What's new

I'm seeing spots

greencalyx

Premium user
I have a bunch of spotted leaves. More spots on lower leaves and less as you move up.

I used to spray the plants with FOOP foliar 1-2 times a day, and thought this may be causing the spots, so I stopped a 2-3 weeks ago. But I think I'm starting to see it a bit on the newer growth.

Does this look like a deficiency? Or maybe some kind of disease/pest. I don't see any critters...

Just got up potted from a half gallon to a 3 gal pot a couple weeks ago, so I wouldn't expect any deficiency

Attachments

• 20240202_154750.jpg
    20240202_154750.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 75
  • 20240202_154714.jpg
    20240202_154714.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 72
  • 20240125_195959.jpg
    20240125_195959.jpg
    952.7 KB · Views: 65

acespicoli

Hit them with some neem oil sheck your local hardware store
When you get a chance try Amazon for a 60x magnifying pocket loupe for 10$

Stippling: One of the earliest signs of spider mite infestation is stippling. This appears as tiny, pale spots or speckles on the upper surface of leaves. These spots result from the mites piercing plant cells and sucking out their contents.
1706924399074.png

without a loupe and guessing 🤷‍♂️
1706924538301.png

this is mite damage^^^

Someone on a forum one time told me submerge a clone in water for I
dont remember how long...but he said that will kill every one on the plant.
Better get a bug bomb and hit the room if thats what it is :thinking:
Go for the loupe and a positive ID
1706924787536.png

Last edited:

acespicoli

What do you think it is? Mites
Took me awhile to put some edit together,
Theres the spots and the odd texture theres one other thing it looks like with the leaf texture
but the spots....might be
Only ones I have ever seen was spider mites round here and the web makes them a easy id and red color
Two spotted and broad mites with a loupe looking under and on top leaves would give a better id
You know with lights on bugs prefer the undersides of the leaves some times

Old Piney

I grow organic outside so I really don't have these problems. I do know spider mites are a pain in the ass with my house plants with the dry heat in the winter now that I think about it they did have these spots

Last edited:

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I don't think it's insects, do you feed your plants calmag...the leaves look a bit clorotic and the browning of the lower leaves is a sign...not saying you may not have bugs but look at your feed first...pH, do you track it...

greencalyx

Premium user
Hit them with some neem oil sheck your local hardware store
When you get a chance try Amazon for a 60x magnifying pocket loupe for 10$

Stippling: One of the earliest signs of spider mite infestation is stippling. This appears as tiny, pale spots or speckles on the upper surface of leaves. These spots result from the mites piercing plant cells and sucking out their contents.
View attachment 18954534
without a loupe and guessing 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 18954544
this is mite damage^^^

Someone on a forum one time told me submerge a clone in water for I
dont remember how long...but he said that will kill every one on the plant.
Better get a bug bomb and hit the room if thats what it is :thinking:
Go for the loupe and a positive ID
View attachment 18954545
I have a loupe somewhere. I just moved recently, and have know idea where I put it, lol. I'm definitely gonna look for it and get a closer look.

This is a deep chunk clone, so the leaves can have a pretty unique look to them with the texture and the ridges, just due to genetics.

I'll try to find some neem tomorrow, too

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
I have a loupe somewhere. I just moved recently, and have know idea where I put it, lol. I'm definitely gonna look for it and get a closer look.

This is a deep chunk clone, so the leaves can have a pretty unique look to them with the texture and the ridges, just due to genetics.

I'll try to find some neem tomorrow, too
You locked her out. Check the run off PPM and PH

greencalyx

Premium user
I don't think it's insects, do you feed your plants calmag...the leaves look a bit clorotic and the browning of the lower leaves is a sign...not saying you may not have bugs but look at your feed first...pH, do you track it...
I have very hard water. Mostly Calcium, I think. I had lockout issues in the past, so now I water and mix nutes with half and half tap water and distilled.

Not sure of magnesium, however, and that was one of my thoughts as well. I gave a Epsom salt foliar spray yesterday

I haven't checked pH in a while. My feed usually brings it to about 6.5. I did notice some very very slight twisting leaves (like pH issues cause) so I'll be checking runoff tomorrow

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I have a bunch of spotted leaves. More spots on lower leaves and less as you move up.

I used to spray the plants with FOOP foliar 1-2 times a day, and thought this may be causing the spots, so I stopped a 2-3 weeks ago. But I think I'm starting to see it a bit on the newer growth.

Does this look like a deficiency? Or maybe some kind of disease/pest. I don't see any critters...

Just got up potted from a half gallon to a 3 gal pot a couple weeks ago, so I wouldn't expect any deficiency
What kind of water are you using friend?

Dime

I have a well and installed a dissolved solids and a charcoal filter .I brought mine down to 140 ppm which is close to our municiple numbers and it works fine and saves replacing the taps.I'm in the process of letting Reliance install a complete system at the pump for $30 a month and let them worry about it.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran

Just looking at it, this could be 1 of 5 possibilities:

- Calcium deficiency
- Calcium lockout
- Insect infestation
- misapplication of synthetic nutrients (they're crispy)
- Any combination of the above

The extra information that is needed is:

- medium used
- nutrients used
- their pH and EC or PPM

UPDATE - Post 14

"I'm using 50% distilled and 50% tap water for minerals. The tap water is super hard by itself"

An alternative is to let the water stand outdoors or near the plants for a couple of days. When chlorene, which is alkaline, evaporates, it lowers both the pH and the EC or PPM of the water.

Usually pH down won't even be necessary, considering most nutrients are acidic anyway.

Last edited:

acespicoli

Thats s good point, most of my grows are organic. Hydro nutes are usually premixed A,B,
I even prefer a organic fert tank for dripping inorganic soiless peat, coco.

Salts or Organics is a good place to start
Theres a great "science" paper on cannabis nute defiency its been posted before...
They took cannabis plants and each nutrient think it was 12 in total..
They pictured the leaf as they removed a single nutrient at a time until it caused a plant response.

They also listed a low/high range of each nute defiency burn for the tested varieties interesting read.

Drop the link here when I find it

Latest posts

Latest posts