What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

im cancelling my organics program.

from your words, "takes a month to dry out". i know you are probably exagerating, but your soil isn't draining fast enough from the sounds of it. they look like they are waterlogged to me. which resembles all sorts of nutrient problems. extremely slow growth is also a result of too much water. either water less or use more perlite. i use a variation of LC's 1st mix with all dry nutes added in ahead of time and allowed to cook, but i add 1 more part compost and 1 more part perlite. it drains very well while also holding water long enough. under a 400W i have to water every 3-4 days in a 19.5" X 47.5" space. i had to water more often under the cfl's because of the heat issues i was having, don't have that problem anymore. u need to get the wet dry cycle to occur more often i believe. so to fix the main issue, i would go with one of the mixes in the "organics for beginners" section and i swear you wont have any nutrient problems again. if growing nute hogs, or you feel your plants could take more nutes, just add one extra part compost and an extra part of perlite to keep it draining well. the only thing that requires less work is putting them in the woods and forgetting about them until harvest.lol

grapeman

Veteran
Honestly, what I am seeing here is progressive absence of several minor trace elements..

Keeping in mind it is hard to tell exactly with the yellow hue on the plants from the HPS, but:

Molybdenum
manganese
sulfur
copper

All these things (by the 3rd pic) combined, really kinda make it look EXACTLY like a N or cal/mg def. However, I hesitate to say N, b/c looking at your pics I see some tip burning, which really makes me think they have plenty of fertilization.

By the 4 and 5th pictures though, I see a definite loss of calcium and nitrogen. And in the
6th picture, it looks like possible copper lock out due to pH...which would also mean you are locking out nitrogen...

Just my take.

NSPB

Come on man, Molybdenum deficiency is almost 100% NONE detectable by eye. Almost always you need perform a petiole analysis to detect.

Don't throw shit out unless you have a clue. Mo is one of the micros that is LEAST often deficient, and usually only in desert sand that has not been farmed before. I would hardly think that any soil mix other then blow sand would be lacking Mo. The only way to assume Mo is lacking is to observe plants NOT utilizing N when you know you have applied sufficient quantities of N, and only then in virgin desert blow sand.

Copper? Phfft. I hope you don't dish out advice like that to everyone with your false authority.