What's new

IN/OH/NY growers unite

havent seen one of these yet. i know you guys are just as impatient as me for winter to blow over. great lakes growers give it up!!!!!!!! just wanted to say f bomb the winter!!! now lets start doing are indian spring dance!!!! maybe we can get a early spring and a awesome summer!!!!!! last year was superb!! lets pray for the same this year....lets keep in touch this year!!! maybe we can form a north eastern human doppler radar <(weather radar for those who are to blowed lol).

PEACE, slow

kudos to all and to all a good night,

Last edited:
PA is all to welcome let me edit this i wanna try to get this thread to go thru the summer so we can all keep tabs on eachother sorta like a buddy system. ARE YOU DOING THE INDIAN DANCE YET, IF NOT YOUR IN DEEP POO.

G

Im at your southern border, but we had the worst grow season in the history of the entire world last year. Extreme, Exceptional drought. No rain from early April until July, then it flooded for 2 weeks and then didn't rain another drop until october 23. Most everyones plants died. I had 12 that I watered until the end just to have enough smoke to survive.

When you guys do your dance, look to the south and cross your fingers. Global warming is killing us here man.

slohemian

silverback said:
Im at your southern border, but we had the worst grow season in the history of the entire world last year. Extreme, Exceptional drought. No rain from early April until July, then it flooded for 2 weeks and then didn't rain another drop until october 23. Most everyones plants died. I had 12 that I watered until the end just to have enough smoke to survive.

When you guys do your dance, look to the south and cross your fingers. Global warming is killing us here man.

Global warming? u believe in that crap? Sure we are industrious, but where is the proof? The earth goes through phases, dont let corporate fool you once again. The us CLAIMS to lose billions each year due to global warming, thats why we must invest in their newly advanced energy saving etc etc etc. Global warming is simply a reason to re-invent and a way to make money, its a conglomeration of world leaders using propaganda to make money. Look for instance at the countries that dont give a shit. Live your life, things wont change, look beyond the hype. Gr8 lakes throw it up throw it uppppp.

Whats a good outdoor strain for the south of lake michigan area?

Last edited:
G

Yep slohemian, global warming has dramatically changed my enviroment in the past 10 years without question. The proof is right out my front door if you want to come and see it.

Like every farm family in the entire world, my whole existence since birth has depended exclusively on the weather of each and every single day. I don't need anyone, scientist or otherwise, to explain our weather to me. We've lost our spring rains. No april showers here anymore. In fact, for the past 6 years, weve had zero rain from late march until june. We cant grow the crops we once grew and even native trees in our area are beginning to die because of the weather extremes. Last year was the worst recorded drought and heat wave in recorded history here.

Every farmer in the world today will confirm global climate change. The only people who don't know it are people that have grown up in city's and who have lost all touch with their natural enviroment. There interaction with nature consist of walking from their home or office to the car, and then back.

You owe it to humanity and to your country to educate yourself on this matter slohemian. Stating that global warming is not occuring is the equivalent of stating that the earth is flat. Only an individual that is completely out of touch with the enviroment could reach your conclusions. If you become informed, you can base your conclusions on fact intstead of conjecture and anicdote..

Im sorry slowster for getting off topic. I have children and grandchildren and I fear for their future because of the Contrarians. We must all confront the denial that will destroy our world. SB

slohemian

Silverback, i live in an enormous cornfield. I am the definition of a country boy, i know my surroundings. It seems you have bought into the global warming schema as well. Things change silverback, weather changes... Just because youve been having dry weather the past few years doesnt mean the world is ending. I did a thesis on global warming my first year of college. If you actually do RESEARCH and not news watching you will see that scientists can only blow it out their ass. Ive watched Al Gore's movie, ive spent grueling hours with my nose between books/almanacs and internet pages. If you want to believe global warming is the real deal be my guest.. the earth is changing man nothing is static. The southeast is experiencing hardcore droughts, while other places are experiencing extreme flooding(my neck of the woods) and im indiana. Look at what saying global warming has done to economies, really i urge you to see how much money our government has already made from this conspiracy. Have you read about jet trails in the sky? Have you wondered why they stay there so long when its just exhaust? Its aluminum oxide particles which reflect the suns rays differently, and cause STORMS differently. It was even used on the Ho Chi Minh trail in vietnam they later found out, to flood it so supplies couldnt move through, to choke of the north. And no im not talking about the defoliant agent orange either. When our planes, that make these trails across the sky daily, affect our weather patterns so much as to start or stop a storm.... how can you blame it on our globe warming? If anything we will have an ice age, forget the melt down.

