What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor Sativa entry level !

Asentrouw

Now you got me intrigued 😆 small pots ?? I need education brother ,why do smaller pots aid these beauties🤔

Well I'm a microgrower myself. And I never claimed to be an expert.

But if you grow in a small space you don't want massive huge plants. Which is quite a challenge with some pure sativa's. So it can help to keep the roots somewhat restricted, atleast untill after the stretch.

If you have the space, by all means use bigger pots.

Last edited:

oldworld

Taking into account the genetics we pick to grow in a small space matters. You will not get the best expressions from a sat forced to grow in a small space. It doesn't matter who's sat seeds they are.. I've been growing indoors since 88, and before that all outdoor. Everything is a hybrid !!. How well we grow has the biggest impact on quality. I really don't have anything else to add to this topic. I'd still like to watch a 4x2 sat grow thread..
I have a 4x2. My current genetics have northern lights mixed in, so a little indica, though it presents itself as NLD type. If someone wants to offer a seed, I can get that going for you. If not, I'll start it up in September when I buy some

Now you got me intrigued 😆 small pots ?? I need education brother ,why do smaller pots aid these beauties🤔
Small pots, small plants. They won't help, but they will help it fit. You can totally fit a sativa in there. Check @FeelHaze diary. 3 different ace varieties in there and looking good.

FeelHaze

I have a 4x2. My current genetics have northern lights mixed in, so a little indica, though it presents itself as NLD type. If someone wants to offer a seed, I can get that going for you. If not, I'll start it up in September when I buy some

Small pots, small plants. They won't help, but they will help it fit. You can totally fit a sativa in there. Check @FeelHaze diary. 3 different ace varieties in there and looking good.
I'm growing 3 sativas (2 pure strains, one 80% sativa hybrid) in a 2x4 right now and its going well !! Note that even though they are sativa strains, the genetics have been work by the breeder (Dubi from ace seeds) so some traits like plant structure and flowering time are a better fit for indoor growing. Those are not inbred sativas like you would find in the wild but are still sativas strains. You can see the plants on my thread : Sativa organic grow with ace seeds (Panama, Malawi, Killer A5 Haze).

Happy growing peeps 🌱

FeelHaze

Taking into account the genetics we pick to grow in a small space matters. You will not get the best expressions from a sat forced to grow in a small space. It doesn't matter who's sat seeds they are.. I've been growing indoors since 88, and before that all outdoor. Everything is a hybrid !!. How well we grow has the biggest impact on quality. I really don't have anything else to add to this topic. I'd still like to watch a 4x2 sat grow thread..
You can watch mine !
Strains have been worked and they are not inbred like you would find in the wild but they are still sativas. I currently have 3 plants in a 2x4 and stretch is almost over.
Thread title is : Sativa organic grow with ace seeds (Panama, Malawi, Killer A5 Haze)

Last edited:

oldworld

You can watch mine !
Strains have been worked and they are not inbred like you would fin in the wild but they are still sativas. I currently have 3 plants in a 2x4 and stretch is almost over.
Thread title is : Sativa organic grow with ace seeds (Panama, Malawi, Killer A5 Haze)

Here he is. They may be worked, but the Malawi and Panama are still pure inbred lines. Not quite the landraces anymore, but I don't think that was the question anyway.

Asentrouw

I have to agree on that. Ofcourse the genetics we pick matter and most longflowering sativa's are probably not the first to pick on that list for smaller growspaces.

But it's also a personal matter. If we want to be fainthearted and take your philosphy to the extreme, the Dutch and Danes would never grown pot in their climate and indoor growing would be non-existing, because no plant is made for that. So I think you should also not limit yourself if it comes down to genetics.

If I had to make my living on it I would stick superskunk or powerplant clones on rockwool and turn a profit every 3 months. But as a hobbyist for own use I can do and try whatever I want.

Tbh Ace Malawi/Zamaldelica handled quite well in a tiny space: it looked like utter chaos, but still gave just short of a gram per watt of good pot with 13 weeks flowering.

Ofcourse I like to grow sativa beasts like you do. Indeed I can be quite jalous on that, great work in the RUST threat. 😉

But the fun for me is to just try it myself to see if I can pull it off with the very limited means that I have here. And although I was intimidated by some of the wild stories here, it was actually easier then I anticipated in regard of the ACE strains. Kinda dissapointed I want to raise the bar now with something more wild and pure. 🤣