What's new

In da HOOSE

I

imnotkrazy

Its time to start a thread to record the hoosegrow, my version of a greenhouse. I'm in SoCal so it doesn't need to keep out too much cold weather, that is why I went with purchased polycarb panels for the top with screen for the sides. The uprights are reclaimed 4x6s with 2x6s for the rest of the structural support. 8 by 16 footprint that has about seven feet from the tops of the raised beds to the roof will give plenty of growing room. The skinny slats were placed to have something to staple the screen onto.

So far it has been doing pretty good for me. I've already pulled a few crops of radishes out of it, and the mint, lavender, pineapple sage, and marigolds give some pest resistance to the rest of the plants in there.

before the screen and top panels
picture.php

second week of may
picture.php

current - 10 females plus some undeclared in pots
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

prop 215 compliant patient providing for myself

doublejj

Veteran
Super cool!

Those baby's are loving it in there

And I see your dog in one of the pic's, big up's from me!

peace
doublejj
P.S. That look's a lot like my Aunt's old back yard in Norwalk!

I

imnotkrazy

in and around the hoose

in and around the hoose

Hi greenhaus and doublejj, thanks for the kind words :tiphat:

Roxy says whassup to Molly(sp?)
picture.php

Here are some current pics of what things look like today in my version of a zen garden.

Doofus checking out the girls.
picture.php

Had a bit of a hitch on one of the Mendocino Love x Rainbow plants the other day - a couple branches broke under their own weight, so I had to build a trellis of sorts. Things could be worse - like puny branches or something :comfort: These plants grew from seeds made by JackTheGrower in 1999 or 2000.
picture.php

The fixit frame job.
picture.php

The top - tag on the slat is 5 feet above the dirt.
picture.php

Here is why I call it the Hoosegrow - looks like bars in the screen. Potatoes in the foreground.
picture.php

The hedgerow - first pic is today, second was taken 13 days ago.
picture.php

picture.php

These got a frame too, before anyone lost a limb.
picture.php

A femmed cross of Blue Dream that has gone into flower at 15 hours of daylength. Maybe she is an autoflower quirk? If she revegges, I think there will be a monster on that side of the hoose.
picture.php

a closer shot
picture.php

Bad season for outdoor in SoCal :laughing: I don't think so!

Wishing everyone their best season ever, just because that is how it should be. :ying:

doublejj

Veteran
Beautiful!

Beautiful!

Beautiful job bro, your gonna run out of greenhouse. Can you raise the top? Don't think I'm joking, your gonna need to!

peace
doublejj
P.S. Roxy looks like a peach, pet her for me please! Thank you!

I

imnotkrazy

Howdy RudeDog, Ramius, haxi, and TripleDraw. Its good to see ya here.

No worries on the double post, it just added another post in here, hehe.
The marigolds will hopefully help out with whitefly repelling.

That sort of crossed my mind doublejj, since there's only 2 vertical feet left before the top. Where there is a will and a reason, the mother of invention will step in...
Not sure how its gonna happen yet, but a couple feet more can be added fairly easy by taking the screws out of the poly panels and just framing it taller. Only have about 250 more feet of screen to work with :) Your stack of blocks would have been so much easier to do it with compared to working on the top-end.

Last edited:

greenhaus

your backyard is amazing.
i wish i had my own house so i dont have to worry about landlords and neighbors ratting.

the plants look beautiful and lush and thriving.
wish you the best.

PS: you made your greenhouse exactly like mine but larger.
nice!

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I don't care who you are that's a nice garden setup. Good job. I believe I'll watch this grow if you don't mind.

I

imnotkrazy

Welcome Hank Hemp,
I'm just a simple socal med patient that doesn't like to pay dispensary prices. Glad to have ya in the garden.

Thanks greenhaus :) I'm giving them what I can on the cheap. Its kind of like a puzzle using stuff sitting around the yard as much as possible.

I

imnotkrazy

Is that greenhouse to packed with the Herb? Never grew in one so just asking.

We shall see. This is my first try in a greenhouse. I have already chopped 2 out to make room because they were too close together. It feels kind of wierd to kill a perfectly healthy 4 foot tall bushy female, so I hope I don't have to take out any more.

I will always be a noob somehow.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Well you did what you had to do. I've had to get rid of girls when the closet got full like your greenhouse. Nice looking though.

I

imnotkrazy

Lofty Goals

Lofty Goals

The loft has been set on top of the hoose. Still some adjustment needed to square it up, but there is now 11 feet of vert in the center part where the taller plants are growing. 6 1/2 feet have been used already, but I think this should take me through the season. I can't go any higher, so they will end up getting hurd-crushed and bent if they get too close to the top again.

picture.php

Here is the tallest in the hoose from 3 days ago, she's about 6 inches from the old top now.

picture.php

I'm thinking the costco carport would have been a much easier way to go, but I decided to re-use old stuff when I started this project. 9 additional 2x4s were purchased, so it is still a low dollar shelter for the gals.

The hedge is taking off too, the tallest is about 7 feet now.

picture.php

:gday: Enjoy the season!

doublejj

Veteran
OH Yeah!

OH Yeah!

Oh yes! That should do it! Nice work!:artist:

You are all set for those MONSTERS!

peace
doublejj