What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IMO 1&2 experiment.

I have one leg and am in a wheel chair at this point in time. I say that to indicate why I could did not do this in a normal fashion. I had plans to go camping in Hillsdale County Michigan on property my cousin just bought and thought it would be stellar if I could some how collect an IMO 1 while I was there. I had one major problem I would only be there for two day which is definitely not enough time. When I arrived I quickly noticed a lot of old leaf piles and such. My cousins in law surly thought what is this one legged dude crawling and looking under leaves. This is when I had the idea of collecting a lot of material and taking it with me. I collected from several different locations to insure the best diversity possible. I thought this would be great to have as I can't get around well enough as I'd like to leave boxes in the woods. When I got home I used a card board box to hold half cooked rice. I then placed that in a cloth type bag and put it in a bigger box. This bigger box contained some of the leaf and sticks in the bottom. I placed the bag on top then filled the box with the rest of what I collected. I waited 5 days and looked. I had indeed collected imo1. I then took the rice and added weight of brown sugar. I did not think this would succeed but to my surprise it did. I hope this is an decent description.

Attachments

• IMG_5740.jpeg
    IMG_5740.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5741.jpeg
    IMG_5741.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5742.jpeg
    IMG_5742.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5743.jpeg
    IMG_5743.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5746.jpeg
    IMG_5746.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5767.jpeg
    IMG_5767.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5768.jpeg
    IMG_5768.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5770.jpeg
    IMG_5770.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5772.jpeg
    IMG_5772.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 37

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for the thread friend, you really know your stuff. For the people that don't know exactly, what IMO is. It's a microbe building additive out of Korea and is popular there.

What is IMO in gardening?
KNF is a self-sufficient sys- tem that involves culturing indigenous microorganisms (IMO) – fungi, bacteria, and protozoa – and reintroducing them into nutrient-depleted soil, thus enhancing soil microbial activity and fertility.

What can you do with Imo?
IMOs are used primarily to create fertile and healthy soil condition that is ideal for farming and to prevent plant diseases. In Natural Farming, IMOs are used in treatments applied to the soil in order to improve its fertility and health. The best material that can be used in culturing IMOs is steamed rice.

Don't stop there friend show us what you are going to do with it now that it's made if it's safe for you. Thank you for sharing your hard work. 😎

Thanks for the thread friend, you really know your stuff. For the people that don't know exactly, what IMO is. It's a microbe building additive out of Korea and is popular there.

What is IMO in gardening?
KNF is a self-sufficient sys- tem that involves culturing indigenous microorganisms (IMO) – fungi, bacteria, and protozoa – and reintroducing them into nutrient-depleted soil, thus enhancing soil microbial activity and fertility.

What can you do with Imo?
IMOs are used primarily to create fertile and healthy soil condition that is ideal for farming and to prevent plant diseases. In Natural Farming, IMOs are used in treatments applied to the soil in order to improve its fertility and health. The best material that can be used in culturing IMOs is steamed rice.

Don't stop there friend show us what you are going to do with it now that it's made if it's safe for you. Thank you for sharing your hard work. 😎
I'll be sure to explain things better as I go. Ty for the explanation.

Latest posts

Latest posts