What's new

imminent socal power outages up to 14 days at a time?

idiit

Veteran
Blackouts Loom With California In Power Grid Emergency: "All Customers Should Expect 14 Days Without Power"

my note:^ that's 14 days total, not sequentially.

The entire Los Angeles metropolitan area and most of Southern California can expect blackouts this summer.
The power grid is under direct threat as a result of the unprecedented, but little reported, massive natural gas leaks at Alisco Canyon that was ongoing for four months as an intense summer heat wave sets in.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...ergency-all-customers-should-expect-14-days-w

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Doesn't look that bad..

Doesn't look that bad..

Welcome to Hell SoCal, I feel sorry for EVERYONE.:tiphat:

They will need to burn Diesel instead on peak days and they have already secured the permits needed.

I can see Porter Ranch across they valley from me. We are serviced by Los Angeles Department of Water and Power.

In the past only SoCal Edison needed to resort to rolling blackouts.

Stay cool :party: it's going to be a Hot summer.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I grow mostly indoors

I grow mostly indoors

Outdoor growers are relaxing thru this no doubt. :peacock:

I did throw a few plants into pots outside and I have moved them to mostly shade so they don't burn up. I have burned up some plants in the past.

It was over 112f yesterday:party: going up over 100f again todayy

corky1968

Veteran
I did throw a few plants into pots outside and I have moved them to mostly shade so they don't burn up. I have burned up some plants in the past.

It was over 112f yesterday:party: going up over 100f again todayy

Instead of culling 5 plants last week. I put them outside for an experiment.
They are still alive. But the 2 most exposed in the sun got bleached. The 3
partly shaded under small bushes are doing the best for now.

The 1st week from indoors to outdoors is always the worst.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
It's still a drought..

It's still a drought..

are y'all still ina drought?:chin:

Luckily they built the California Aqueduct which moves water from NorCal to SoCal last century.

They got a lot of rain up north this season and it helped a lot.

That said we are still in a drought :biggrin:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
so > 112*F, drought, rolling blackouts, fires and ??? smog I don't hear too much about it too much anymore.. used to be looked like smoke from a fire thick... all the way across the city of LA... OH! earthquakes. The weather is nice in between and the beaches are/were killer, haven't been there in 35 years or so, so I'm sure its changes some. but ya can smoke a dubie with little fear..

florida laws suck but that's a lot of shit going on up there:laughing:.
but her relatives live in NoCal that gets me out there more than I want to go.. but ALWAYS have a great time. the people are pretty good there.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts