What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Imported (Moroccan, Afghani, Nepalase) Hash photo's and discussion....

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was due to go Rif and had sorted renting a plot till harvest.
Dam Covid an the travel situation
Proper ff 'd that up.
MYbe next year will be the year of golden sift.

The guy I rented the apartment from still had shoe type quality
From traditional strains.
Hopefully I will link up with him soon
To see what's what.

10, to 15k seed runs.
Was the plan.
Nice bro , i hope to do some projects with Moroccan farmers next season.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I know that this is OT, but I thought that you all might appreciate the irony . . .

anything2.jpg

Yes, an enterprising legal producer decided to take advantage of the notoriety of soap bar. I have not and probably will not sample it. But you never know . . . :rasta:

And . . . as a very peculiar aside, you cannot load an embed image named soapbar into the forum. It throws an error and adds a failed thumbnail. Xen does not like soap bar.

/end OT

NotYourSaviour

Back from Dutch territory after some days at the sea during indeed summer. Of course some koffieshops were visited as well.

First pictures[Disclaimer: may contain some bits of grass off budtender's gloves again] show two filtered high grade ones with foreign genetics supposedly from Morocco as it was listed as such on the menu[funnily as so often the one on the left the young budtender claimed to be from Nederland itsself while some other young budtender at an other coffeeshop naively lied about the right one being from 'Cali' – so riddiculous as one could clearly see by his body language he had no clue and just made something up. Yes indeed I just love this filthy scene!:biglaugh:].

Blondish one is typically 'filtered', oilish exterior included, one can find now since a while almost all across this country for relatively reasonable prices at the shops.
Nothing wrong with this batch but doesn't raise an eyelid as while nice enough quality personally already bored of that type now. On the menu it was claimed to be tripple filtered but as said still no standout. Though the best this trip from that category and again a no brainer at home without much choice.

Darkish one was a pain to work with as so sticky and while it produced some nice enough effect it pretty much was very one dimensional tastewise, only a bland taste of some foreign genetics. Really average and commercial. Wouldn't buy this at home probably.

1 Two High Grades With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, August, 2022.JPG

2 Two High Grades With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, August, 2022.JPG

3 Two High Grades With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, August, 2022.JPG

4 Two High Grades With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, August, 2022.JPG

Last and definitely not least one shows some blondish Moroc coming with classic lineage. After visiting about twenty shops finally we stumbled upon this little gem.
Too many shops in this very touristic area still sell their best quality traditional Moroc for too high prices[even though not as high as at the start of the damn Covid-19 pandemic ; apart from that outside of Amsterdam this happens a lot generally speaking in regards to prices]and they all name that merely nice enough commercial high grade bordering on mids under the nowadays inflatted term 'beldia'.
One term one never read on menus or heard about much before 2019 but now it is all around but still not the real deal but only a watered down version.
Again, you guys may keep it! Old hat already but it sems them coffeeshops still exploit it to the max. Again: What's in a name? People still seem to be desperated buying that as otherwise it would have disappeared from the menu quickly - if you want to be a believer and all that, innit?

Rock hard high grade gear and only slowly gets softer in one's palm. Handy as said sun was blazing down on us strongly.
Needless to say it wasn't old and dry but original genetics compared to that hyped commercial and overpriced grade mentioned above.
Woody yet floral tastewise, easy on the mind and producing proper relaxation. Still different but similar to the real deal I picked up last time which again is unrivaled so it deserves at least a special prize even though it doesn't look much.
In the end it saved this holiday hashwise, cheers:biggrin:.

5 Traditional Moroccan High Grade From Coffeeshops, August, 2022 .JPG

6 Traditional Moroccan High Grade From Coffeeshops, August, 2022.JPG

7 Traditional Moroccan High Grade From Coffeeshops, August, 2022.JPG

Nothing new otherwise!

@sandsmp81

Cheers for clearing this up. I agree: there is no need for a comeback of this crappy soapbar. Fortunately haven't seen this thing since ages. Across my mostly reckless sources I know one person pressing an own soapbar consisting of dried-out mid grade bars of Moroccan descent.
Disgusting but some customers still want it for old times sake. Accompanied by ten to twenty pints a day as mentioned before[which eventually make this crap work indeed] and not to forget that rubbish is still big in prisons I hear. Each to their own again definitely but keept that away from me!
Cheers again for uploading.
While I think this was good intention on your side am still not sure what you mean as I'm generally a bit dull and yours is interpretable. In other words: I tend to need straight talk.

Slim541

Back from Dutch territory after some days at the sea during indeed summer. Of course some koffieshops were visited as well.