Here is a fun fact. The burning and decomposing of trees and other organic materials contribute more to the relase of c02 and even worse, methane, than all human industry combined. So uh, how could we possibly change something thats been releasing egregious amounts of c02 and methane long before humans were here? The earth has cycles, its natural.

EDIT: The industrial connection to global warming is more emotional than rational. This is being used to manipulate environmental policy. It is also a tactic to ween us off fossil fuels. Below is some forest fire data just for the US.

Daily Statistics 7/10/06
Number of new large fires 4 States currently reporting large fires:
Number of active large fires 19 Alaska (1)
Arizona (1)
Arkansas (1)
California (6)
Florida (1)
Nevada (5)
Texas (1)
Washington (1)
Wyoming (2)
Note: Includes WFU fires

Acres from active fires 160,358
Number of Wildland Fire Use (WFU) fires 3
Number of Wildland Fire Use (WFU) acres 5,310
Fires contained on 7/8/06 3
Year-to-date large fires contained 698
Year-to-date Statistics

2006 (1/1/06 - 7/10/06) Fires: 61,653 Acres: 4,007,311
2005 (1/1/05 - 7/10/05) Fires: 33,834 Acres: 3,034,619
2004 (1/1/04 - 7/10/04) Fires: 40,986 Acres: 3,080,965
2003 (1/1/03 - 7/10/03) Fires: 29,457 Acres: 996,924
2002 (1/1/02 - 7/10/02) Fires: 46,062 Acres: 3,162,249
2001 (1/1/01 - 7/10/01) Fires: 44,124 Acres: 1,244,092
2000 (1/1/00 - 7/10/00) Fires: 51,519 Acres: 2,232,874
10-Year Average
2001 - 2006 Fires: 43,961 Acres: 1,950,865

If you want to get extremely nitty gritty check this out:

When it come to global warming it is the amount of atmospheric CO2 that is important. Much of the CO2 that has been the atmosphere at different times in history is now part of shell fish and limestone deposits. Acid rain can cause this to be released from the soil into the atmosphere.

I did a rough calculation of how big one year of world oil production is. It is about 3767 million tons last year. One ton is 7.33 barrels and one barrel is 42 gallons. If we dumped this onto 1 millions acres of land it would be about 3.5 feet deep. If we spill it over the acreage burned by forest fires in the US this year, so far, it becomes about 1ft deep. The oil burn is nearly in proportion to all the trees and shrubs burned.

EDIT2: silverback im sure you can relate, when were irrigation systems invented, and why? The fields that surround me only use them when the weather is dry... hmm... back in the day.. a much less industrious day, someone invented these irrigation systems to irragate when dry. Dont blame global warming and lock up in your house, pull out your irrigation system, life goes on.

Last edited:
hey, i hear you guys on the global warming. i feel your pain. im in shcool to be a veterinarian so wildlife/nature is a passion here. hey SB no problem with the off topic this is a topic friendly thread! this is for all of us here in the northeast (or close) to chat and kick the shit. killin some time b4 the outdoor season and during the season too we can answer each others Qs since were in the same area and share are expierience during the season. also try and make some good friends.

bfoot- yea laws are lenient in the buckeye state. but jobs are crappy right now.btw WHAT UP PA! i hope the thread sticks too.

slo- do u think the gov pays the scientist? :bashhead:

hope to keep this going if your in the vicinity. drop us a line!

slohemian

The studies done at my shool even swayed the mind of the teacher that introduced this topic in class. Shes probably late 20's, vegetarian, thinks shes the artsiest independant woman in the world... etc etc they are a dime a dozen. It even swayed this chick's viewpoint. All im saying is do a little factual research.

hamstring

Veteran
I love these arguments about global warming. Just so my bias is out front I do believe in it. I love all this talk about us having the wool pulled over our eyes by our government when it comes to global warming

Quote”EDIT: The industrial connection to global warming is more emotional than rational. This is being used to manipulate environmental policy. It is also a tactic to wean us off fossil fuels. "

Sounds like you have done your research but so have others. Truthfully I cannot prove it one way or another but to argue about trying to put clean air acts in place or control the use of fossil fuels is down right silly.

