What's new

I'm in a utilities included apartment-oops

Fucked up. I didn't want to go big right away anyway. I'm hoping I can get out of this lease in 6 months. I'm signed for a year.

I'm in a med state.

My question is not really of legality or risk, but of fairness. Do you think it is "fair" of me to run a 150 watt grow in a utilities-included apartment? I live alone, and most people here are couples. Thus, they use more electricity. I also use Flouro bulbs around the house, and do not use an air conditioner.

What do you think? Is a 150 watter fair to the property owner in this case?

schwilly

I'd say 4-600 watts is more fair. 1000 may be even fairer.

If it gets cold where you live it can offset heating costs. Win/win.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
the very smallest common power supply for a computer is 250w more common is 400w
my gaming PC has a 1000w power supply, granted it doesn't use all 1000w at all times but it can.
a hair dryer is 1500w so is a space heater

150w isn't even a blip on the radar of a one bedroom apartment

Just want to reiterate that this is a studio apartment, so it's not like I can use a bunch of stuff to hide it in.

Thanks for the immediate feedback. Really appreciate it.

K

KSP

Just want to reiterate that this is a studio apartment, so it's not like I can use a bunch of stuff to hide it in.

Thanks for the immediate feedback. Really appreciate it.

Pick a small tent or cab, or DIY. Best wishes

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I guess with a 150 you're not blowing it up lol. Grow your own and be safe

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Fair is as fair does so go ahead and blow the place fairly well!

At least a 400W.

Ojo

Last edited:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
If there isn't anything in the lease about power usage, then use as much as you'd like. I can bet most of the other people in the complex are thinking the same thing. That's a big selling point these days with how expensive utility bills can get.

-Funk

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ran 2000 watts in an apartment for 6 months. they started to get suspicious when the neighbor kids cold smell sensi star I think, so I moved.

I imagine 150 watt isn't your problem. Containing smell in a studio is a bigger worry. Make sure you get a big ass carbon filter and a silencer. it is worth every penny to add the silencer as well.

Strapped

hey bro, the main reason land lords do the "utilities included" deal is so that they can turn off your power if you don't pay rent. I'd say go to town as long as you pay. If he/she says something, just offer to pay the balance

:tiphat:
S

Latest posts

Latest posts