What's new

Impact and effectiveness of mRNA BNT162b2 vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 infections

Hempy McNoodle

Silly rabbit. Why would I want to play a game where I can’t smoke?! lol

I’m actually playing that game right now and I can attest that it is NOT fun.

Per Merriam Webster:

adjective
un·​vac·​ci·​nat·​ed
| \ ˌən-ˈvak-sə-ˌnā-təd \Definition
  • : not having received a vaccine : not vaccinated//children unvaccinated for measles
I do agree with you that “non-vaccinated” is more definitive than “unvaccinated”.

Also, As for the original vaccine trials that were occurring this time last year, they did have control groups that were receiving “placebo” vaccinations. I know this to be a fact, because I have a family member who was participating in one of the trials. After it was over, she received the real vaccine.

The Webster's definition is not the same as the CDCs.
In fact, the CDC seems to specifically avoid defining the term "unvaccinated," but implicitely defines it with their definition of "fully vaccinated."

Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html

"Therefore, for the purposes of interpretation of vaccination records, individuals can be considered fully vaccinated ≥2 weeks after receipt of the last dose if they have received any single dose of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO EUL approved single-dose series (i.e., Janssen), or any combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO emergency use listed COVID-19 two-dose series. The recommended interval between the first and second doses of FDA-approved/authorized and WHO-EUL listed vaccines varies by vaccine type. However, for purposes of interpretation of vaccine records, the second dose in a two dose heterologous series must have been received no earlier than 17 days (21 days with a 4 day grace period) after the first dose."

Why lump the non-vaccinated and the 'not fully vaccinated' in the same category when it comes to data??

Could it be because the highest period of vaccine injury risk is in the first two weeks after either jab or a booster?

Is that a good way to HIDE VACCINE INJURY and INFECTIONS DUE TO the vaccine (delta variant?)?

Amynamous

The Webster's definition is not the same as the CDCs.
In fact, the CDC seems to specifically avoid defining the term "unvaccinated," but implicitely defines it with their definition of "fully vaccinated."

Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html

"Therefore, for the purposes of interpretation of vaccination records, individuals can be considered fully vaccinated ≥2 weeks after receipt of the last dose if they have received any single dose of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO EUL approved single-dose series (i.e., Janssen), or any combination of two doses of an FDA approved/authorized or WHO emergency use listed COVID-19 two-dose series. The recommended interval between the first and second doses of FDA-approved/authorized and WHO-EUL listed vaccines varies by vaccine type. However, for purposes of interpretation of vaccine records, the second dose in a two dose heterologous series must have been received no earlier than 17 days (21 days with a 4 day grace period) after the first dose."

Why lump the non-vaccinated and the 'not fully vaccinated' in the same category when it comes to data??

Could it be because the highest period of vaccine injury risk is in the first two weeks after either jab or a booster?

Is that a good way to HIDE VACCINE INJURY and INFECTIONS DUE TO the vaccine (delta variant?)?

No
When they say “fully vaccinated”, they mean you received the number of injections required, and enough time has passed for the “normal” person’s system of immunity to establish its biological response.

For example, when someone receives the flu vaccine, they won’t be fully vaccinated right away, as the body needs time to establish a response. Or when I received the Hepatitis B series of three injections, I wasn’t fully vaccinated until a week or two after my third injection. The total time for those three injections was about 6-8 months, if i remember correctly. Every vaccine is different.

BudToaster

Veteran
... for the “normal” person’s system of immunity to establish its biological response. ...

okay, just for discussion sake, what is "normal" - is that some average or median of the 80% of persons who makeup the overweight and obese population that is, by definition, unhealthy, or is it the biological ideal responsive immunity, as originally setup by "the intelligent designer" + the big hit of evolution, that manifested this current day system of immunity.

as an alternative example, looking at several of the LDL calculators drop the value as the comparison database has been expanded to include a much larger population, thus accidently including more actual healthy people. i.e. the meaning of "normal" LDL changes drastically - 10% or 20% - it's been a while since i looked at the lipid hypothesis in detail.

another example ... the immune response rate is quoted at up to 14 days, but in a healthy immune system it is just one or two days. so that much higher value is factoring in the unhealthy population. and rightly so, based on what we are seeing. but that fact is evidently too nuanced for today's audience. not good since it greatly affects the personal risk calculation. from my perspective, people are being misinformed, big time.

just some random thoughts from today's turkey high. carry on ...

