What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IL. FOID & CCL members.

IL rec/adult use dispensaries, by law, cannot retain any identifying information about adult use purchasers without their explicit consent (so default is no retaining of identifying info). They just check IDs to see if they are valid, if you reside in-state or out of state, and if are over 21. No problems purchasing with FOID/CCL, no database reporting, no record retention (of identifying info). If they ask you to sign up for something that lets them retain information like their rewards program or anything, just say no thanks and no worries.

The only issue is the prices and quality :asskick:

I know for a fact there's people that hold FOID, CCL, medical patient, and agent (cannabis business employee) cards without any problems.

Last edited:
That happened a couple times back when the med program first started, and ISP has since clarified they are not taking FOID/CCL from med patients. That has been sorted for years now. With a med card, you can't purchase firearms from a FFL or gun store, as you have to answer the cannabis question on your 4473. But that's only for med patients, there is no such database or record of adult use/rec purchasers.

Rec, there is literally no way to pass that info to a database which could cause you to lose your firearm cards. There is no way for ISP to obtain identifying information about any rec purchasers.

Just my $0.02. I hold a FOID, CCL, med patient card, and agent badge all right at this second, and have for years. I spoke with the deputy director of the program for adult use dispensaries just last week, he calls me on my personal cell... No worries, but it's cheaper on the street anyways if you're nervous.

Hope this helps, there's a lot of rumors and misinformation floating around.

Sub24ox7

I despise Illinois dispensaries! So over priced. Grow your own. :plant grow:

Last edited: