What's new

In over my head - OG Panama Red

-Rioht-

Clearing out the tents to make room for the 'girl' who showed being female tonight. Wahoo.....The 70 seeds are going in the dirt in stages.

You guys have been amazing. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I am hopeful with the 'maybe' panama red female who decided to show me her sex almost at 14 weeks from seed. I have had her in 12/12 forever and have plants that are showing sex at 3-4 weeks.

In the last year, this has been the only time I had a shot of a really nice peaty scotch.

Time to take over the world. Let's bring it back. I have 70 plants left and culled the 2 males but took 4 clones off of each and they are in my aquarium filter. :)

Anyone want to help me now. I have NO idea if it's a true panama red but whatever it is, I think it's a good thing and nothing wrong with asking for help. BTW- 17 clones are female when I Went to check the babies at my friends house

Nice congrats on the confirmed female! Excited to see how the remaining seeds turn out as well.

Seems like theres alot of good experience/knowledge being shared on this thread, learning a ton alongside the excitement of following this breeding project.

Bsinger

I have decided to up the game a bit and get more tents. Hahaha just ordered 4 more 4x4x8 so I will be able to do more.

TheDarkStorm

.dont know why this sad face turned up..just ignore it

.dont know why this sad face turned up..just ignore it

Looks very nice..best of wishes for your project.

Last edited:

hellfire

I feed aquarium water always, budjuice and honey water weekly. I also grow in ocean forest from the gate.

Do I need more?

That should be fine. No sense in upping now with your confirmed sexes. You might want to read up on growing long flowering varieties thru to harvest if you haven't already. Pure sativas can be somewhat picky...

Snowhigh (Mota de Dios on here) did a Panama Red preservation awhile back. I believe his PR came from Breeder's Choice. One of the more legit looking PR lines.

Looking forward to seeing your female go into flower! Might need some training or screens for the stretch heh.

Bsinger

Loool, most ambitious first grow ever. How many is that total?

I thought you were never supposed to ask a girl the # on the scale or the # of tents that she has? lol

This will put me at 10 tents.

Most ambitious first grow EVER, right? I can't seem to grow a houseplant to save my life but I can grow cannabis.

I'm hoping to start pulling clones in the next couple of days and let them grow till late spring inside and then throw them out in the back 40 where my horses are. (Yes, I will still keep some inside safe and sound but I want to see them growing in the wild.)

gorilla ganja

The chances of this strain finishing outdoors in Canada are very slim.
You will have monsters, they just will not finish before the frost sets in.

Peace GG

Bsinger

The chances of this strain finishing outdoors in Canada are very slim.
You will have monsters, they just will not finish before the frost sets in.

Peace GG

If I put out end of may at 5 feet just going into flower?
We get first frost in October sometime.

gorilla ganja

It will re-veg with the long hrs of light. They will not go into flower until late August ( if your lucky) but more likely September when we get down to 12 hrs of light. If it is a true PR it will have a long flower period and will freeze long before it is done.
I have frozen many Sativas praying for a miracle.

CodyPomeray

Just light dep them, plant them whenever your frost is over for the winter, then make sure they only get 9 hours of sunlight a day. Greenhouse + black tarp = light dep in the most basic sense. Check into it.

Bsinger

Just light dep them, plant them whenever your frost is over for the winter, then make sure they only get 9 hours of sunlight a day. Greenhouse + black tarp = light dep in the most basic sense. Check into it.

I will have a 4x4 tent that I can get an extension for. Could I put it in there, remove black tarp for 9 hours and then tarp her back up again?

Bsinger

Popped 5 of the old seeds and then decided to add another three to the mix and viola, 100% germinated. I feel like a freaking demi-god. hahaha

I did the following: scuff sides of seed with sandpaper (180), float in hydrogen peroxide (3% for 30 mins), float in water for 24 hours and then into dirt. Water lightly with honey water and no hood, no dome and no special treatment.

I'm going to pop another dozen soon I think. :) Wahoo

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 9.33.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 9.33.33 PM.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 22

-Rioht-

Popped 5 of the old seeds and then decided to add another three to the mix and viola, 100% germinated. I feel like a freaking demi-god. hahaha

I did the following: scuff sides of seed with sandpaper (180), float in hydrogen peroxide (3% for 30 mins), float in water for 24 hours and then into dirt. Water lightly with honey water and no hood, no dome and no special treatment.

I'm going to pop another dozen soon I think. :) Wahoo

How much honey/water did you water in per seed?

Bsinger

How much honey/water did you water in per seed?

I didn't really do it per seed. I dug small hole in each solo cup, put seed inside and covered with soil and then gave them a good drink of water that is 2 cups of boiling water with 2 tbsps of organic honey. Let it cool obviously.

Bsinger

Of this dozen try to keep as many males and females alive and do a big pollination so you have many seeds to check through and preserve.

This is EXACTLY what I'm going to do. I have clones off of the 2 males that I kept and they are growing in the filter of my aquarium as we speak.

Lone female is in her own tent and just transplanted her into a 10 gallon pot and going to let her sit and take clones off of her.

I have 4 more 4x4 tents coming this week and am going to to pop another 20 or 30. hahaha We shall see. My basement is starting to look like a camp.

On a funnier note, I had to message a friend asking him about wth was going on with my OG kush that is in the flowering tent as it all of sudden got all these white specs all over them in week 3. I thought it was some sort of bugs. I looked under my digital microscope and they weren't moving. Turns out they were trichomes. hahaha

I'm either going to kill off this maybe panama red and screw it all to hell or else I'm going to become a decent landrace lover and breeder of them all.

Attachments

• 81572635_659374308139978_8499329594011156480_n.jpg
    81572635_659374308139978_8499329594011156480_n.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 22

Bsinger

Kinda sort of related but more in the future.

Introducing the first lambsbread seedling out of 5 planted.

Like my life isn't complicated enough :)

Attachments

• 82361477_787907165058754_3671313219709829120_n.jpg
    82361477_787907165058754_3671313219709829120_n.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 21

squatty

Hello Bsinger, are you using any heat to start your seeds, or maybe just quite warm in your tent?

Latest posts

Latest posts