, 40, 45, 48, and 53 feet. Some vendors will even modify the container for you, by cutting and installing door(s) and window(s). Architectural students have used cargo containers to construct multi-story multi-family dwellings. They are practically ubiquitous.
:tiphat:
http://www.chassisking.com/products/container-chassis/
http://inhabitat.com/index.php?s=cargo+container