What's new

In search of Blue Dream

Lyfespan

Less berry but is the berry taste the predominant flavor or is it complex hazey incense berry sweetness? My second BD from HSO was much less berry but still not blue dream. Do that cross, my Satori is a strong plant with incredible trichome coverage with a spicy, honey sweet flavor so I could see a lil berry funk in there adding some nice flavor and probably complementing the high.

bd is due to come down in 3-4 weeks i believe, ill post up pix and tastes

Checking into this thread to say I have 3 HSO blue dreams at day 50 flower. Three slightly different phenos, but all of them smell amazing and are very resinous. I have a question though: How long should I let these flower? They still have quite a few white pistils and I don't see any amber trichs yet. What is the standard time for BD?

Badfishy1

Everyone seems to bash HSO Blue Dream . I run it and it isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I most likely never had "the real" blue dream but how would i know . The one i had smells just like blueberry muffins cooking in an oven . I use a 5-6 gal container and usually get anywhere from 3-5z avg , I shared this with my buddy who grows it in a rainforest 66 and he gets anywhere from 7 - 13 z's , Yeah 13 !

I never had an elite strain i don't think but HSO blue Dream is damn good . Smells great ,smokes and tastes great has copious amounts of resins, huge buds and gets you really high .

I go 73 days minimum some times much longer (it's said that it's possible to double in weight between weeks 9-11) My buddy i guess grows what's considered beasters , It comes down after 8 weeks regardless . I'm currently going through the rest of the pack looking for that blueberry muffin pheno again . I don't want it back from my buddy because he has bugs lol . If worse comes to worse ....

I have never seen any pollen but i do usually get a few beans , maybe i go to long . There's really only one plant that i don't get any beans from and that's cannatonic .

If happy with what you have, I wouldn't sweat it

Also I'm not sure why people are bashing it? They are S1 beans of the real cut, so yeah you're gonna have a variety of phenos, some of which will fall short but others can actually surpass the original cut if you search long enough. People sure love to complain :)

Badfishy1

Also I'm not sure why people are bashing it? They are S1 beans of the real cut, so yeah you're gonna have a variety of phenos, some of which will fall short but others can actually surpass the original cut if you search long enough. People sure love to complain :)

Always going to be the unsatisfied lot

meadowman

i think quite a few look down on hso's because they named it blue dream which it is not. i'm sure there is fire in them if the santa cruz cut was used in the cross.

Robney

Checking into this thread to say I have 3 HSO blue dreams at day 50 flower. Three slightly different phenos, but all of them smell amazing and are very resinous. I have a question though: How long should I let these flower? They still have quite a few white pistils and I don't see any amber trichs yet. What is the standard time for BD?

Hey Finagleabud! If your plant looks similar to mine (similar pheno) I think you could take it down now or wait till another couple of weeks. While mine was a nice up high, I think if I cut it early it could have felt more like a haze. I've seen people say you can take the BD cut in 50 or so days, so as long as you have plenty of milky trichs I'd say you're good to go. Got any pics to share?

Anyone have some recent HSO Blue dream smoke they wanna report on?

I've still got my first HSO blue dream mother kicking around, maybe I'll get a fresh cut and revive this thread. shit maybe I can find the rest of the beans and have some more phenos to compare. Anyone interested in some more HSO BD pheno hunting?