What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In a 5X5 Tent, How Many Of The Oscillating AC Infinity 6" Fans Would You Use? Where Would You Position Them?

MajorGrindage

Im currently setting up two 5x5 tents, and am having trouble figuring out how many oscillating fans to use.

Ive seen people say anything from 1 above the canopy, all the way up to 7 all around the tent.

I will be using these: AC INFINITY CLOUDRAY S6

Im very curious to see what you guys have to say, and also where you would position them in the tent?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
It all depends on your personal preference. With two, one above the canopy and one below on opposing walls, you can create a vortex above and below the canopy, that will indirectly provide all the stimulation and airflow required for the plants. This helps with humidity in lower canopy.

MajorGrindage

It all depends on your personal preference. With two, one above the canopy and one below on opposing walls, you can create a vortex above and below the canopy, that will indirectly provide all the stimulation and airflow required for the plants. This helps with humidity in lower canopy.
So in your opinion/personal preference, in aa 5x5 tent you would put one 6 inch oscillating fan at an angle about a foot above the canopy, and one 6 inch oscillating fan below it aimed at the top of the soil.

Does this sound correct?

Thank you so much for the help by the way!

CharlesU Farley

I don't use the oscillating fans, glad I avoided that mess from their original release. Heard those oscillating fans are better now, but the way I look at it, the less moving parts, the more longevity the fan is going to have.

Here's my setup in a 5x5, I use 4 6 inch fans on all the corner poles, set to 10, 24 /7. The USB fart fans are to keep the SMB lights cool:

1000010826.jpg

MajorGrindage

I don't use the oscillating fans, glad I avoided that mess from their original release. Heard those oscillating fans are better now, but the way I look at it, the less moving parts, the more longevity the fan is going to have.

Here's my setup in a 5x5, I use 4 6 inch fans on all the corner poles, set to 10, 24 /7. The USB fart fans are to keep the SMB lights cool:

View attachment 18978628
Thats a beautiful grow, i have a few questions if you dont mind me asking:

1. So rather than an oscillating fan youd recommend a fan like this?:https://acinfinity.com/hydroponics-...-fan-6-with-10-speeds-ec-motor-manual-swivel/

2. Regardless of longevity would you still go with manual fans, or the original oscillating fans i posted in the original post? I dont mind having to replace the fans more frequently due to less longevity, if it means healthier plants.

3. What size pots do you use, and what brand are they?

4. How Many Pots Do You Have Total in the 5x5?

5.What grow medium? Soil,Coco,etc?

6.Are any of the fans blowing directly at the plants, or do you have them blowing above/near them in order to create indirect movement of the leaves? Its slightly hard for me to tell the exact angle you have them aimed at in this picture.

Thanks again for all of the help, it is appreciated!!

CharlesU Farley

Thats a beautiful grow, i have a few questions if you dont mind me asking:

1. So rather than an oscillating fan youd recommend a fan like this?:https://acinfinity.com/hydroponics-...-fan-6-with-10-speeds-ec-motor-manual-swivel/

Yes
2. Regardless of longevity would you still go with manual fans, or the original oscillating fans i posted in the original post? I dont mind having to replace the fans more frequently due to less longevity, if it means healthier plants.
Yes. These have been going for more than a year, running full-time on high speed, and are still going strong.

3. What size pots do you use, and what brand are they?

Why do experienced growers use plastic containers?

4. How Many Pots Do You Have Total in the 5x5?

A lot. :)

Not sure how many are in there now, it's going to vary depending on the grow and what I'm trying to accomplish, but I believe competition is _good_ for cannabis, so to answer your question as many as I possibly can.

5.What grow medium? Soil,Coco,etc?

I'll preface this by saying I always advise people not to try to do what I do or to imitate what I do, because my experience and environment is totally different than most people's. If you explore the link I provided above, you'll see a pretty good description of the type of soil I use. Basically, it's the cheapest possible potting soil, used to be Miracle-Gro, mixed in with some composted cow crap called black kow once a year, handful of dolimetic lime, small handful of Epsom salts, mix it all around with a bunch of water, and I'm good to go.

6.Are any of the fans blowing directly at the plants, or do you have them blowing above/near them in order to create indirect movement of the leaves? Its slightly hard for me to tell the exact angle you have them aimed at in this picture.

The fans are constantly blowing directly on my plants. In my basement environment, frequently the temp is 50° and the RH is 80%, so it imperative that I keep air moving. I also use a 8-in Terra Bloom exhaust fan for both my 5x5 and the 8x4.

Thanks again for all of the help, it is appreciated!!

You're welcome! Best of luck with your grow.(y)

Jcue81

I’d suggest getting a hurricane oscillating instead. I tried the AC Infinity S6 and it was very underpowered and cheap feeling. The Hurricane was about the same money for a big 16” fan. It moves a ton of air and is a much better value for the money IMO.

Latest posts

Latest posts