First pictures[Disclaimer: may contain some bits of grass off budtender's gloves again] show two filtered high grade ones with foreign genetics supposedly from Morocco as it was listed as such on the menu[funnily as so often the one on the left the young budtender claimed to be from Nederland itsself while some other young budtender at an other coffeeshop naively lied about the right one being from 'Cali' – so riddiculous as one could clearly see by his body language he had no clue and just made something up. Yes indeed I just love this filthy scene!:biglaugh:].

Blondish one is typically 'filtered', oilish exterior included, one can find now since a while almost all across this country for relatively reasonable prices at the shops.
Nothing wrong with this batch but doesn't raise an eyelid as while nice enough quality personally already bored of that type now. On the menu it was claimed to be tripple filtered but as said still no standout. Though the best this trip from that category and again a no brainer at home without much choice.

Darkish one was a pain to work with as so sticky and while it produced some nice enough effect it pretty much was very one dimensional tastewise, only a bland taste of some foreign genetics. Really average and commercial. Wouldn't buy this at home probably.

View attachment 18748635
View attachment 18748636
View attachment 18748637
View attachment 18748638
Last and definitely not least one shows some blondish Moroc coming with classic lineage. After visiting about twenty shops finally we stumbled upon this little gem.
Too many shops in this very touristic area still sell their best quality traditional Moroc for too high prices[even though not as high as at the start of the damn Covid-19 pandemic ; apart from that outside of Amsterdam this happens a lot generally speaking in regards to prices]and they all name that merely nice enough commercial high grade bordering on mids under the nowadays inflatted term 'beldia'.
One term one never read on menus or heard about much before 2019 but now it is all around but still not the real deal but only a watered down version.
Again, you guys may keep it! Old hat already but it sems them coffeeshops still exploit it to the max. Again: What's in a name? People still seem to be desperated buying that as otherwise it would have disappeared from the menu quickly - if you want to be a believer and all that, innit?

Rock hard high grade gear and only slowly gets softer in one's palm. Handy as said sun was blazing down on us strongly.
Needless to say it wasn't old and dry but original genetics compared to that hyped commercial and overpriced grade mentioned above.
Woody yet floral tastewise, easy on the mind and producing proper relaxation. Still different but similar to the real deal I picked up last time which again is unrivaled so it deserves at least a special prize even though it doesn't look much.
In the end it saved this holiday hashwise, cheers:biggrin:.

View attachment 18748639
View attachment 18748640
View attachment 18748641
Nothing new otherwise!

@sandsmp81

Cheers for clearing this up. I agree: there is no need for a comeback of this crappy soapbar. Fortunately haven't seen this thing since ages. Across my mostly reckless sources I know one person pressing an own soapbar consisting of dried-out mid grade bars of Moroccan descent.
Disgusting but some customers still want it for old times sake. Accompanied by ten to twenty pints a day as mentioned before[which eventually make this crap work indeed] and not to forget that rubbish is still big in prisons I hear. Each to their own again definitely but keept that away from me!
Cheers again for uploading.

While I think this was good intention on your side am still not sure what you mean as I'm generally a bit dull and yours is interpretable. In other words: I tend to need straight talk.

I like the lighter, double Zero, epic and very fitting!
Who knows the story of double zero, I give you a hint, he was a hippy.

Slim541

I know that this is OT, but I thought that you all might appreciate the irony . . .

View attachment 18747576

Yes, an enterprising legal producer decided to take advantage of the notoriety of soap bar. I have not and probably will not sample it. But you never know . . . :rasta:

And . . . as a very peculiar aside, you cannot load an embed image named soapbar into the forum. It throws an error and adds a failed thumbnail. Xen does not like soap bar.

/end OT
I mean 26% THC, I got flower testing more than this. It's gotta be wrong, Hash tests minimum at 50%

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, poor americans that you can buy weed and grow legally. :redface:
I think Europeans mastered the art of hash, so props for that.

As for America goes it's not at all what's it cracked up to be. States have plant counts, dispensary weed is mostly bunk and if you wanna work in this industry and have your own business you better be rich or have a few million in the bank.

NotYourSaviour

Back from – you probably know where – and below is the best traditional Moroc we encountered at a coffeeshop. Snapshotted this few minutes after budtender(with again traces of grass on his fingers)beautifully cut this little piece off a charming looking slab. I have a soft spot for a good cut and tried my best capturing that.

