What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IM FEAKING OUT! what would you do!?

TicalionStalion

bro, I think the only way youd get in trouble is if you keep worrying about the dumpster! if your at work and u keep asking about and checking and focusing on a dumpster, someones gonna get suspicious. just chill. your whole train of thought is way too involved. no one would be doing dumpster survailance without you knowing it lol. and finger printing a bag of old grow materials? I wouldnt even THINK of that. maybe if it was 50 ks of coke...but nothing suprises me these days. unless ur in a town of old people with a population of 6 I wouldnt freak out....awww FREAK OUT!

Mr Eckted

no no no! i really needed to hear that stuff, i truly did, after that scare i spent the rest of my work day taking an objective step back, and look at myself...i have been getting paranoid about a lot of things over the past year without even realizing it. i quit the booze about 3 years ago with the help of AA and at the time i started growing i was very very good at the whole serenity thing, i never worried about anything i didn't need too. before today i was memorizing all the cars in the lot, and who lived in what apartment, ive really been going down the deep end a bit, suspecting the cops would get a tip somehow and park a confiscated car in my lot with a hidden camera in it, to look for flashes of light from behind my blackout curtains or something...i know...in retrospect it sounds ridiculous! lol like serious jesse ventura paranoia...and i'm minnesotan so i know what thats like!

This may not be a trait you want to suppress. You don't think it might come in handy one day knowing what should and shouldn't be there? I would say that that's not paranoia, that's just being prepared.

Mr Eckted

bro, I think the only way youd get in trouble is if you keep worrying about the dumpster! if your at work and u keep asking about and checking and focusing on a dumpster, someones gonna get suspicious. just chill. your whole train of thought is way too involved. no one would be doing dumpster survailance without you knowing it lol. and finger printing a bag of old grow materials? I wouldnt even THINK of that. maybe if it was 50 ks of coke...but nothing suprises me these days. unless ur in a town of old people with a population of 6 I wouldnt freak out....awww FREAK OUT!
I'm not suggesting they might fingerprint bags they found, I'm telling you they would, unequivocally. They run freezer bags for prints when they bust 16 year old kids here, and as I understand it, your guys' cops are a bit more eager than ours up north here. I have intimate knowledge that this is true.

señorsloth

Veteran
lol first i get 3 pages of people telling me to be a man, stop being paranoid, and pretty much making fun of me for worrying about my garbage dissapearing overnight, then i finally mellow out and people start telling me i should be paranoid...man i love prohibition...i really hope things calm down a little in other states once cali votes it legal next year...

señorsloth

Veteran
My general rule of thumb for fighting paranoia: if your show is under 2000w, nobody gives a shit about you or your grow. There might be the occasional bit of bad luck where somebody rocking a closet gets popped, but you have to really fuck up to make that happen...

is this true?! i mean i know my grow pretty much counts as micro, being only 400w of hps, plus some fans and cfls...i literally saved more money than my grow uses by switching out all the bulbs in the apartment(almost 2 dozen 60 incandescent!) for 13w cfl's, and i have 2 computers with 4 screens, 3 tv's, basically i use a lot more legitamite electricity than my grow uses, so i'm assuming it blends in.

but really...2000w? i know the cops arent allowed to just peruse around the electric companies billing records for people with high consumption, so is that more of a rule of thumb based on a lot of things, for example; bringing soil in and out, moving product, smell, heat, noise, space, light...all those things would be substantially more for a 2000w grow vs a 400w grow like mine, but am i really so small they literally "don't care"? it would be nice to know...fyi

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I've got a 150, lol. If my qp fell in the sheriff's lap, he'd bust my ass. I can't imagine getting busted for 18 plants but my cab will hold 18 half-gallon soda bottles. I could prolly manage a federal charge with solo-cups. :biglaugh:

A 1-plant scrog might get swept under the rug but I'd be made example of with 18 plants. In my little town, the rumor mill would see me with a house full of weed, whores, piles of cash, etc. Well, there are a few hos from time to time but...

You're right about every possible hair being split in your thread. I just glad you're feeling less stressed. I've been there. As long as we don't trash the wrong stuff, a little paranoia is better than stupidity. And my weird shit-o-meter says you didn't do anything risky.

señorsloth

Veteran
see i have figured my work for being the safest place i could dump it, because i'm good friends with my boss, and he owns the entire warehouse, which rents out to several other businesses, mostly people storing boats and old cars but there's a Somali business fixing trashed cars and a few construction companies based in our one big building(in other bays), so everybody shares the garbage, though it's predominantly my company that uses it and all the other businesses are located on the opposite side of the building, so they can't see me throw out my one bag of garbage every 3 months, that plus the fact that everybody in my shop smokes and my boss was actually the one to suggest i dump it there, so unless they were already on to me, i don't think there is any way i could get in trouble dumping there. that's what i was scared of this morning, that they got a tip somehow and were surveilling me but looking back it seems really dumb. plus i pretty much have free rein at my job to do things in whatever order i feel like, so if i know i am going to be dumping i let the sawdust build up in the place, and then dump the bag, and immediately clean out several barrels of sawdust from the shop and dump them in the dumpster on top of the bag...

i'm a little apprehensive about finding a new place, because i am pretty sure i know this place is safe, but if i were to go to an apartment complex and dump it i don't really, and those signs they always have by the dumpsters that say "dumpster area under surveillance, no unauthorized dumping"... at least that's what my apartment says...

