What's new

Indoor Growing with renting

Schlossi

House for Rent.

House for Rent.

To discerning tenants willing to help Landlord with Garden.
Rent negotiable.

N

NZjay

Schlossi said:
gro fridges are overdone and everyone knows about them. Go big or go home.

i didnt know they were so "known" about... grow fridges are common you say?...

how bout Bunkbeds?...

Quentin

Ever heard of cutting out the floor in public housing for a run or two right after an inspection.Getting chippy mates to lay and polish floor as good as new afterwards.

Schlossi

Chicken Wire?

Chicken Wire?

CANNABIS crops, electric trip-wires, bricked-up doors and even indoor chicken farms are just some of the horror renovations made by rogue tenants on Australian rental properties.

Insurance claims for malicious damage caused by tenants have risen 275 per cent to $3000 over the past five years, according to Adelaide-based insurance brokers Terri Scheer.

Drugs, veg and rock ‘n’roll

Carolyn Majda, from Terri Scheer says tenants turning their home into drug dens are a major cause of damage.

In one case tenants filled a room with water to house a hydroponic system to grow marijuana. In another rental-turned-drug den, the tenants set up an electric trip wire across the doorway, meaning the landlord or property manager risked death by electrocution if they entered the property.
Related stories

* Guide: How to manage an investment property
* Tools: See all our guides and tools

Related Coverage

* Illegal rent auctions on the way upNEWS.com.au, 20 Aug 2008
* Landlords warned on rent hikesNEWS.com.au, 24 Sep 2008
* Rudd wants one million new homesNEWS.com.au, 2 May 2008
* Stressed borrowers taking in lodgersNEWS.com.au, 1 Jul 2008
* Dodgy agents drive rental bidding warsNEWS.com.au, 27 Aug 2008

Sometimes tenants try their hand at DIY. One home handyman bricked up the doorway to a room he didn’t use. “There wasn’t a room where there had been one previously,” said Ms Majda.

Other tenants tried to create a rural lifestyle in an inner-city apartment, filling in their sunken living room with dirt and planting a vegetable patch. To round out the menu they kept chooks in the kitchen – housed in make-shift coops created by ripping off the cupboard doors and replacing them with chicken wire.

Sometimes the police get involved. A Sydney woman faced court earlier this month for illegally subletting a room in the unit she rented for use as a cannabis farm.

She charged the druggies $2000 a month for use of the room. Police said they found a sophisticated hydroponic system with 150 cannabis plants, with a street value of about $400,000.

Passenger

Hey SOG Gardner well I grow outdoors and I'm gonna grow a small 400W grow next year and this will make my outdoors MUCH easier plus i still get to grow through winter.

Wev

Pay Bills

Pay Bills

Get Schweet with LL first then after a while the DD (direct deposit).No more home visits. That spare double garage! no smell, no sell, no tell. Smoke it.

swampy_nz

oh,and if your growing in a garage with an automatic door opener make sure you unplug it.
a mate of mine had a 2x2 meter growtent in his garage and some guys were going round his neighborhood with a heap of different remotes and seeing what doors they could open.The cops busted them but my mate unpluged his quicksmart.lol
not something you want to show your neighborhood. :yoinks:

swampy_nz

You never know what gems you can find amoungst NZs mostly mongrel gene pool !!

Thats the problem here in NZ.You never know if the clone/seed/ounce you are getting is what they say it is and generally weed is either classified as either skunk/indoor/hydro or outdoor/bushweed.im fucked if i know if the 5 clones i got are really jackherer or not.
fortunately over the last 10 years or so alot more genetics have found there way here,making it alot easier to grow indoors than say 15 years ago when i started with horrid lanky nobud sativas.lol

turbolaser4528

Veteran
i cut a trapdoor into the floor in my built in wardrobe, so i just disapper into my wardrobe, down the ladder and im in my growspace, my garage doors are double beam braced from the inside, so no access through those

so DIY internal access :)

damn dude thats like my dream world. A little secret paradise hidden beneath the warddrobe, reminds me on Narnia or some shit haha when those kids go in the wardrobe and enter a whole new world. I cant wait to get a house so I can do shit like that. props meng:joint:

Passenger

damn dude thats like my dream world. A little secret paradise hidden beneath the warddrobe, reminds me on Narnia or some shit haha when those kids go in the wardrobe and enter a whole new world. I cant wait to get a house so I can do shit like that. props meng:joint:

No Doubt need to find the secret closet with the field of ganja in it.

keke.nz

cant wait till i move outta home. not going to be too far away, gona try sort a indoor space definately. can put plants outdoors anywhere so no need to do it in backyard!
and with rentals just keep the place tidy and pay bills and landlord shouldnt have any reason to come around/in the house.

keke

Schlossi

Cash Up No Tick

Cash Up No Tick

I been playing this game since way back living with my folks growing in the bush down the back yard.If you own your own places you have nothing to fear.Mow the lawn, smile to neighbors. The news tells you about not closing up your place too much and acting sly.Just be normal.Its only Friends dropping over for a quick coffee.Same job over 20 years everythings totally legit.

Beeka

Friends.

Friends.

oh thats easy. So if i get my Grandma to let me grow cherry tomatoes in her sheds and never tell anyone then no one will know and we all be happy.

Latest posts

Latest posts