What's new

Indonesian cannabis

THC123

Veteran
Hi

A buddy of mine went to Manado Indonesia. He stayed there for months due to covid.

He returned and brought me lots of seeds from there!!!!

Does anyone know anything about typical indonesian weed? Like aromas, flowering times, effects?

Angus do you know?

Gry

Veteran
Was a member here who grew some real nice plants from there, you may be real happy with what you have.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure about now but the old days/70's Sumatran was regarded as one of the best, up there with elite Thai stick. I have some Indonesian plants going now. Not sure how great they are, but hoping they are somewhat like the old trip weed that came from there.

You are real lucky to have lots of Indo seeds. Rare stuff these days. Look for cerebral and clean effects, if you are lucky they can be LSD like, but that was the old days and may be gone or very rare.

ahortator

Veteran
You can expect the best weed ever! Indonesian strains are among the trippiest ones!

I only know about Northern Sumatran. But I had bad luck and the seeds I got seems to have inbreeding depression and they don't germinate well. All in all the high is really great. Much better than any modern strain.

Mine have some carrot, perhaps mango or citric smell, but the smell is not very strong. Only the resin has a somewhat intense smell if you rub the buds. Flowering time is the typical for a tropical sativa but not as long as Thai. You may find some really fast ones.

Good luck with them. Try to make seeds of the purebreed because they are very rare and valuable.

ngakpa

Veteran
Aceh has excellent landraces

Aceh, i.e. North Sumatra

Probably where most ganja in Indonesia ultimately originated

There's no reason why it should be much changed from the 70s - cultivation is traditional in Aceh, and there's always been large-scale production too

Unlikely to have been people brining in hybrids either, which is what really screws things

Latest posts

Latest posts