What's new

Indoor Thai Haze - 1 pound monster !

I dont think GreenRocket has even said how long they've been flowering, so we dont even know where he's at in flowering. The 12 week time for this strain is very low. There are a few Thunk threads here, and people reported plants taking 20 weeks in these seeds. He might have another 6 weeks or more, who knows.

There is a big reason why you focus on the leaves before buds. The leaves will show the first signs of problems. Water stress, heat stress, nutrient stress, will all show in the leaves before the buds. This is why you want healthy green leaves, so that when they do take a turn for the worse, you'll know something is wrong.

The leaves act as a buffer for water and nutrients when these are in short supply. They also protect the buds from too much light as I have witnessed with my Skunk Hazes. The buds are always last to show signs of damage, so keep those leaves around as an alarm warning, and food reserves.

Here is a link that will describe more roles of N for plants.

Now onto under-watering. When the plants supply of water is limited, it will start removing water from the lower leaves to supply it to the top of the plant(apical dominance). When this water is pulled out of the leaves it loses its turgidity and collapses(wilting). This is the point where the green leaves start to go yellow if water isn't restored soon enough. If water isn't applied soon enough, the leaves will completely go yellow, and fall off, or sometimes stay attached and it shrivels up dry.

Gday Dave,

All is good, on this occasion the leaves are yellowing because Im holding of on the nutrients. I know its ok to do this at this stage of flowering because there is only a small section of the top of the plant that I am waiting on. I keep a close eye on under and over watering. I always expect some yellowing of leaves a few days into flushing, with this particular plant the yellowing came on rapidly so maybe I started to flush a bit to early. But I gave her half nutes for a few days and now the yellowing is as expected.

I cant really say how long the plant has been flowering for exactly, I have never really needed to know as I can usually go by eye but its my first grow with a haze so it was better to ask just to be sure.

Thanks for the link!

PS: Any luck with those Satoris?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Gday Dave,

All is good, on this occasion the leaves are yellowing because Im holding of on the nutrients. I know its ok to do this at this stage of flowering because there is only a small section of the top of the plant that I am waiting on. I keep a close eye on under and over watering. I always expect some yellowing of leaves a few days into flushing, with this particular plant the yellowing came on rapidly so maybe I started to flush a bit to early. But I gave her half nutes for a few days and now the yellowing is as expected.

I cant really say how long the plant has been flowering for exactly, I have never really needed to know as I can usually go by eye but its my first grow with a haze so it was better to ask just to be sure.

Thanks for the link!

PS: Any luck with those Satoris?

Im glad you know exactly what is causing the yellowing. I only went into detail because Bigherb seemed curious to know more. It wasn't directed at your plants :). You've been able to care better for your ladies than mine. Hopefully we'll both be rewarded. Ive got a couple S. Haze coming down in two weeks I think. One is now sporting a few amber trichs after 78 days flowering. Im taking mine at 90 days, I hope yours are similar.

The Satoris were a bust. 5 males of 6, and the remaining female was a mutant. Normal cola, two trifoliate colas, and a quadfoliate cola on her, and badly seeded from a few hermies I ended up with from other strains :(. Maybe again Ill give her another run someday, but Im more interested in my Skunk Hazes more than anything.

sensiimus dan

yep she looks dammmm goood GREEN ROCKET,was wondering if i would be able to get a pound from indoor growing in a bubbleponic system strains like big bud fem. and cannalope haze feminized under 1000w metal halide and 1000w hps?

yep she looks dammmm goood GREEN ROCKET,was wondering if i would be able to get a pound from indoor growing in a bubbleponic system strains like big bud fem. and cannalope haze feminized under 1000w metal halide and 1000w hps?

Hello sensiimus dan;you should get a pound half for each 1000w if your running them at the same time.

Atm I have a 1000w light running over 4 mature MK Ultra's, 2 pineapple express, 3 Bushy as hell skunk x haze.

Even if I only got 3 ounces each plant, that would still be nearly 27 ounces minimum.

Big Bud should produce even more, I grew Blackberry once under the 1000w and Strawberry Blue under another. I rather not make a estimation but the yield was worthwhile.

Here is a picture of one of each.

1) Blackberry
2) Strawberry Blue

Attachments

• Picture 622.jpg
    Picture 622.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture 516.jpg
    Picture 516.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 13
Im glad you know exactly what is causing the yellowing. I only went into detail because Bigherb seemed curious to know more. It wasn't directed at your plants :). You've been able to care better for your ladies than mine. Hopefully we'll both be rewarded. Ive got a couple S. Haze coming down in two weeks I think. One is now sporting a few amber trichs after 78 days flowering. Im taking mine at 90 days, I hope yours are similar.

The Satoris were a bust. 5 males of 6, and the remaining female was a mutant. Normal cola, two trifoliate colas, and a quadfoliate cola on her, and badly seeded from a few hermies I ended up with from other strains :(. Maybe again Ill give her another run someday, but Im more interested in my Skunk Hazes more than anything.

I would like to see some picture of the Silver Haze and the skunk hazes if you are able to.

I have been testing the skunk haze and its a very nice smoke so far.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I would like to see some picture of the Silver Haze and the skunk hazes if you are able to.

I have been testing the skunk haze and its a very nice smoke so far.

When I typed S. Haze I meant Skunk Haze. Sorry for the confusion.

Ive got lots of pics of my Skunk Hazes at another forum, but I haven't uploaded many here. Ill create an album and upload my best pics sometime for you to check out. Unfortunately they got seeded by some hermies, but I think they'll still produce fairly decent.

Im gonna snip a couple of small branches tonight from my two skunk hazes to see how well they smoke, and probably do it again in 7 days. Hopefully I can find a nice harvest window for them, so I know when to chop my clones in the future.

I had to give in and pulled the plant 1 week from my first post.

So thats a week longer than I thought I would last.

Attachments

• Picture 1420.jpg
    Picture 1420.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 1419.jpg
    Picture 1419.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 1411.jpg
    Picture 1411.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 1410.jpg
    Picture 1410.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 11
When its dry ill weight it up.

When its dry ill weight it up.

Should make the weigh in.

It has around 30 branches drying.:tiphat:

Attachments

• Picture 1422.jpg
    Picture 1422.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 1423.jpg
    Picture 1423.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 1424.jpg
    Picture 1424.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 1428.jpg
    Picture 1428.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 11

bigherb

Veteran
I had to give in and pulled the plant 1 week from my first post.

So thats a week longer than I thought I would last.

she really looks great,i look forward to a smoke report

i think another week or soo you would have seen abit higher yield and more intense effects and taste/aromas

1luvbigherb

Yeh I agree, I would of liked another 2 weeks really but its difficult with such a big plant in a flower room. It also started to sag over and It was to difficult to try and prop it up as each branch needed support and the weight was to much for the main stem. The clones I have got going are a lot more manageable and I will let them go through to the end.

Anyway not all is lost, it has a great smell, nice resin and the buds are reasonably compact.

Thanks everyone for the advice hopefully the thread will provide some information for anyone else growing hazes indoor.

ndnguy

Did you run that grow on 12/12 or change to 11/13 or 10/14 some Sats need to finish up when they seemed stalled on a light change.They usually kick back in and finish off...ndn

berrymedead2

I am growing thai haze and im doing indoor. Have 9 under one hood, and i am concerned that they are gonna be too tall. I vegged them for a week and they have been on 12 and 12 and shows flowering already after 2 weeks. What kind of advise can i get about the strain. And what kind of yield it has. Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts