What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm in love with the CoCo

CoCoSativas

Well it was my first grow so the cure wasn't perfect and I didn't have much to compare it to. But I thought it burned and tasted just fine to me.

I used ro with cal/mag up to 200 ppm if I remember correctly. But nowadays I'm cutting tap with ro 50/50 and it comes out to 100 ppm for my base water. And no call/mag needed. Everything is looking great with this recipe.

I do flush my coco prior to planting. I just use tap water until my runoff ppm matches the tap going into it.

My taps 200 ppm, no chlorine or chloramine, its all i drink so i give it to my plants too. They have always got tap and do very well. I think my tap is well suited to coco. Im sure lots of tap water is

CoCoSativas

Im kinda funny. I grow with tap, lots of people in my area do (i saw a 36 plant homemade table drip hydro grow with cheap food yield a half pound a plant on our tap water, no ph checking or ppm testing, strait up followed the companies nutrient schedule and poured it in, he was very lucky)

Hey i started a thread testing a co2 brew bucket thats featured in my grow thread. It will be shorter and too the point, more my review and impression of the product. Im testing it for a hydro store

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=303566

just a little update:
my garden is looking bitchin! everyone looks healthy and happy!
my #1 main girl is going to get harvested this weekend. i'll be sure to update on that! should be a nice harvest. she was topped and vegged for six weeks.

the three girls on blumat drippers are in week 4 of flower. they look great! i'm just dripping away with h3ads recipe and giving a weekly hand watering of 1/2 strength nutes with superthrive. i have been sorting out a small rez problem over on the blumat thread. i think we got it under control though! and it didn't affect my plants at all. if i would've left for a week it would've been a problem though. but luckily i'm here everyday!

and i have two mothers that are huge and have tons of clones that could be taken. how i wish i had someone to sell some clones to :biglaugh:

CoCoSativas

just a little update:
my garden is looking bitchin! everyone looks healthy and happy!
my #1 main girl is going to get harvested this weekend. i'll be sure to update on that! should be a nice harvest. she was topped and vegged for six weeks.

the three girls on blumat drippers are in week 4 of flower. they look great! i'm just dripping away with h3ads recipe and giving a weekly hand watering of 1/2 strength nutes with superthrive. i have been sorting out a small rez problem over on the blumat thread. i think we got it under control though! and it didn't affect my plants at all. if i would've left for a week it would've been a problem though. but luckily i'm here everyday!

and i have two mothers that are huge and have tons of clones that could be taken. how i wish i had someone to sell some clones to :biglaugh:

Yeah selling clones can make you lots of money. Grow stores owned by certain motorcycle enthusiasts can be a good place to ask around to offload clones. But that's always illegal and it all really depends on if you are okay dealing with those guys.

PinkMagic

my two mother plants get watered once a day and i alternate each day between 1/2 strength and full stregnth.
my main girl that is still hand watered gets watered twice a day using full strength nutes. but now i'm to the flush phase so i'm just feeding her water starting today actually. planning on chopping her next weekend! :dance013:
and the three i have on blumats are set to stay maximum moist without runoff. but once a week i do give them a hand watering of 1/2 strength nutes with super thrive mixed in until i get some runoff. i do it for insurance but i'm not so sure it's necessary.

and the "striped cages" are wire shelving that you can get from home improvement stores to organize your closet with. i had some laying around so i cut it to length and used it to set my pots on. it has been working great. allows air movement underneath the pot and allows the runoff to drain.

then, just for further explanation, the table i have everything setting on is slightly tilted to direct runoff into a fitting in the corner of my plastic basin thing that then drains into a bucket that i just dump down the drain when it gets full.

hope all that makes sense to ya :tiphat:

Have you ran into pest issues when maximum moist. Any preventative products or techniques you use ?? Towards the last couple of weeks of flowering i started to get fungus gnats. I used general organics.

thanks for the info. I was planning on using a tortilla stand similar to the cages but having to buy one per pot is a pain.
Thanks, you answered the next question i was going to ask.

Well as promised here's some pictures of harvest today.

I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Attachments

• IMAG0138.jpg
    IMAG0138.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0141.jpg
    IMAG0141.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG0143.jpg
    IMAG0143.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0146.jpg
    IMAG0146.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMAG0147.jpg
    IMAG0147.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 15

Mr.Demeter

Woohoo! (Breaks into a funky looking 70s style bud dance) lookin good brudduh! Sticky fingers and big smiles all the way!:dance013:

Yes it was just one plant. I didn't get a wet weight I'll weigh it before I put it into jars for curing. Will be sure to post the weights.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
for fuck sake, every time i see the thread title in the new posts list that song starts playing in my head and i start mumbling about baking soda.

Mr.Demeter

hahaha, ive no idea why but when I watch the video to that song I laugh uncontrollably.. IndoorAddict, excellent mate - keep us updated! :tiphat:

for fuck sake, every time i see the thread title in the new posts list that song starts playing in my head and i start mumbling about baking soda.
Haha sorry man!

Are we talking about the Gucci song or something else?
O.t. Genasis sings it. Check it out on YouTube. It's hella stupid!

hahaha, ive no idea why but when I watch the video to that song I laugh uncontrollably.. IndoorAddict, excellent mate - keep us updated! :tiphat:
I laugh my ass off too! It's just so stupid I think!

CoCoSativas

I looked that shit up on YouTube... How did a garbage song like that get 100 million hits that's disgusting.

The Gucci song is stupid too, but better than that shit.

OT genasis must be a moron, whoever he is.

Jesus why did they have to shoot all the good rappers now we are stuck with a bunch of goofs...

To genasis... Fail

Mr.Demeter

I looked that shit up on YouTube... How did a garbage song like that get 100 million hits that's disgusting.

The Gucci song is stupid too, but better than that shit.

OT genasis must be a moron, whoever he is.

Jesus why did they have to shoot all the good rappers now we are stuck with a bunch of goofs...

To genasis... Fail

Yea its quite possibly the dumbest song Ive ever heard, my kids sure do play the hell out of it though (unfortunately)..