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Sounds like the best place to dump. Don't get pulled over for a broken tail light while you're driving to work. That's your weakest link. It could result in a warrant to search your house. Use a color trash bag different from the ones at your job, so that once it's in the dumpster it doesn't even look like it came from your place of work... must be those other guys.

Leeroy&Co:

2 things i can think of that may help? :chin:

1: Move your grow temporarily without destroying it until you sure whats going on.

2: You could ring the company, pretend to be emplyer from work(which you are) ask if they picked up early or not so you can check wether people are dumpster diving in your area as you noticed everything gone early...and you may need to lock your bins blah blah blah.

and maybe remember how easy this happened for next time and find a more private place to get rid of your things? Or at least really wreck and rip the shit out of everthing with gloves on so there are no finger prints.

Leeroy&Co:

can also use organic breakdown etc, get a compost bin for the plants and make em into mulch? re use Soil medium could be into houseplant pots for normal plants....what other waste are you trying to dump? hard rubbish old venting can go into recycling places or bins, ...?

Buju09

LoL don't give out to much information about the location if the pigs ever did catch a sniff, tiddly bits of info can add up to locations. As long as you're boss was cool with what you' were doing you're beyond safe...in my opinion no1 is going to be surveying you unless your moving huge amounts of pot and they happen to follow you cause you're taking garbage bags on a regular schedule, so just be erratic when you get rid of the "excess waste" and remember to think logically it saves you from making hasty decision you regret and you're health LOL. Best of luck.

TheOutlawTree

I wouldnt worry at all... 400w is nothing the cops are going after.. they would never waste their time and tax dollars to bring down a closet grower whos trying to save money / doesnt want to buy from a dealer.

But if they really did you could easily hire a NORML lawyer and it would be a slap on the wrist, your not going to jail with 400w unless your a convicted felon, or have hard drugs around etc. etc.

I also agree anything under 2000w is extremely hard to get in trouble, unless your going around town telling everyone your growing herb, if thats the case than close up shop. Also 50,000 people is not a small town LOL! Im from an area of like 5 thousand if that and i know quite a few growers. If you have known a person your whole life/ have been good friends with them, their not rattin, no matter what, thats just my group of friends though, not everyones the same.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Males, all my grow garbage, old venting and stuff, , im not a man because i want to keep my family safe? I never thought this was a huge risk, but i am careful to never dump my garbage at my appartment and i always watch the garbage bag once i dump it till its picked up. If they were surveiling me they could have just sent a truck just for that dumpster right? So they could prove it was mine,And my fingerprints are all over it...

Im, sorry, i am not a paeranoid person i just dont want to go to jail. And my work couldnt get in trouble , i followed the advice of the thead on this site that said never dump it at your place find a dumpster somewhere.im going to try hard to figure out why they ccame 2 days early and emptied the dumpster when it was less than a quarter full, id rather noth liquify and flush 400+ dollars in genetics.
forget bravado
if you feel you have compromised your security protocol you have a duty to protect yourself.
do what you feel is necessary to do so.

Can you get in trouble for hqving all the old growing equiptment and used soil but no plants?
if you are otherwise completely clean,no you can't..
id suggest putting some legal plants in your setup(ie:tomatoes)

Sloth-

Don't worry dude. If you have good genetics - make sure you give a trusted friend some clones to hold onto. My biggest fear about getting busted is losing all my genetics. It would literally make me cry! I try not to mix work with my medical marijuana life.

The feds don't worry about people with a 400 HID light. Imagine, it takes thousands of dollars, tons of man hours, and days of surveillance to "bust" someone. If they busted you tomorrow they would call it a waste of time due to your current size and yield. I have under 2000 watts and stay within the required plant limit for my state and feel safe knowing that the Feds are looking for the guy down the street with 10k watts and 100+ plants.

The worst thing you can do right now is attract attention by acting differently or asking questions to coworkers. Being paranoid means that you are guilty of a crime. Growing a plant does not make you guilty of any crime, so don't act paranoid. Just act like nothing happened. Your a good guy for being worried. It simply means you have a lot to protect at home. Just chill.

Latest posts

Latest posts