What's new

I'm buying some land in the hills! :]

DeezyH

ICMag Donor
$3,000 total for a 200 ft by 200 ft piece of land. I definitely like the cattle sign idea.

Really though, unless they're being dropped in by helicopter I don't see any way a ripper can get past my "dog mote".

thats 40,000 sq feet....less than 1 acre.

zenoonez

Veteran
3k for 20 acres?.....?!?!?.....?

where do I sign up?

Evidently not 20 acres or acres are a lot smaller in cali than they are in my neck of the woods. 200X200 lot for 3000. Still not bad if the scenery is nice and he can pull together the cash. Hell put a 5000 dollar greenhouse and run some light dep runs and he could buy the whole shebang lol.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
40 acres in my area runs anywhere from 100k to 200k give or take. Not too bad in my opinion. Some are higher due to whats on the land as well as if one already has a pad or two, electricity, paved or grated roads as well as water.

an old gold claim? hell yah that is right up my alley. That is something my buddy and I are getting into and that is exactly the type of land I am locating myself. Something you could grow on, gold mine on, go fishing on, hiking, rock crawler, shooting. I mean seriously what do you even need a city for?

the ladies in the hills seem to usually be cute, in shape, tan and as far as needing supplies that really could be done once or twice a month as well as what you grow or kill on your property.

sounds like the perfect life.

F

feral

$3,000 total for a 200 ft by 200 ft piece of land. I definitely like the cattle sign idea.

Really though, unless they're being dropped in by helicopter I don't see any way a ripper can get past my "dog mote".

I could get past the "dog mote" in 30 minutes or less. After 12 years of working in the animal care/control field there's ways we 'pros' know how to handle large aggressive dogs and not a sound would be made for anyone to hear. PM if your interstead so it doesn't happen to you.

oh.....CONGRATS on getting some land. In a year or 2 I'll be there as well.

Phedrosbenny

Trying to have a good day
Veteran
40 acres in my area runs anywhere from 100k to 200k give or take. Not too bad in my opinion. Some are higher due to whats on the land as well as if one already has a pad or two, electricity, paved or grated roads as well as water.

an old gold claim? hell yah that is right up my alley. That is something my buddy and I are getting into and that is exactly the type of land I am locating myself. Something you could grow on, gold mine on, go fishing on, hiking, rock crawler, shooting. I mean seriously what do you even need a city for?

the ladies in the hills seem to usually be cute, in shape, tan and as far as needing supplies that really could be done once or twice a month as well as what you grow or kill on your property.

sounds like the perfect life.

Fuck yeah.Im there.Go get my "Waldons Pond" on.Every once in awhile ill need to go get some pussy and papers...lols.

Gotta have the two P's

E

el dub

The only way I can imagine them getting by the mote is if they cut holes in the outer fence and then erect two shields to keep the dogs out of the small spot where they cut through the second fence and into da garden....

lw

BigPhil

Veteran
I could get past the "dog mote" in 30 minutes or less. After 12 years of working in the animal care/control field there's ways we 'pros' know how to handle large aggressive dogs and not a sound would be made for anyone to hear. PM if your interstead so it doesn't happen to you.

oh.....CONGRATS on getting some land. In a year or 2 I'll be there as well.

Taking care of ur nasty dogs and taking your stash lol

F

feral

It's so simple but I won't post the 2 methods. I'm sure there may be some who read these boards who are not on the up and up and I don't want to give info that would make it easier for them to rip someone off.

xcrispi

You've got .92 of an acre .
But yeah depending on location avg. propertys going for 2500 - 3000 bucks an acre = you still didn't get screwd . My 20 is a quarter mile deep x 650 feet wide .
Crispi

dcdlux

awesome deal cant wait to see your thread... im thinking of the same thing in my neck of the woods eventually :) dog moat sounds like a not so good idea... very easy to poison dogs confined to a particular area...... geese are the best alarm system ever .... ever.........as with security lights

-grow on :)

MrSensi

Yeah geese are really mean. When I was a kid my dad had his kneecap broken by one!

But yeah I do agree that if they really wanted to a human could outsmart my dogs, it's more for the intimidation factor.

However it will be very hard for them to do anything with my dogs at their legs. If they disable one another will just be right behind it.

My two pitbulls aren't your average pits. Back in 2000 I used to work at my uncle's furniture making factory. One day we spotted a pack of coyotes which wasn't anything new for us, but in the pack we could tell that one of the dogs didn't quite fit in. It was a VERY large mixed breed pitbull. We approached the pack and whistled for her to come and she responded. So for the next 5 years we let her roam the factory 24/7 as a guard dog. In 2005 a customer of the factory saw the dog and said that he had a champion fighter red nose that would make some bad ass puppies with her.

So I picked out the two biggest pups of the litter, lol. I don't work them out or feed them anything special, but no joke I've never seen pits of their size. They're much taller than most pits, and WAY bulkier.

My other dogs are a Great Pyrenees that's about 40 inches at the shoulder, and a Mastiff who's low pitched bark can be heard for miles! My boxer is just a sweetheart.

Tilt

Small river = micro hydro power
http://homepower.com/basics/hydro/

Stream_diagram.jpg

Basics_HydroElect_OffGridFlow.jpg