What's new

im not a hippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Goes with the territory- you got long hair right? Dreads I believe you have said. It's just like - a blonde woman with really hair-sprayed hair, dyed real platinum, who smoked cigarettes, people would make assumptions about her, right?

Jimi Hendrix pointed this out in his last interview- even among the so-called cool people, there's a really rigid kind of dress code.

I have long hair, and I just laugh when people call me a hippie or hippy. Wasn't that word made up by the Life/Look/Time magazine types back in the 60's? Does anybody call himself a hippie?

sso

Veteran
Goes with the territory- you got long hair right? Dreads I believe you have said. It's just like - a blonde woman with really hair-sprayed hair, dyed real platinum, who smoked cigarettes, people would make assumptions about her, right?
exactly.
Jimi Hendrix pointed this out in his last interview- even among the so-called cool people, there's a really rigid kind of dress code.

I have long hair, and I just laugh when people call me a hippie or hippy. Wasn't that word made up by the Life/Look/Time magazine types back in the 60's? Does anybody call himself a hippie?

kinda seems alot of bother having long hair though? all that drying and cleaning lol

K

KSP

kinda seems alot of bother having long hair though? all that drying and cleaning lol

Not really. Shampoo, towel dry, pull back in pony tail, all that really needs to be done. I hear that all the time, and usually think that person has never had long hair when I hear it.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway

Chicks dig the hair, bro.
tumblr_ksczlyQbeU1qzx4k0o1_500.jpg

sso

Veteran
Not really. Shampoo, towel dry, pull back in pony tail, all that really needs to be done. I hear that all the time, and usually think that person has never had long hair when I hear it.

nah, im just going by watching my wife deal with it :)

Chicks dig the hair, bro.
tumblr_ksczlyQbeU1qzx4k0o1_500.jpg

lol, yeah i can dig that.

dont go breaking no hearts bro :D

L

longearedfriend

your more of a caveman then a hippie to me yukon

caveman.jpg

cavemen-food-nutrition.jpg

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
i think his avatar is actually of some guy pretending to be a caveman (isnt it so?, yukon? :))

going back to the roots :) (figuring out what we actually need)

my avatar.....well it represents me pretty well.

it's a pic of a pic from a book i have "dreads"....and the dude is in the intro, so no specific info there......however i happen to know a cpl ppl (from another forum) who know the dude...his name is Matthew Burnham and he's living somewhere in cali.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
so why do ppl seem to think that i'm a hippy?

i have nothing against hippies...i relate to lots of things hippyish.

it annoys me sometimes tho when ppl automatic assume that that i'm a hippy.

i'm planning to move back to alaska and live off the land, and say screw society...very very soon, but thats about all i have that relates at all to being a hippy...(ohh and i grow weed...legally)...i guess that's hippyish

my attitude about this world is more militant...more like rage against the machine...but i don't have the desire to protest or spit words at the system....even tho i have alot to say.

....i don't like GD, or phish, or string cheeses...ppl auto assume that i do????? i love roots reggae tho, and aside from that i mostly listen to rap...well i say rap i guess i mean eminem.

it doesn't seem like very many ppl relate to my way of thought and attitude tho....or they do and i don't know where they are. (i know a few here do)

so where do i fit in?...ohhh yeah outcast :tiphat:

Sounds like part of the problem is that you think of hippies using many of the same stereotypes that most everyone else uses. Not all hippies listen to GD or Phish those bands grew out of the hippie movement but don't define it.

The thing is that the hippie movement was much like the Occupy movement in that it appealled to many but didn't have a clear defining message that all related to. What was common amongst almost all hippies though was the style and trend of the time which were things like long hair, bell bottom jeans, peace signs, etc. So it eventually became that if you had long hair and wore bell bottom jeans you were a hippie, which was as far from the truth as someone calling you a hippie.

For what it's worth, as I understand it though, when their movement failed, many of the "true hippies" said screw society and moved to Alaska to live off the land. :)

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
It was an opinion. I'll leave them to myself and wont be commenting no more. Peace dudes have fun

It probably wouldn't have been so much of a problem if you had limited it to your opinion rather then suggesting you were speaking for the whole community.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read the opening post, the thing that stood out the most to me was how many times "I" is used. Maybe its just the time of year ...

eskimo

Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by sso View Post
in my defense about the horridly long seemingly, possibly and probably pointless post,

well, im actually more stoned than ive been in years, my Frankenstein (it really makes you walk like one)really came out great on the second run (too bad all the clones failed and reveg as well...mjeh ive got good hopes about popcorn betty and this vietnames sativa ive got going)

and yes, that seems to be general defense of such posts, im really really stoned[/QUOTE]

awesome post and far from pointless bro :wave:

yea :D :D :D
soooo great !! the best one !!!

i'n i 'n you 'n i

D

draco

i used to call people names, when i was little.

i have been called a hippy, it's usually haters...

if it ain't true who cares

now when someone calls me a name, i laugh.

go ahead! call me a name and i'll show you

if someone brings the gift of hate and you don't receive it, with whom is it left?

supermanlives

Veteran
almost all the trout to be had locally is hatchery commercial trout. they dont taste as good as wild. those pellets they feed em dont make em tasty as wild. i prob will catch a few next month. then sierras in spring

barnyard

to label me is to negate me...

to label me is to negate me...

WTF does that mean?

luv those brookies. An ultralight system with a couple of split shots and a salmon egg teased into those pockets in the stream where the fish hang out.

weight per weight brookies have got to be some of the best fighters out there.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's strange how ppl end up living their lives....

this guys father was my family doctor growing up...you should have seen dr. Schleyer's office w/ all the mounts and shit....

funny how very very similar me and this dude are....(but i bet he wouldn't grow weed) :dunno:

my attitude about this world is more militant...more like rage against the machine...but i don't have the desire to protest or spit words at the system....even tho i have alot to say.

....i don't like GD, or phish, or string cheeses...ppl auto assume that i do????? i love roots reggae tho, and aside from that i mostly listen to rap...well i say rap i guess i mean eminem.

it doesn't seem like very many ppl relate to my way of thought and attitude tho....or they do and i don't know where they are. (i know a few here do)

so where do i fit in?...ohhh yeah outcast :tiphat:

i'm a *censored* fanatic (HUGE FANATIC), i can't stand ppl in general or society, i love guns, i love hunting (big game), i love fishing, i 'm an aging pro level freestyle bmx rider (im 39 and have ridden for over 20 years), i'm a backcountry skiier and snowboarder, and snowmachiner, i grow weed, i wear huge ass camo pants and black hoodies only, i used to commercial fish in alaska, and i used to work in the oilfields in north texas...i manage a manufacturing company in the colorado mtns right now....i grew up in wyoming.

"Schleyer was a wildlife researcher, an artist, a writer, a philosopher and a consummate hunter. He was killed and eaten by a grizzly while bowhunting moose alone in the Yukon in September 2004. "

In your own words, I don't think you two could live your lives, or be any more different in your thoughts and interests. Do you? I've read dozens of articles regarding Schleyer and 99 percent of the things you discuss would never cross this mans mind.

But I guess perception is each persons reality.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts