What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor Grow questions from an old outdoor grower

Kunni

Hi, I am an old outdoor grower and have not too much experience with indoor growing except bring up mother plants and clones for outdoors, that’s is pretty much what my indoor grow looks like.

I am growing mostly high CBD strains for my personal medical problems. Every year I run out of product and thing about to fill the need with some indoor grow. I have from 150w HPS to 650w HPS pretty much all covert. Indoor growing is here by us expensive the power bills are crazy high, I paid 480$ a month just for a few mother plants and LED for cloning.

My idea is to grow the mother plants under minimum light requirement the clones too and then when it comes to flower get the big one.

I am asking the pros here what minimum light requirement for the clones to veg them until they are ready to switch to flower in watts HPS, if I do that minimum does it effect the yield later on because the plants are more spindly?

Would be a 1 gallon pot enough to bring them through the full circle ?

How many gallon pots under a 650w HPS per square meter ?

I know a lot of questions but any help would be more than appreciated !!!!

Thanks guys and happy growing

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The basic fluorescent lighting is ideal for growing clones or seeds. I can run about 20 dixie cups at a time for 30 days under a shop light. Then up-pot into gallons and increase the light with more watts.

Some people use one-gallon pots and feed thru the growing cycle. That takes a lot of labor and you will need to net with a trellis to keep the plants from falling down.

I use the 3 pot sizes to grow plants from start to finish. Dixie cup to start the seeds-one gallon for sexing, and three gallons for flowering. Some people like a 5-gallon pot for flowering.

20 one-gallon pots will fit under a 650 HPS. Using 3 or 5-gallon pots you could get 6 plants. Good luck and happy gardening.

goingrey

You can fit 25 1 gallon pots in a square meter. It's a SOG (sea of green) approach so short veg small plants.. it can work. The watering is a challenge as Creeper said unless it's automated or bottom watering from a tote or something, maybe a shared bed instead?

Latest posts

Latest posts