Amynamous

okay, just for discussion sake, what is "normal" - is that some average or median of the 80% of persons who makeup the overweight and obese population that is, by definition, unhealthy, or is it the biological ideal responsive immunity, as originally setup by "the intelligent designer" + the big hit of evolution, that manifested this current day system of immunity.

as an alternative example, looking at several of the LDL calculators drop the value as the comparison database has been expanded to include a much larger population, thus accidently including more actual healthy people. i.e. the meaning of "normal" LDL changes drastically - 10% or 20% - it's been a while since i looked at the lipid hypothesis in detail.

another example ... the immune response rate is quoted at up to 14 days, but in a healthy immune system it is just one or two days. so that much higher value is factoring in the unhealthy population. and rightly so, based on what we are seeing. but that fact is evidently too nuanced for today's audience. not good since it greatly affects the personal risk calculation. from my perspective, people are being misinformed, big time.

just some random thoughts from today's turkey high. carry on ...

What is normal?
I don’t know, but i would imagine that it’s determined after tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands of people have had their blood drawn after being vaccinated during the clinical trials. To be fair(to me), i am not a vaccine expert nor a data analyst, but I would imagine it’s a combination of the two groups you described.

For comparison, per google, the flu vaccine takes two weeks to be effective, and the hepatitisB vaccine takes longer @ 1-3 months after the third injection.

BudToaster

Veteran
Amynamous thank-you ... i keep trying to understand how my demographic (about 3% est.) overlaps the vast herd.

one topic that i try to pursue is the rate at which biochem actions occur - one data point i collected: ribosomes can process 6 to 8 codons per second when translating RNA into protein. also of interest is cell life times, how often different cell types regenerate - if at all.

i need to find what protein simulators are available on the cloud. google has an amazing ai deep network learning simulator - son in law was demoing this for me from his HBS coursework. fascinating, for sure, but off topic to my pursuits - kind of like this post being off topic to the thread subject.

h.h.

Veteran
However this effect would need be explored more than several months, which roundabout was my reason for pointing it out. It may be that B cells will increase in infected individuals while depleting in the vaccinated, as has been illustrated in those previously infected with SARS-1. Regardless of some indication that moderna vaccinated individuals may have a somewhat greater protection against potential mutation, the study still seems to illustrate there is a strong immunity created with infection. There is also some indication that immunity from infection may strengthen over time, while immunity from the moderna vaccine may weaken over time. Granted, this is a very thorough study and I would need to read it through several times to more fully grasp the details.

From a personal perspective (and understanding of 'the science') having been infected (confirmed by serum testing) the most practical vaccine for me (and others infected) would be one dose of the sinovac, however this is not recognized in many parts of the world. Why is this?

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local...-among-those-approved-for-entry-into-the-u-s/

heirloomganja

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_86c22bb...jpeg

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.28.21261159v1.supplementary-material#disqus_thread

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
maybe there are other people that he does not want to die? like, most folks? i'm sure we each have a mental list of those we would not miss...😏

i guess he'll have to sneak up on them loved ones and hit them with the shot? like wtf? you gonna force it on people who don't want it? thats some authoritarian logic right there.

just get your shot if you want and leave the rest of us alone with that shit. you will be safe, thats all that you can reasonably expect. not that i believe this anyway, too much evidence to the contrary available now. but still you believe in this mrna product so you should believe it protects you, if not why bother?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i guess he'll have to sneak up on them loved ones and hit them with the shot? like wtf? you gonna force it on people who don't want it? thats some authoritarian logic right there.

slowly now, point out what i said in the post you quoted that makes you think i'm advocating forced vaccinations? i'll wait...you take your time.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
well looky here, someone has woken up to the concept of natural immunity existing, respect.

most folks knew it existed. the debate, for the most part, is whether it is as good as, better than, or inferior to protection provided by the vaccine. there is research showing that a mix of both may be best, but that requires you to be exposed to a disease that has killed millions around the world (so far, the Fat Lady aint sung). no thanks, i'll stick with my doctors advice.

Latest posts

Latest posts