What's new

Indica in mexibrick seeds, Why?

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All I know is that I've never had a real sativa buzz off of brick. I always get a dull sleepy high, every once in a while I will get a giggly high but it's very rare. Most of the seeds seem to be tiger striped to an extent also. I don't know how much that matters but I remember motaco writing that that is an indica trait. I wish I would have been around in the heyday of the sativas. Most of the sativas I get out of brick don't even look as sativa oriented as the Thunk I grew earlier this year.

G

Alright, I'll confess.... It was me, A. Fool, who brought Mexican pot farmers their indicas....Sorry to mess up your search for sativa genes.... :D

J/K :D

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually I'm looking for the old school Indica genes that are hidden. There are some interesting ones in brickweed.

DEVIL OG

I miss the old mexi ,it used to make me float. This new stuff makes me sleepy

Im sure you can grow and breed the genes to lean more sativa or indica. Just gotta do some searching and crossing.

Good Luck finding what your looking for.

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Ill tell you what! This brings back memories for me...but first alot of the mexi pot is grown right here now days...in the N West National Forest. Gotta hand it to them...there getting it done. Back to my point....i reminber fondly some dirty brown brick weed, a friend had. At first glance nothing to write home about. But once lit the world changed.....killer Afghani expansion....as good as the best ghani's I ve seen. best mex pot Ive ever seen. Would have liked to have had a few lbs of that one.

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HK, thanks for the info. Any clue as to how long ago that was? Do you think it was full afgan or a cross? This reminds me of some of the plants I've had come out of brickseed.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Hey guys the indicas you are getting are dutch breeds that the cartels purchased due to the much shorter cycle between grows. Hence more product and $$. They stopped using the landraces when just like us they discovered huge quantities of seeds avail. to them on the net. Simple business practice. More product and less time! More profit. Why grow and 80-100+ day landrace sat. when I can get almost two harvests under my belt and out the door with indicas. Peace

Grizz

Veteran
rainman the internet wasent even a reality back when the mexican x indica change happened,

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes rainman might be talking about the articles in HT. There are a couple that printed recently about large scale growers who have switched over to dutch genetics. I'm with you on the whole internet thing.

Nugz

what rainman is true, at least here in south America.

I know that because I've seen the change over the last 10 years or so. Before all bricks were from landrace sativas. Now you get all sort of mixes. Like always, depending on your contacts and price, there is still super prime brick weed around. Most is pure rotten garbage, waste of time. A while back I germinated a few brick seeds from some super stinky and sticky brick weed I bought and got both 4 months flowering time pure sativas and super fast regular 8-9 week hybrids from the seeds from the same brick! One of the more indy looking ones had a strong coffee smell to it, actually turned out really nice. The sativas required like 3-4 months of cure to get the good taste.

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nugz, that is exactly what I'm talking about. My guess though is there are some areas that have recently in the last 10 or 15 years started using dutch strains mixed in but there are others that have had indica mixed in for some time before this. That is what I am getting at. I doubt I get any S. American weed in the S. Eastern U.S but it would be nice. From my understanding most of the brick comes here from eastern Mexico. I'm hoping to figure out where the majority of the first indca seeds came to mexico from. Those fast flowering ones from the brick you were talking about sound interesting to me. I bet you could find some nice old shcool phenos in those genes.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
The Conundrum said:
Well I guess you'll have to ask an old hippie ... I gave up what I knew ... more than some it seems ... but if my info isn't appreciated I'll gladly step off. You are talking Needle in a Haystack kinda shit here Mr. "It would be nice to know" and FYI it's "were" not "where" ... Do some research and get back to us ... I'm not concerned enough about this to do your homework for you ... but I'd be interested in what someone else might turn up.
lol. chillax. :joint:
no need to get all riled up over a post on the net...no matter how ignorant it may appear to u. :2cents:

oh..and, uh, and for the record...it's indeed, where.... his grammar is fine.
:muahaha:

shake 'er ez...and remember! play nice, kids! :wave: :biglaugh:

ps- not all sativas are thin leaved. highland sativas from mexico can produce wide bladed leaves that can fool ya into thinkin its indica, even the height is stouter then the rest, but when flowered the bud is pure sativa :) then u have the new 'mids' theyre importing which is indeed a hybrid of sat and ind and costs almost double the brick sativa. just as gross tastin n smellin, but less leafy, less seeds (not by much) and bigger fatter rounder frostier greener buds that lean more towards fruity then the standard spicy regs taste if you can get past the mildew moldy decomposing plant matter taste it all has when bricked before even fully dry. lol. hope this helps :)

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ethereal said:
ps- not all sativas are thin leaved. highland sativas from mexico can produce wide bladed leaves that can fool ya into thinkin its indica, even the height is stouter then the rest, but when flowered the bud is pure sativa :)

Yes I think I have ran into this before. The plant looked totally indica but stretched a little more and had foxtailing buds. I chopped it around nine weeks, a little early seeing how most of the hairs were still white. I didn't know anything about trichs back then so I always went by the hairs. Who knows what I had though, chances are slim to none I would have been that lucky.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Well I just got my first taste of brickweed, friend of mine went to TX and a friend gave them an oz for free. Broke me off a little nug so I could try it, it's funny how something that small weighed 3 grams.

I broke it all up and found 5 seeds. 1 looks larger and immature, a pale color, 3 are mottled and brown, and 1 tiger striped. I'm pretty happy with the high, dunno if I was lucky or it's just because I'm smoking something different, but I'll definitely pop the seeds and see what comes from it.

kaotic

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just got your first taste of brickweed Huh? At least you got it in TX, Mine has to go trough untold amounts of hands before I get it up here in the mountains. I have family in TX and it's like a holiday everytime I see them. The weed there costs half as much and is a lot fresher than the brick up here. I take my best seeds whenever I am down there. I will definately be looking forward to your brickseed grow, Hope I have the opprotunity to see it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts