What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor Sativa entry level !

Budshine

Was thinking two plants scrog over 4x2 …Sativa Dominant for summer months …any recommendations entry level ? I like Dubi at Ace Seeds and Barrie at True Canna ..plant people from what I have listened to via podcasts …anyone love a Sativa from those camps that’s good indoor ? Thanks 🙏

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Was thinking two plants scrog over 4x2 …Sativa Dominant for summer months …any recommendations entry level ? I like Dubi at Ace Seeds and Barrie at True Canna ..plant people from what I have listened to via podcasts …anyone love a Sativa from those camps that’s good indoor ? Thanks 🙏
That's a good question friend. There are so many to choose from, ACE and countless breeders. Someone will show up and help so hold what you got. Keep us posted on what you decide on and thanks for the post. Good luck.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
You won't go far wrong with ace.

It all depends on what you fancy. I've been growing their stuff for several years and have no complaints at all, plus if you post in the ace seeds threads, then Dubi, the head honcho, will happily give assistance/advice on how to proceed if necessary.

Budshine

I’ll get over there I think soon find out what Ace recommends,thankyou 🙏 count my blessings with what we have happening right now but yeah from a plant standpoint I really interested in growing an elegant Sativa .I may need too raise my roof a little get a bit more height on my light !

Asentrouw

Can't go wrong with Ace.

I found their Malawi and Zamaldelica very nice and relatively easy to grow for a pure sativa. Both where finished in just over 12 weeks and remained quite managable.

If you want something less worked and more "wild" I would go for RSC/Kwik seeds.

Budshine

Aces most potent award goes too…he mentions one in an interview on The Potcast as a Spiritual experience and I miss which it is every time… is it a haze ?Im thinking potent/strong as the flowering time being longer we need something we are not going to hoover up in a week /weeks ?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sativa in a 4x2 would need massive training. I've only had a few Sativa plants finish under 3' tall with no training in many decades. One of shortest is Lieu Hanh. It's not easy to make a recommendation with such limited space. Make a thread when you pick some, would love to watch that ..

Asentrouw

Sativa in a 4x2 would need massive training. I've only had a few Sativa plants finish under 3' tall with no training in many decades.

Certainly true. But I found certain Ace strains to be quite managable.

Some bondage and cropping with the ladies should work for most sativa strains. Straight to 13/11 lightschedule, not to much N and small pots also can help.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grow a lot of Sativa/Haze plants. Most are the largest plants in my garden. Many will finish in the 90-120 day window it is def pheno dependent. A major time investment. Def not the best choice for small tents. We all work with what we have. The more we grow the more we learn. If people can flower in solo cups, Sativas in a small tent will work as well. I would recommend 12/12 from seed.

Asentrouw

I grow a lot of Sativa/Haze plants. Most are the largest plants in my garden. Many will finish in the 90-120 day window it is def pheno dependent. A major time investment. Def not the best choice for small tents. We all work with what we have. The more we grow the more we learn. If people can flower in solo cups, Sativas in a small tent will work as well. I would recommend 12/12 from seed.

In the end it's about personal preference.

I just wanted to try the longflowering pure sativa's I read all those mystical stories about in the RUST thread and elsewhere on this board.

In the coffeeshop the closest thing you'll get is haze. So being up north and not blessed with the right climate, the only way to get this is to grow it in a small cabinet somewhere. At some point you are done with growing the same commercial indica's and hybrids all the time. 🤣

That being said it might take some practice, but most 14 week strains of ACE can be grown without to much effort in a small cabinet with some supercropping/bondage.

Ofcourse sats that go 20 weeks or longer are more challeging, but that's part of the fun. It's certainly not impossible, just don't expect several ounces a plant.

You cannot compare it to a plant outdoors in the full ground. There even a indica can grow into a vast tree. And its certainly not the most efficient in regard with yield, etc. compared to commercial indoor strains. But still worth the hassle and if done well with quite good results.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the end it's about personal preference.

I just wanted to try the longflowering pure sativa's I read all those mystical stories about in the RUST thread and elsewhere on this board.

In the coffeeshop the closest thing you'll get is haze. So being up north and not blessed with the right climate, the only way to get this is to grow it in a small cabinet somewhere. At some point you are done with growing the same commercial indica's and hybrids all the time. 🤣

That being said it might take some practice, but most 14 week strains of ACE can be grown without to much effort in a small cabinet with some supercropping/bondage.

Of course sats that go 20 weeks or longer are more challeging, but that's part of the fun. It's certainly not impossible, just don't expect several ounces a plant.

You cannot compare it to a plant outdoors in the full ground. There even a indica can grow into a vast tree. And its certainly not the most efficient in regard with yield, etc. compared to commercial indoor strains. But still worth the hassle and if done well with quite good results.

Taking into account the genetics we pick to grow in a small space matters. You will not get the best expressions from a sat forced to grow in a small space. It doesn't matter who's sat seeds they are.. I've been growing indoors since 88, and before that all outdoor. Everything is a hybrid !!. How well we grow has the biggest impact on quality. I really don't have anything else to add to this topic. I'd still like to watch a 4x2 sat grow thread..

Budshine

Certainly true. But I found certain Ace strains to be quite managable.

Some bondage and cropping with the ladies should work for most sativa strains. Straight to 13/11 lightschedule, not to much N and small pots also can help.
Now you got me intrigued 😆 small pots ?? I need education brother ,why do smaller pots aid these beauties🤔

Latest posts

Latest posts