What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Im Going 2 Prison Build Thread~:? K.I.S.S Method

come on

come on

Come on prop ~JUST one nUGG . i know you gots it in you

picture.php

Once penguin Oks my mygyver wiring and this thing is done ~ Ill TEACH YOU HOW TO GROW DA PRIMO >>gOT SOME mYGYVERED NUGG ELSE WHERE Also. Ill throw in later to keep it green why i tinker wit dis room..I show you how to OWn a Closet!!

antimatter

Veteran
Im a little confused as to how that wiring job is gonna cause a fire, heck people have things called fireplaces in there house and baseboard heaters id be worried about those, not some wires spliced together wrapped in tape and capped off hanging outside of the wall.

opt1c

Veteran
I keep reading all these threads about the vibe changing on here; now i see it for myself

sad

homeboy is just trying to be able to rip down his garden, including wiring, in a hurry while being as safe as possible... i've seen way worse wiring; hell my house was worse when i moved in; something about 50 year old wiring... but guess what... my house hasn't had an electrical fire... 50 years old and still standing... god forbid

growing marijuana is about risks... hell look at hydroponics... don't want to get any of that electricity too close to the water now... might shock yourself... throw a propane tank with a co2 burner in the mix and all your elements are covered... ticking time bomb

obviously this isn't mr riley's first dance

as far as constructive criticism goes i don't think your filter will be large enough for the space you're going to be scrubbing

fwiw... in non-med states and even med states leo will go after electricians who specialize in grows via their larger than average tax returns for being an electrician... they will roll on their clients; there is no electrician client privilege... i'm not making this up either; know of a couple cases personally but i'm not going to say more, moral of the story is that sometimes if you are going to follow rule #1 and not tell anyone what you're doing sometimes you have to do it yourself

you think the people who tap power lines and run one cycle in a house before splitting care about wiring? maybe the evidence burning to the ground is a good thing? just saying... maybe one should mine ones own problems and let karma take care of others

obviously this isn't mr riley's first dance

as far as constructive criticism goes i don't think your filter will be large enough for the space you're going to be scrubbing
Yeah i got a few extra filters laying around......I donnt mind the Certified Electricians Suggestions at all....Just some times They seem to forget what the wiring is for..Not the goldleafed Mansion hotub !!!

AS for the scrubber IM in the pacific and I cant get Can 100z or bigger shipped..........I run lights at night and i ONly exhaust the room during lights on thats at night for 3 minutes every 40 minutes just to bring in fresh air <CO2... and i use a Vaportek might add another if i have too. BUt i have 2 other can 50s laying around and a can 33 and some others barley used from old set ups anda few fans

Your wiring is just fine Riley. Most people forget in non-med states you can't go hire an electrician to wire a grow. Hell, I even know an electrician who grows that is too lazy to wire for 220 (probably too much Kush). A majority of people don't understand the benefits or reasoning behind 220....let alone the brains to actually do it. Your right in not ripping out any drywall....as long as nobody can view your panel box. Actually the title of your thread is right too. Always plan a grow for the worse. Every little thing matters when your ass is front of a redneck judge. Good luck man!

madpenguin

marshmello, your too much. I've had an utterly, completely, horrid fucked up week and you've really made my day with the pics. Too funny.

Riley, your panel is ok. It's even up to code except for all the romex running thru 2 knockouts. Way too tight and you legally would have to derate those wires due to heat issues and them being jammed together like that.

I would question all of those 20A breakers and just treat them as 15A. As for the 15 ampers, I probably wouldn't want to over extend those either but it would probably be OK anyway.

You have a flush mount panel, so yea.... Not much you can do there except start knocking holes in walls. If it's a rental, then why bother. I would probably do the same thing you did. Just make sure you only thread the 2 bottom panel screws one turn so as to give your 50A conductors room so they are not pinched. I'd also wrap a crap load of electrical tape around the red and black conductors where it hits the panel edge.

Whether or not you want to sleeve it with PVC is up to you. Just don't nick those and cause an arc or ground fault.

I would try to buy a box extender to contain your #10 romex splice but other than that it seems pretty safe. You can't have romex exposed to physical damage so that's where most of the safety concerns lie. Just be aware of where the wire is and don't step on it or lay a metal shelf on it or do anything stupid so that it gets damaged.

So, yea. It's not as bad as it first looked. Is it up to code? No. Is it safe? eh... probably depending on moving objects in the vicinity.... Is it quick to tear down? Yes.

@Prop.... Calm down man. Let's keep it civil. Atleast keep it to constructive criticism instead of outright bashing...

P.D.S

So because your not in a med state you can't do proper wiring and have to hire an electrician, that BULLSHIT, learn how to do it yourself, also it may not be your first time around the block but you do seem new to this because you act like a fire danger is no problem and well your renting a house to grow not owning your own. Heres an idea your no gangster if you were you'd be hustling instead of arguing with people on the computer so calm down nobody here is impressed by a big ego. IF you look at statics fires are rather common in this community because of bad wiring, hopefully you don't eventually fall into that category. best of luck to you
and nice pics, not bad for a growtent

Oh god fuck it>>> ill fill this thread when the place is filled to the brim with nuggs>>>Fucking soft bleeding pussies everywhere..Props to penguin on The intel..... Be back in few months when the place is packed to the brim or when i get bailed out or ill post some pics of this piece of shit burnt to the fucking ground and im setting up to burn a new place down for court fees!!!:nanana: see you Mofoz in 8-9 weeks.....:dueling:

Fortune favors the Bold.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RNgaxKfyZU

F-ing disgrace Soft ass BIIETCHS have become standard in America

So because your not in a med state you can't do proper wiring and have to hire an electrician, that BULLSHIT

I'm not sure I understand your quote, and certainly not trying to start anything.......but what is a grower supposed to use for the excuse of needing 220 volts/50 amps in the spare bedroom?

opt1c

Veteran
he probably lives in a med state and is just talking out his ass... wonder what us in cali were doing pre96 son? this ain't nothing new

remember not everyone is a plumber, carpenter, electrician, and horticultural expert some of us are only human

antimatter

Veteran
I honestly would of just ran an extension cord from the unused outlet for the 120v if i wanted a quick tear down lol..

madpenguin

I honestly would of just ran an extension cord from the unused outlet for the 120v if i wanted a quick tear down lol..

Actually, Riley handled it the proper way (minus the box extension). Extension cords are not used for extending branch circuits but for using things on a temporary basis only. As in a few minutes max.

If you want to extend the branch circuit for a permanent appliance, you actually extend the branch circuit properly with spliced romex and another outlet box and receptacle, which is exactly what Riley did. The only thing is, its laying on the floor just waiting to get crushed/damaged.

Extension cords burn up all the time and are a major cause of house fires due to arcing and poor plug contacts with the receptacle and appliance at the other end. Home owners just don't understand this so they use them for anything and everything on a permanent basis. They even like to push them under carpets so they don't trip on them which makes a bad situation even worse because now the wire is going to get really hot depending upon the load served.

I've said this a million times here and I'll say it again, extension cords are just asking for a fire. So are powerstrips and those plug adapters that let you plug more things into just one receptacle. PLEASE people, just stay away from them....

Remember the movie "Christmas Story"? Or was it the Chevy Chase movie with the Griswold family? How they pluged all their christmas lights into one receptacle? I guarantee that more people than you think are probably doing that same thing here on this forum. I'll say a prayer for you guys tonite and hope that you and your neighbors are able to escape safely before your house or apartment building burns down.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont understand the hates in this thread, we're all here for the same reason, growth some good herbs and smoke'em. We should really stick together instead of attacking one another.

No matter how poor his wiring is or how he grow his herbs, its really his business. If you dont like it and have nothing nice to say then just stay out of his thread, if you're a good herb smoking fellowman, you could give the guy some advices or insight if you know more then him.

Im sure this is not his first time doing this.

Mr. Riley,

Good luck on the growth, you have a very cool sense of humor, we need more people like you.

Grow-fast/safe!

I'll be checking back for more, please keep us update

Red!

antimatter

Veteran
Actually, Riley handled it the proper way (minus the box extension). Extension cords are not used for extending branch circuits but for using things on a temporary basis only. As in a few minutes max.

If you want to extend the branch circuit for a permanent appliance, you actually extend the branch circuit properly with spliced romex and another outlet box and receptacle, which is exactly what Riley did. The only thing is, its laying on the floor just waiting to get crushed/damaged.

Extension cords burn up all the time and are a major cause of house fires due to arcing and poor plug contacts with the receptacle and appliance at the other end. Home owners just don't understand this so they use them for anything and everything on a permanent basis. They even like to push them under carpets so they don't trip on them which makes a bad situation even worse because now the wire is going to get really hot depending upon the load served.

I've said this a million times here and I'll say it again, extension cords are just asking for a fire. So are powerstrips and those plug adapters that let you plug more things into just one receptacle. PLEASE people, just stay away from them....

Remember the movie "Christmas Story"? Or was it the Chevy Chase movie with the Griswold family? How they pluged all their christmas lights into one receptacle? I guarantee that more people than you think are probably doing that same thing here on this forum. I'll say a prayer for you guys tonite and hope that you and your neighbors are able to escape safely before your house or apartment building burns down.

Ive run extension cords taking 1000w loads for months and months on end not mention 1500w heaters, you can also buy heavy duty extension cord not just regular.

or make your own armored cable extension cords how about that for safety?

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Ive run extension cords taking 1000w loads for months and months on end not mention 1500w heaters, you can also buy heavy duty extension cord not just regular.

Come'on U guys
He is just trying to keep us all
SAFE
I sense no bad intent
I've been doing this for 29 years now
and I Welcome advice from a
"Sparky"

I dont understand the hates in this thread, we're all here for the same reason, growth some good herbs and smoke'em. We should really stick together instead of attacking one another.

No matter how poor his wiring is or how he grow his herbs, its really his business. If you dont like it and have nothing nice to say then just stay out of his thread, ..

Thanks for the guidance hippy boy.

I guess you let your friends drive drunk or bang heroin- 'cause "It's really just his business"

sheesh.

madpenguin

Hey, I've crossed the street without looking many, many times as well. Not sure I see your point.... Extension cords are proven to be unsafe for long term operation. A vast majority of the NEC code is designed to eliminate the use of extension cords.

I'm not talking out my ass. Your just getting lucky. Plain and simple.