What's new

Indispensable Grow Tools

G

I decided to put together a thread of indispensable items used for growing cannabis. Although most everyone knows about these, I thought it might be useful for newbie growers. These are some of the things that I have found to be must haves, in no particular order:

FloraNova nutrients from General Hydroponics. 1 Stop shopping. Everything you need for hydroponic growth. 1 bottle for veg, 1 for bloom.

KaBloom (KoolBloom) - Ripening addative used 3 weeks prior to harvest. 2 weeks of KaBloom, 1 week of flush. This is the only additive I use, period, and It works wonders! I must stress that this is a ripening agent only. The buds must be nearly finished when first applied or it will actually decrease your yield.

Truncheon PPM meter - This is as easy as it gets. No calibration required, just stir your nutrient with the "magic wand" and it flashes the PPM reading.

Comair Rotron Whisper Fans - Small, nearly silent fan with good CFM, excellent for use in stealth applications or for circulation in any grow environment. They are AC too, so no need for a DC converter.

Sun Lift Light Hanging Device - AKA the grow Yo Yo. These allow you to raise or lower your lights in seconds. Anyone who has tried raising a light hung on chains in a crowded grow room will definitely appreciate these.

GroBot - Battery powered automated watering device. This could be useful indoors and out for soil growers. Although I have never used one, Gypsy is selling these so they must be good.

Tomato Trellis - Nylon support with 4 inch holes. Plants tend to fall over when bud weight increase during late flowering. This keeps them within the light canopy so the can finish ripening.

Bamboo Plant Stakes - They come in 2 foot and 4 foot sizes. Stake your plant when it is reaching the end of stretch during flower.

Twist Ties - Sold in garden centers, these are longer than garbage bag ties. I use them to tie colas to the bamboo stakes.

CytoSoap by CytoTech Labs - This is the best I have found for controlling whitefly and other pests. When neem oil wouldn't touch and infestation in my veg box, this product worked amazing. I tried to find the URL, but it was offline. Hopefully this great product is still available.

Envirolite - Fluorescent lights with built in ballasts. Available up to 200 watts. These bulbs give HPS a run for their money. Although they are quite costly, they are convenient in size constrained situations. They are great to hang low between HPS lights for extra lumens to the lower buds.

Please feel free to add your favorites!

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
GroBot - Battery powered automated watering device

GroBot - Battery powered automated watering device

Anybody got a link for the "Grobot"?
Good concept/product, It sounds like that could become a "guerilla growers" best buddy for a remote growing sight. :)

G

Great list of tools for the grow room.
I have about three of the items listed, and yes they have become indespensible.
The sun lift is a god send for me, I don't know how many times I have stuck my head in the cieling fan trying to raise my light when it was on chains.

What is a grobot? If it dosn't grow it , harvest it, dry it, roll it, stick it in my mouth and light it I don't want it ... lol just kidding, really what is it. :p

G

Gro-Bot

Gypsy just started selling these on SeedBay. It is a battery powered automatic system for watering your plants.

For an outdoor grow, you could bury any size rez with it and only have to go back to fert once or twice a season. Perfect for guerilla grows. It can also be helpful for indoor soil growers who need to leave town for a few days.

I just bought one yesterday, I will post some more pictures and my opinions on this little machine as soon as it arrives.

Last edited:

I.M. Boggled

Certified Bloomin' Idiot
Veteran
Gro-pot product description

Gro-pot product description

The Gro-Bot is a battery powered (3AAA) water pump delivery system. 3AAA batteries will last up to 6 months. The pump is adjustable. You can water and fert your plants just by setting the timer for how many times per day you want your plant watered and with how many ml of water each feeding.

2158gro-bot.jpg

:)

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
My god..........................

My god..........................

..........................don't forget a shopvac for us soil growers:) Absolutely indespensible....................................CC;)

:wave:

djembe

where is seedbay

where is seedbay

The grobot sounds cool, Seedbay seems to be an auction site so I'm not sure what to do.

G

Anyone have more details or links to the gro-bot. Yeah Yeah I know gypsy sells it but I cannot find that or the bubblebags on his website.....maybe I'm just high but i cannot seem to locate them.

G

Capt. Crip - Ooh, good one. Forgot all about that, definitely a must.

Sharp_Pain - I should be getting one in the mail this afternoon. I will take some pics and put them up when it arrives. If you have the 1st IC DVD it is shown at the cannabis cup in the Seeds Direct booth.

As for where to get one, perhaps if we asked Dutchgrown nicely she would put some more up on Seed Bay under Lights & Equipment ? They sell for $40, S & H is $10.

Anyone else have anything to add to this list?

Latest posts

Latest posts