What a lovely find this was indeed as I can already say that this is the second best this year when traditional Rif resin is concerned.
Golden blondish and at first solid piece coming with that taste as not only woody yet spicy nor reminding myself of cucumbers[great comparison, huh?:biggrin:] but also I can understand people describing the smell and flavour as what they are used to from any types of melons.
Especially latter one is particularly pronounced smellwise and almost as good as transfered to the taste ; so sweet!
Nice enough body load and medium strong on the then focussed mind when talking about feelings. Also not too expensive when thinking of the still ongoing exploitation of traditional hashish from Morocco pricewise at most coffeeshops as pointed out in my previous post[and the ones before ad infinitum].

So again close second to the boss[top 3 of all time]as only lacking marginally in strength but unfortunately definitely more on the flavour! Splitting hairs again for the sake of fairness as usual!

1 Traditional Moroccan High Grade From Coffeeshops, September, 2022.JPG

2 Traditional Moroccan High Grade From Coffeeshops, September, 2022.JPG.JPG

3 Traditional Moroccan High Grade From Coffeeshops, September, 2022.JPG.JPG

Also we got at least – memory escapes me a bit - an other traditional Moroccan specimen which was the second best this trip from a coffeeshop from that province.
This rock hard type again getting soft in one's palm but one could say it was a bit of a watered down version to the above though better than e.g. the traditional one in my previous post. Also high grade but couldn't mess with the one above.
There were too some filtered high grades tested but they were only the usual standard of these days – again, with a choice not so interesting.

@tobedetermined

Forgot to mention in my previous post I discovered your find some time back myself here. Funny indeed but also sad as they keep on doing this(of course totally shocked about this myself and would have never expected that!). Cheers.

@hiphop_odc

Again, congratulation scoring that one! Enjoy! The ususal stupid sticker is still sorta funny.

@slim541

Out of fun and ambivalent tradition I try to use a lighter for pictures here from an often random coffeeshop we visited in the past.

So in this case Zero Zero ist also one – just for your information. Don't get me started on too often stupid coffeeshop names.

Whatever, as far as I am 'informed' Zero Zero refers to one size of mesh they use in Morocco for sifting high(er)grade(s). Not too sure about that as said.
Don't know the story of that hippy – maybe that one brought a certain technique to those mountains – but personally not at all interested in such myths but history as I consider myself respectively people consider myself a relatively rational person but know a lot of people are into such stuff – each to their own again, innit?

That Zero Zero term is also one of the buzz words of the past on at least coffeeshop menus describing qualities available.
Today they though use it too often for low and mid-grades. The old hat again: misleading sales psychology so one should only trust one's eyes and nose when picking up. While I'm on it other buzz words still used to this date all over the country(latest:' Beldia'): 'Ketama', 'Tbisla', 'Primero/Primera', 'Caramel(lo)', 'Tid(i)ghine', 'Kind Hassan' and BlahBlahBlah as they too often are mislabelled. Others just invent names refering to suppliers, fake strains, areas or what ever. This seemingly will never end. Discussed too often before in this thread and so boring so just my 0,02¢.

sandsmp81

Veteran
A friend said he had some nice Maroc, me being the miserable old cynic that I am thought "f**ks sake not more of that soft blond crap".

Turns out these bars were rock solid and when I had a quick burn of one I instantly knew that classic smell and taste that I can never describe properly, a possible Maroc strain of some sort.

Rolex sticker but it's 100% not those modern genetics and low grade commercial, a nice mid grade that tastes like the Maroc ice o lator I used to get 10 years back or so.

Same price as the commercial blondes but far superior in every aspect, came in 100g bars that look like they're 50g.

Also found out more info about what these new names mean....

Semi dry = 70u
Dry = 90u
Dry filtered = 120u (I always thought 120u wasn't as good for hash making but the 120s cost more than the 90s, I think they're also filtered once at 45u.)

IMG_20220920_210451.jpg

IMG_20220920_210555.jpg

IMG_20220920_210630.jpg

Last edited:

sandsmp81

Veteran
I think Europeans mastered the art of hash, so props for that.

As for America goes it's not at all what's it cracked up to be. States have plant counts, dispensary weed is mostly bunk and if you wanna work in this industry and have your own business you better be rich or have a few million in the bank.

The Middle East, North Africa and Asia are the ones who have mastered hash (with a little help from the hippy trail) we (Europeans) are only the consumers who have created this big market for hash here.

A lot easier to smuggle size wise and less smell than herbs, it was the only thing available (apart from a few low quality brick weeds from Africa and South America, that were similar to your mexi brick weed or probably worse) until the Dutch made seeds more available then people started to grow their own at the end of the 80s, then the hash turned to low grade crap like soapbar, it became a lot harder to find the good stuff.

