What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In search of Florida Crippy

Yeah, I'm very familiar with that particular episode, the most I remember is Matt "Bubba" Berger saying that the original OG cut him & Josh brought out West and handed out came from a bag seed of Florida Crippie.

On that note, if that's true, I've heard it said that the OG cuts are either S1's and/or F1's of the Crippie and therefore take on some uniquely differing traits to the Crippie itself.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Feel fortunate to have a few good strains. Hang in there brutha, who knos what comes your way!

picture.php

Took a trip to Puerto Rico in 2010, after the ounce of bud I smuggled in my pants ran out we hit the streets. We picked up some "creepy" (that's what the cat said it was called). In those days I was an everyday smoker, that shit kicked my ass. It was boarder line uncomfortable. Had to spend a few hours outside alone. Lmfao!

CannaOg

Crispy is not a strain just a name for indoor homegrown back in the day no one had names for the weed it was just crippy or hydro

I'm from Florida too, born & raised never lived anywhere else in my life and I can assure that in the 90's, specifically the early 90's, that Crippie was an actual strain, always consistent in taste, smell, high & look...it wasn't until opportunistic street dealers began to try to pass anything off as the Crippie just to sell it, that it became a generic term for kind bud...prior to that, in the days when Crippie was still in circulation, the generic term for kind bud in Florida was just "dro".

True story man, I know because I was there, I lived it...and Stoner917 is an old head that just might have a much more intimate knowledge of the Crippie than you realize...and if no one had names for weed back then how do you explain other classic Florida strains like Gainesville Green, Triangle Kush, The White, shit even The Bubba...all of which were grown in Florida, very well known in their time, and absolutely had names.

SurfdOut

Veteran
Best bud I ever got in my life was from my older brother(bouncer at Orlando titty bars) in 93, 120$ for a quarter came in a clear vacum sealed plastic cannister with white caps on the end. We sold and grew quite a bit with several houses around Central Florida, but this was the only crippy to ever make me throw up after smoking. Any ideas? It was only available for about a year.

That sounds about right, I remember having coughing fits from the Crippie that brought me close to throwing up several times, the stuff was pretty intense, puts the various strains of "loud" that are available nowadays in Florida to absolute shame.

AFAIK the Crippie was in heavy circulation in the big cities (Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, Daytona, Gainesville) from late-'89 to early-'95 and continued to be grown & sold in counties like Polk, Osceola & Hillsborough until '97-'98-ish...and I really have not seen it since.

DJXX

Veteran
Crippy is in seed form...called Florida OG..aka Crippy.. by Grow Your Own by DNA..DJXX
here is a pic and description..DJXX
Description below...
Florida OG, also called by some Ocean Grown or Crippy with great bag appeal and an amazng odor. An all around great marijuana variety with desirable qualities: growth, structure, vigor, taste, smell, looks and strength. Double Florida OG cannabis seeds take 9 weeks to flower with average yields which makes this a great strain for your head stash. Large production yields can be challenging with the Florida OG but not impossible.

Genetics: Coveted Cutting
Type: 70% Indica / 30% Sativa
Flower time: 9 weeks
Yield: 400-500 m2
picture.php

SurfdOut

Veteran
DNA cashing in on hype. The sealed cannisters were not even close to OG, it was always still on the stem and was one big flower. I didnt throw up from coughing but from the head rush. I bought sooo much good weed down in Miami and brought it back to Orlando. I had some NL that would overpower the LSD you were on. Of course the cripts were in heavy rotation in all the big cities and that should tell you nobody can produce that much of one strain.

SurfdOut

Veteran
After I left Florida for good my boys were slinging something called Sugar Bud and were raving about it....wonder if that was the White. Philo, you have much experience with TK?

Not a whole lot of the TK, bought and smoked it for awhile but never found any bag seed, was a little young for it's heyday...only reason I had a lot of access to the Crippie was because my father sold a whole lot of it...and AFAIK the Crippie was grown by a shit-ton of growers in FL at the time, not just one grower or one crew.

Latest posts

Latest posts