What's new

IGT's 2000w+ Perpetual Hydro Garden

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High IGT! They still lookin top notch to me bro! You make perfectionists like me look like slackers...lol! You should have your work cut out for you come chop time. One bad thing about the BDL is it does tend to be leafy. If I do end up doing a backcross, I will try and fix that if I can.
Keep up the great work!
Peace, bugout

Wait...What?

Veteran
TMV doesn't just come via the clones, it comes via people smoking cigarettes in the grow zone and its also a seedborne virus. You need to boil *everything* that roots of infected plants came in contact with for 10 minutes (Portree, 1996) or it isn't going away.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Wait...What? said:
TMV doesn't just come via the clones, it comes via people smoking cigarettes in the grow zone and its also a seedborne virus. You need to boil *everything* that roots of infected plants came in contact with for 10 minutes (Portree, 1996) or it isn't going away.

Hmm, thats interesting since I do smoke in the house. Never occured to me that it could be from lingering cigarette smoke that gets into the growroom. Ill see what I can do to reduce that. Thanks for the tip.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Ladies and germs, the harvest has commenced on Day 56! Trichs are 80% cloudy 20% clear, no amber yet. I took down the first 11 plants, the smallest ones, and a couple of random branches from the others.

I use the spare bathroom for drying so Ill always have to do a staggered harvest since there's no way I can fit all 28 plants in there at once. Using a strong fan in there with the exhaust fan I get dry plants in 4 to 5 days max.
15592plants362.jpg

Once I started cutting out plants, I guess others were using them for support and started falling over. Fortunately nothing was damaged but look at the biggest plant gangsta-leanin in the back now. I had to tie her to another plant to keep her upright. Heavy bitch. Look at those colas!
15592plants162.jpg

Here's one of the aero plants. Just when I think about switching strains Im reminded about the yield from this one and I start rethinking switching :redface:

15592plants262.jpg

Keep checking back because Ill get the rest of them cut in another week or so and then you'll REALLY have something to look at!

SacredBreh

Those trees are huge.....

Those trees are huge.....

Damn, that monster is huge. I like my women heavy but that is ridiculous. Man.... Am a bit jealous I have to admit. Good work. Master Craftsman at this point I would think.

Peace

B

Bigtimer7

NICE MAN!

Great job buddy! That is some fire nugs! HOpe you hit 3lbs..

Good job man! Keep up the good work and fun harvests

excellent job. kick ass,.

I had the same issue with large buds with rockwool cubes on slabs.

too much weight is a good problem to have. :)

You do have a few options for supporting the plants.

You build a frame for a trellis.

or use hooks on the walls. (then you have to duck underneath, kinda of a pain but cheaper $$ wise)

or use laundry lines or rope and criss cross above the lights.

You then can get the yo-yo's with hooks. These are hung vertically. Those can be used to supports the weight of the plants and buds.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Thanks for the kudos guys. Itll get pretty crazy once the last 17 plants come down sometime next week and the real weight of the crop is assessed. Dare I say I may surpass my 3lb goal? We'll see. If I were to do a screen of some sort, it would have to hang from the ceiling. I havent really felt a need for a screen yet but if Im going to have such heavy plants falling all over each other, every crop, then I should probably look into it along with a silica supplement.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Time for some eye candy guys! :headbange

OK so today is Day 66 and Ive cut all plants except 4, which are coming down tomorrow. They got so big that I had to do a 4 phase harvest. Im estimating my yield will hit right at the 3# mark. Due to the staggering I can't show any full harvest pics. Much of what Ive cut is already gone! And to rave reviews I might add ;)

Here's a taste of what Ive been doing lately. Keep in mind my grow is a one man show and it's A LOT of work cutting down 28 heavy plants, trimming them, hanging them, drying them, trimming again, and curing. Then there's system cleanup which is wet, dirty and very tiring. Anybody with aspirations of a larger grow like this (or bigger) should remember that when it's harvest time, its a lot of work. It's worth it tho :joint:

I estimate about a pound of dry NLxBB sitting there. My Fiskars for reference.
15592bud1613.jpg

Another angle of same pile.
15592bud2613.jpg

Here's three plants I just cut tonite. 3! And no, they aren't the biggest plants either.
15592bud3613.jpg

Best closeup I can do with my crappy camera. Pretty...
15592bud4613.jpg

So Im nearly done with this crop and new clones are going in after I cut the last 4 tomorrow. I think Im going to do a Harvesting - Start to Finish tutorial for the Harvest forum, with pics. Keep a look out. Btw, Floralicious Plus is fuckin AWESOME stuff! It really really brings out the aroma. Try it!

