What's new

IKEA Closet stealth grow---QP per closet---CHEAP

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^i put the super tall ones in their own closet, i havent tried LST before. i did top one of the tall ones and it seems to have stunted its growth compared to the others.

heres both closets, each running 150watt HPS and one week into flowering
150closet004.jpg

Here are the purple bubblegums looking nice in their closet
150closet001.jpg

150closet003.jpg

just picked up some Bloombastic which was highly recomended, gonna add it in a month or so.

currently running tap water with 15ml tiger bloom and 5ml drip clean at 6.0 PH

Wow! Very very nice. I would love to be pulling yields like that out of the closet. This is EXACTLY what I need for my apartment. Unfortunately there's no IKEA near me, IKEA doesn't ship this product, and I can't find one available on craigslist in my area. :( Does anyone have suggestions for similar products that can be ordered online?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^not really, on our last grow we had some stinky GDP and it didnt even stink up the bedroom. the only time i really smell them is when i open the closet because all the pent up air blasts out but after a while it goes away. a pound of cured buds would stink way worse than the closet.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea its not rocket science alot of people use closets for stealth but this one also has costs in mind. my friend spent 1800 on his grow cab that has built in light and filtration but my total costs were only around 250-300 to set up.

Great cab, looks very stealth! Wish I'd come across that ikea cab when I was building.

It looks like there's no air exchange in/out of the cabinet? How're the temp/humidity in there?

Koko Nut

Ikea can be great for you stealth closet needs. I believe they make custom cabinets, i.e. a slated top for an attic space with a slanted ceiling. I bet you can ask them to cut a round 4in hole on the side to put a fan in it. I doubt they will care, and it can't hurt to ask, or do it yourself.

I have another ikea secret. I am skeptical about sharing because I have had some luck selling one every once and awhile on ebay. But I can't keep secrets from friends. I have design a small ebb flow hydroponics system
and a bubbleponics cloner. Cheap. Work perfectly. I would post a picture, but I don't know how.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
update on the cabs, a week and half into flowering and bud sites are popping up everywhere.

Closet # 1 (purple kush x 5) EB stone organic soil fed with compost tea
newclosetpics003.jpg

Closet # 2 (afghoey x4) EB stone organic soil fed with compost tea
newclosetpics005.jpg

Closet # 3 (purple bubblegum and Pink Grapefruit x 12) FF Ocean Forest fed with FF tiger bloom and drip clean
newclosetpics007.jpg

kinda cramped in there, worried about PM but havent found any yet.

Closet # 4 (Pure Kush x 7) FF OF with FF tiger bloom and drip clean
newclosetpics006.jpg

these babies are huge!

we are kinda worried about humidity because some PM popped up in one of the cabs so have some dehumidifiers in the mail should be arriving quick. also using some hardcore anti mildew stuff i found in santa cruz that the dude swears by. have that in reserve as well as sulfur fungicide spray to fight the dreaded power mildew.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
and this is our ghetto veg room, birds eye view from the toilet seat vantage point, this is what i take my shits too find it very peaceful!! haha

newclosetpics002.jpg

yea i know we should have mylared the bathtub first, we bleach sprayed and were feeling lazy. its a future project on the to do list..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
thinking about swapping the veg room and the flower, putting my 7 kush under a 250 HPS in the shower and moving the veg to the closet under the CFLs...again future project.

we are also eyeing other possible spaces to cram some flowering room into. having so much access to good genetics and barely any flowering space is a fucking tease. hopefully i can rent out a 1 or 2 bedroom apt soon to upgrade my square footage.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Ok so little update, i vegged them a little too long and now my bubblegums wont fit in the IKEA cab anymore, so i moved them all into the tub. they are flowering nicely and have really nice grand daddy purple smell. its a little cramped so im having issues with PM but thats a given here in the bay, been spot treating and its working so far.
newgrowfeb10001.jpg

newgrowfeb10002.jpg

I added this 150watt CFL that i found at walmart for 9 bucks seems to be working nicely, giving some extra lumens to them since im only running 150HPS at this point.

The Kush are also exploding as well, im hoping they stop growing so they dont hit the top! im eyeing an easy QP off the 7 kush in this closet.
newgrowfeb10003.jpg

starting to form buds
newgrowfeb10004.jpg

L

LymphNode

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Nice grow here buddy. Gotta say, I'm probably going to IKEA soon, I've seen these closets tons of times, but never thought they would hold smell well. I am still skeptical about how tightly they close, there is really no leakage??

Also, do you think you could get a 200w in there? I bet you could get 5-5.5oz from a closet, and with 4? That is quite a bit. The issue would be heat clearly, but it doesn't sound like its hot in there at all with the 150, and a 200 might get the RH down a little.

Keep it growing dude. Nice.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
updates:
the Kush are taking off, i added Bloombastic to the mix and these things are shiny!
kush.jpg

kushupclose.jpg

The PBGs in the tub are also starting to fill out, taking a little longer than the kush though, probably because smaller pots?
IMG_1012.jpg

yes thats a tecate 30 pack im using to prop them up haha

bloombastic.jpg

its 80 a bottle but i was reccommended this by a fellow grower who said it really helps the shine. so far NO complaints! my plants show absolutely no signs of any nute deficiencies and the kush are blingin!.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
DAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Nice grow here buddy. Gotta say, I'm probably going to IKEA soon, I've seen these closets tons of times, but never thought they would hold smell well. I am still skeptical about how tightly they close, there is really no leakage??

Also, do you think you could get a 200w in there? I bet you could get 5-5.5oz from a closet, and with 4? That is quite a bit. The issue would be heat clearly, but it doesn't sound like its hot in there at all with the 150, and a 200 might get the RH down a little.

Keep it growing dude. Nice.

yea man next grow im definately running LESS plants. these things are way too cramped in the closets, its causing issues with PM and lots of lower branches arent getting light. to fix light leakage simple take panda film and layer the entire inside of the cab with it. also, since my closets are packed away into the bigger closet, i can close the outter door and its super dark in there.

next run im probably only gonna run 4 per closet. got some chemxsour that i cannot wait to pop...i also wanna run this kush again because its just so god damn stinky, the perfect sour taste that ive been looking for..