Getting off of fossil fuels would be the best thing for any country. $4.00/GALLON GAS in the US and higher in Europe. The war in Iraq and many more Middle East conflicts. How many millions of dollars every year scratch that every minute do we supply in aid to foreign countries that have oil. Are we doing this out of the kindness of our heart? I don’t think so.

So I believe there is a lot of fear mongering on both sides of the argument. Is it wrong to steer people in the direction of less fossil fuels being burned. How about giving back to planet earth instead of taking and then justifying it with the “There is no proof” theory.

In my un-researched opinion it is right to be cautious about Global Warming. "An once of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

Instilling the fact that it is wrong to pollute in our children. Oh and yes I believe using energy wastefully is polluting.

Your thesis doesn’t include the tangibles that go along with such a bold
statement.

My hope is not to argue whether global warming is real or not but to point out the fact that taking care of our earth is important no matter what your belief.

Last edited:
your last statement is how we should all feel. :headbange

even if there is no global warming y be against paying for technology to help our planet? if there is no global warming pretent there is. are ecosystems are suffering.

Last edited:

DeezNuggz

Who's growing in the corn this year? I surely am. Hope to have 3-5 plots going this season. Last year was rough on a guy. Thank the MJ gods for vermiculite. I hope this year the rains return. When is everybody planning to plant? I hope to have a batch of clones ready to put out around the 2nd week in may. I have 4 strains

White Widow
Heavy Duty Fruity
White Skunk#1
DJ's real Blue berry

Any suggestions bout growing these strains outdoors?

deez- i will also b doing heavy duty outside. i think you should plant around the 21st though if ur in the area. the weather is mad unpredictable. i will b very interested in the HDF grow. dont know about corn its got me nervy. i am also planning three highly maintained plots. and numerous others of course:). dont worry about mold silverback has a GREAT article about mold on this outdoor section. it is titled; a discussion about mould. you really b pleased to read it if u havent already.

peace, slow :rasta: :joint:

GHSC4Life

Keystoner right here

I got some Arjan's Haze #3 (Fem) i'm looking to grow with some lowryder #2 eariler in the season both look like good plants, i'm expecting good things from Ahaze3 i'll keep you posted

DirtDevil

about the global warming, here in NY, winters are much more mild and they have been for the past 5 years. its an obvious change. (im not complaining)

G

Hey niegbors,
the snow is yukky but we only got 4" and I know lots of you guys got slammed. Its going to be warmer this week so things are looking up.

I hope I didn't come off to strong slohemian and others, on the global warming. Its just that logic leads to the conclusion that if we clean up our enviroment we will benefit greatly whether gw exist or not. If we don't clean it up, we may be doomed whether gw exist or not. Cleaning up our enviroment has no real cost and exxagerated benefits. Where is the controversy?

My biggest current worry was last years finishing dates. Strains that I have grown for years finished 2 weeks later than normal and when I read around, it seemed to happen all over the world. How can that be? God , with all the other hurdles we have to jump to harvest a crop, we don't need mother nature adding 2 weeks to our harvest date.

did any of you guys notice late flowering?

slohemian

Its no problem my good man. I will agree with you that regarless of global warming, cleaning up the environment can only do good for all walks of life.

I scouted out my outdoor spots recently and wow, i have more space than i thought... the back of my mind wants to try just one or two monster sativas, and then stay safe w/ multiple indicas. Im looking for a resilient strain with high potency. Indoor grow i think im set on the Sensi Star.

Latest posts

Latest posts