ETA: I might have to update my avatar since some of these plants blow that one out of the water! Hmm, where to find a naked chick to pose with a fresh plant. Gotta work on that one lol.

Last edited:

SacredBreh

Some nice buddage you have there....

Some nice buddage you have there....

Those are some bush, thick colas. Are they as dense as they look? Sweet... so how do you do your buds besides the colas? I use to leave everything except the popcorn on the stem and put the popcorn with the trim leaves in paper bags. Now I just do all my buds that are not on the colas in those paper bags you get for free by the frozen stuff at Walley's, they are double and thick. I still keep the mature dense buds with color and sugar separate from the popcorn. Turn the popcorn and trim into some sweet oil for cooking and vaporizing and other such uses.
The above refers to drying.... do you cure too? I use the jar method, what do you do?

Another job well done!

Peace

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
SacredBreh said:
Those are some bush, thick colas. Are they as dense as they look? Sweet... so how do you do your buds besides the colas? I use to leave everything except the popcorn on the stem and put the popcorn with the trim leaves in paper bags. Now I just do all my buds that are not on the colas in those paper bags you get for free by the frozen stuff at Walley's, they are double and thick. I still keep the mature dense buds with color and sugar separate from the popcorn. Turn the popcorn and trim into some sweet oil for cooking and vaporizing and other such uses.
The above refers to drying.... do you cure too? I use the jar method, what do you do?

Another job well done!

Peace

Thanks SB! Im still not done and will post a pic of the biggest plant after I harvest her later tonite. Yes, they are as dense as they look. Rock hard. Pretty much my trim technique during the grow is that I cut the bottom two nodes (4 branches) and a few select budsites above that and thats it. My "popcorn" buds dont really popcorn because they stretch just like the rest of the plant. Guess its a genetic bonus that even my popcorn is smokable bud and easy to harvest. Since I dont grow them but 36" max I still get great light penetration with my 600s. I dont believe in wasting any smokable material.
Ive decided that one of the single biggest keys to a successful crop is clone selection. Pick your clones carefully! All uniform, all good roots before installing. Variations in clones will mean variations in the plants, even if from the same mom.

ETA: In that pic above, those are the entire plants! The only thing cut off them is leaves. If you look close you can see the "popcorn" but its not really popcorn. Truth be told, I dont usually have enough time to do much curing. Demand is always high and it'll move as long as it's dry. Any curing is done in gallon ziplocs and my personal goes in a jar.

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Last pic for this crop I think.

The biggest plant. No clue how much she'll yield. The cut off cola to the right is a different plant btw. But everything else is just this one.

15592biggest613.jpg

I won't be doing much, if any, updating until the next crop is well established and in flower. Thanks for checking my grow out! Be safe everyone.

Last edited:

hazy

Veteran
wow, igt, I've lurked around this thread before, but i lost it, cause i don't go to the hydro forums much. But always liketo see what's up with other's perpetuals.

muy bueno buds.

Wonderon

Nice, I know I'd be a happy man if I had that to look at. Looks like you'll be smiling for quite a while. Good luck with your next go.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Thanks for stoppin in and for the good words guys. Im gonna check out your perpetual Hazy. You're right, there aren't many around. I know it's a little heightened security risk but it's nice to keep other growers apprised of the progress and what's worked and what hasn't. I've been smiling big time Wonderon :)

Current crop is on day 7 of flower and these are going to be even bigger if all goes smoothly. Hoping to hit 1gpw this time. Ive added Pro-tekt silicate supplement, new Hortilux Super HPS bulbs and a new Cool Tube. The Pro-tekt has already had a noticable effect in stem thickness. Ill throw up some new pics in a few weeks once bud action starts.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Murphy said:
:lurk: How about showin some of that new bud action IGT?

Sorry Ive been slacking. Need to get new batteries for my camera and keep forgetting. Today is Day 34 so they are starting to pack the buds on. Bigger plants than last crop too! lll get some pics up soon.

A

AdmiralRed

ItsGrowTime said:
Haps- Its hilarious that you mentioned head bumping. For some reason it seems Ive been hitting my head on something daily?!?! Im a tall guy (well over 6') but I never had that problem until I started smoking this NLxBB exclusively lately. Weird...but funny.

Friends of mine and I call that helmet bud. You have to put a helmet on after smoking it or your gonna bonk the ol noggin constantly!

Latest posts

Latest posts