There's still quality hash out there now, but that's mostly dominated by the Maroc/Spanish hash groups selling a premium product for a lot more than what we used to pay for it.

goingrey

I mean 26% THC, I got flower testing more than this. It's gotta be wrong, Hash tests minimum at 50%
Traditional hash isn't so strong. THC content is similar to or even lower than modern flower, yes.

While the traditional savonnettes showed an average THC content of 8 percent and were of poor quality, the Moroccan hashish seized in France averaged 16 percent THC content in 2012, according to tests ran by the French Scientific Police.
edit: url removed

"Traditional savonnette" I suppose is the fancy French term for soap bar. It was (is?) the lowest quality hash on the market. So if anything the Canadian 26% THC "soap bar" is way too strong. :D

Top quality traditional hash is in the 30% THC range. But it's worth noting that total cannabinoid content is higher as it will also have CBD, CBN, etc..

Regarding the name zero zero surely it goes back to flour, like 00 flour for pizza dough... Not quite sure what it means, 100 micron sieve? Well probably not because there's also 000 flour and I don't think the grain size is an order of magnitude smaller.

1663736503741.png

Last edited:

NotYourSaviour

Back again from Dutch soil. Left a report of visiting their hoofdstad here. Had to put up another picture beside other subpar ones of current situation of Dam ; town seemed to be more crowdy again but locals said it's still not back to pre-pandemic-times, personally it's funny despite me being there countless times I can't imagine it being even more crowdy thus again it only shows how fast one can get used to situations and stuff.

First three pictures show second best this trip with foreign genetics supposedly grown in Morocco on the left hand and in particular. Blondish one is supposed to be fresh frozen sifted. Smells like a dream - really, really smooth smell.
Taste is also mellow and very clear but a bit too random compared to others. Effects head- as well as bodywise however were very strong.
Outstanding material though but absurdly priced though I have a feeling this is the sorta new standard of the day after tomorrow when it comes to high grades
as in retrospect over the decades it always was like that as harvesting technique improved a lot[what an insight, huh?]. I dig this type of quality definitely.
Thus now I can remember the first batches of those filtered ones came up about 7-8 years ago and were similarly expensive. In this case here I'd say this coffeeshop just bought a sorta exclusive batch. Still nice to experience this live sorta[this isn't completely
new as there were batches a few years back too from Morocco having been fresh frozen dry sifted supposedly but while I had some I didn't come across such a quality then!] as it will surely improve more in quality and at some time reach a peak before others will jump on it too more quantity included. Latter one then will be again all over the place as one could see this now happening to the filtered ones. Time will tell.

Other two pictures show resin with foreign genetics supposedly harvested in Morocco sifted with a 120 micron mesh. Also crumbly gear again with a very smooth and clear taste as well. Sadly a bit lacking in effects[read too uppish, clear]but it was nice enough so only splitting hairs again so still top 3 of this trip. Great smell, too. Welcome at home anytime - needless to say!
Both types supposedly produced by the same gang.
3 Two High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, September, 2022.JPG

4 Blondish High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, Septembe...JPG

5 Blondish High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, Septembe...JPG

6 High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, September, 2022.JPG

7 High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, September, 2022.JPG

Next two pictures[I know they almost all look the same, sorry about quality of pictures again]show hashish with foreign genetics supposedly grown in Morocco again. This one is also very, very tasty - to some degree mouth numbing if that makes sense:biglaugh:. Quite kushy to me and in this case to my liking. Very, very strong as well. Due to taste and less in price it is the best of this inspection then. Outstanding again:dance013:

1 High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, September, 2022.JPG

2 High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, September, 2022.JPG

Dam Square, September, 2022.JPG

Attachments

• 7 High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, September, 2022.JPG
    7 High Grade With Foreign Genetics Supposedly From Morocco From Coffeeshops, September, 2022.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Slim541

Traditional hash isn't so strong. THC content is similar to or even lower than modern flower, yes.

While the traditional savonnettes showed an average THC content of 8 percent and were of poor quality, the Moroccan hashish seized in France averaged 16 percent THC content in 2012, according to tests ran by the French Scientific Police.

"Traditional savonnette" I suppose is the fancy French term for soap bar. It was (is?) the lowest quality hash on the market. So if anything the Canadian 26% THC "soap bar" is way too strong. :D

Top quality traditional hash is in the 30% THC range. But it's worth noting that total cannabinoid content is higher as it will also have CBD, CBN, etc..

Regarding the name zero zero surely it goes back to flour, like 00 flour for pizza dough... Not quite sure what it means, 100 micron sieve? Well probably not because there's also 000 flour and I don't think the grain size is an order of magnitude smaller.

