What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In the hunt of the mothers!(1st grow)(1kw, Aeroflo 20) (Humboldt, reserva privada)

Sooo, after i have done my fair share of reading (And some outdoor growing in harsh climate) And since this is one of my biggest interest(And been for bigger part of my life) , i FINALLY decided to get myself a house and go for it!

So the first step will be - Finding ze mothers!

For this purpose i did my research, and talked with some friends across the states and got my eyes on Humboldts BD & Black d.o.g, Reserva privada Sky Kush and mix pack (Might find something amazing there) And a friends spare GSC.

Planted 24 seeds, 23 came up.. Picked the ones who looked the best and placed it in my hydrosetup! AND - Made a mistake, i accidentally put it on 600watt and had it quite close to the cute lil seedlings and after being away for almost 3 days and having it on 24-0 a few seedlings looked very pale! (I am addressing this issue, by raising the lamp and lowering it to the 400w it was supposed to be!)

Attachments

• 20170425_182244.jpg
    20170425_182244.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 11
First day after transplant (3-5 days after hatching)
20170423_081809.jpg

Today (About 72 hours after that picture, and transplanted to a higher spot, since i needed to keep everything wet i went away)
20170425_181930.jpg

Overview:
20170425_182023.jpg

Invent:
20170425_182029.jpg

20170425_182100.jpg

1st picture is after the first transplant, and then there's a setup pic =) Last one is the most recent :)

Attachments

• 1sttransplant30t65hours.jpg
    1sttransplant30t65hours.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20170425_182023.jpg
    20170425_182023.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170425_182100.jpg
    20170425_182100.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170425_182118.jpg
    20170425_182118.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 10
  • FfI3pq7.jpg
    FfI3pq7.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 10
few rootshots :) Dont wanna disturbe em all, but it looks fine!, some are already developing insane systems already, so im thrilled about em roots :) especially since i did a light burn and a very small nutrietient burn , =)

W6r19bj

So... Complex already this one, like one really fat lump of roots :p
HjXGCdC

A beauty this one..
IKBCMCd

Attachments

• mhlWbfi.jpg
    mhlWbfi.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 9
  • qHhMDM4.jpg
    qHhMDM4.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 9
  • sc31BHL.jpg
    sc31BHL.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 13
  • HjXGCdC.jpg
    HjXGCdC.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 10

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I'm looking forward to fallowing and watching your set-up

One piece of advice I'd like to share with you. You should think about topping those roots that are sticking out of your net pots. By clipping or pinching the tip of the root, this causes them to send out roots along the length of the root which increases your root mass.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Is it skywalker kush you are growing? I have one or two going into flower any day now, under some new state of the art LED's I just put together. Will hopefully have them in the flower tent by Sunday, with some headband, truthband, and kosher kush.

Yeah mate! Skywalker kush =) ...

I'm worrying a lil bout bloom time.. They are a lil individual.. I was thinking, maybe like turn one row of (If they are faster) and put airstones in that chamber and flush? Cuz don't wanna flush everything at the same time...

Loc Dog

Veteran
Google "skywalker kush strain". In top results is seed finder. Right before the listing of sellers is button to click for full information. It has very detailed info. I can not put link here, because they will obfuscate the URL. It is great resource for info about any popular strain.

Bought a new ph meter today, after being very suspicious i had my friend come visit, with his ph metre.. Showed 7.1 vs mine (5.3,5.4) >_> So bought a new one and lowered the ph to 5.4.. Will be cool to see the results >_> Some serious nute lockout...

Loc Dog

Veteran
All PH meters need to be tested and/or calibrated, usually once a week, with 4 and 7 test solution. I only used 7 and calibrated to it, but batteries were dying and gave false reading, which is why you need both.

5.4 is too low for any medium. Soil is 6.5 and coco or hydro is 6.0.

All PH meters need to be tested and/or calibrated, usually once a week, with 4 and 7 test solution. I only used 7 and calibrated to it, but batteries were dying and gave false reading, which is why you need both.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51120&pictureid=1700402&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Yeah, that what was i thought.. But gold labels nutrient scheme tells me 5.2, which i honesltly was a little low, which made me wanting it at 5.4 ... But i'm having it at 5.6 atm .. Took a while for it to stabilize with new nutrients and everything! Only had to use a little ph - to hit that, so i'm quite happy atm! Gonna see if it gets better :) The water temps is between 17-22 (Depending on output on lamp), looking for a water cooler though...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=51120&pictureid=1700402&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

The medium that you use can cause/affect your PH and that medium can influence where your PH needs to be for best results.

Loc is right you should be closer to the 6.0 range instead of 5.4. I've always considered 6.2 to be my set point for PH.

I would call 5.5 - 6.5 the range for hydroponics and 6.5 - 7.5 the range for soil.

But the plants will tell you by how they look if you need to adjust the PH. I've seen large established cannabis plants holding their own at a PH of 7 in a hydro system. The younger they are the more sensitive they are to PH.

The medium that you use can cause/affect your PH and that medium can influence where your PH needs to be for best results.

Loc is right you should be closer to the 6.0 range instead of 5.4. I've always considered 6.2 to be my set point for PH.

I would call 5.5 - 6.5 the range for hydroponics and 6.5 - 7.5 the range for soil.

But the plants will tell you by how they look if you need to adjust the PH. I've seen large established cannabis plants holding their own at a PH of 7 in a hydro system. The younger they are the more sensitive they are to PH.

After i adjusted my ph from 7.2 to 5.7, fresh water, new nutes, totally cleaned out and so on i have already seen a difference in the colour and healthiness of the plants.. Also boosted the nutes in this run of water :) Ec 0.95ish (0.4 backgronund water) .. Gonna put it up to 1.1 soon!