View attachment 18759264

I beg to disagree my friend. I cultivate and process commercially for many years legally in the US west coast, I get to deal with ISO/IEC accredited testing laboratories on a regular basis. I can firmly attest that anything below 50% is actually considered basic. Most traditional pressed and decarboxylated Hashish of quality will yield a +60% THC content. CBD, CBN will yield differently due to cultivar and long term curing in good conditions.

Going back to 00, it does not come from flour tipo 00, nice guess though!
Another story goes that a hippy came to Morocco in the early 60's, he was American and had learnt how to make hashish in Afghanistan. When he arrived in Morocco, he found the quality of hash was mediocre, and he kept telling everyone that this was worth zero, he kept saying it twice every time due to language barriers, I guess to be understood like "don't bring me that shit, where is the good stuff?". Before the 60's, Moroccans only smoked kief, which was neither pressed nor decarboxylated. They mixed it with tobacco and smoked it in pipes called "sebsi". The hippy ended up showing farmers how to process, sieve twice, heat up and press their kief to give what we know today as Moroccan Hash (note that this hash is special because of the strain they used, it was a bred species of the local Bladi cultivar crossed with Afghan/Pakistani plants brought up by the hippies.). He became well respected and lived well among the Ketama people. During the mid 70's, with the surge of cannabis business and criminals, double zero became disappointed with the bullshit and left. He was never seen again.

To finish, 000 flour lives in your mind :))))

Last edited:

goingrey

I beg to disagree my friend. I cultivate and process commercially for many years legally in the US west coast, I was born in France and I'm from Moroccan parents. Also, I get to deal with ISO/IEC accredited testing laboratories on a regular basis. I can firmly attest that anything below 50% is actually considered basic. Most traditional pressed and decarboxylated Hashish of quality will yield a +60% THC content. CBD, CBN will yield differently due to cultivar and long term curing in good conditions.
For modern hash that might be true but for traditional no way. Here's a chart from RCC's Hashish! showing with stats for hashish oil samples seized from 1977 to 1981. Average was 31%. Note that these are for oil (solvent extract from hash).

1664946771054.png

For unextracted hash the cannabinoid content was much much lower:

1664947807575.png

If some stronger stuff existed, cool. But it would have been very very rare.

By the way, what's up with the link you attached, it's a major malware carrier, not nice buddy!
Norton Safe Web says it's ok? But I have removed the link just in case.

Going back to 00, it does not come from flour typo 00, nice guess though lol!
It comes from a hippy who came to Morocco in the early 60's, he was American and had learnt how to make hashish in Afghanistan. When he arrived in Morocco, he found the quality of hash was mediocre, and he kept telling everyone that this was worth zero, he kept saying it twice every time due to language barriers, I guess to be understood like "don't bring me that shit, where is the good stuff?". Bbefore the 60's, Moroccans only smoked kief, which was neither pressed nor decarboxylated. They mixed it with tobacco and smoked it in pipes called "sebsi". The hippy ended up showing farmers how to process, heat up and press their kief to give what we know today as Moroccan Hash (note that this hash is special because of the strain they used, it was a bred species of the local Bladi cultivar crossed with Afghan/Pakistani plants brought up by the hippies.). He became well respected and lived well among the Ketama people. During the mid 70's, with the surge of cannabis business and criminals, double zero became disappointed with the bullshit and left. He was never seen again.
Interesting story. Could be true, could be folklore. Af/Pak genetics being introduced at the start of Moroccan hash making seems very early.

We've got some old timers on the forum, anyone hear of this zero zero as a person back then?

To finish, 000 flour lives in your mind :))))
Not sure if you mean that the flour doesn't exist or that I'm a retard?

The latter may be true - I blame a teenage spent smoking Moroccan hash. :smoke:

But the flour is certainly a real thing.

1664948305090.png

Slim541

the data snippets from an ancient time do not represent the truth. For all we know, seized Hash in the 70's was cut with 50% henna powder as it was usually done by smugglers to increase their profits.

goingrey

the data snippets from an ancient time do not represent the truth. For all we know, seized Hash in the 70's was cut with 50% henna powder as it was usually done by smugglers to increase their profits.
Henna, milk powder, pine resin, candle wax... all kinds of binders. Should be in large part removed when making into oil.

How about you show us some of that >60% THC hash made with traditional methods from heirloom cultivars (Beldia, Af-Pak..) along with test results from the ISO/IEC accredited lab. Everybody wants you to be right.

Latest posts

Latest posts