What's new

IGT's 2000w+ Perpetual Hydro Garden

G

Wow...nice garden IGT! I'm going to get my :lurk: and hang around here while this goes down. That's some serious growth there for going straight to flower at 4 inches!! :yoinks:

The DP BB I'm running now stretched 3' above the screen after the flip too...Anyway, I like your style here, you have some good ideas...Keep the updates comin! :wave:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Thx S2D, your props means a lot man. Im seriously hoping I can salvage the NLxBB genetics b/c I could also remove all those fence posts and grow some *NASTY* indoor trees with them. Think about 8 of them vegged for 2 months then flowered under those lights all by themselves. I love my room :)

gmanwho

Veteran
Water heater..

Water heater..

Grow time looking very good indeed, just a thought ran by when i was checking out your pics. Your water heater, is it Natural Gas? it looks like from the pics, but not sure. Was thinking since it is so close to your garden for under 200 bucks i bet you can place a splitter off the exhaust, add an actuator, a controller and a small inline fan and you can utilize that co2 given off. If its natural gas.

Just thinking out loud. Looks great man, keep it up.

B-safe

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Hi gman thanks for the thought...but its electric. It used to be gas but was converted over to electric at some point before I moved in. Love your sig quote btw.

Momma should be dry by the end of the weekend so Ill post some weights and a room update then.

J-Roc

YES! HELL YES! "ITSGROWTIME"! and you mean it YAWMSANE!!!!

AWESOME THREAD! wow!
**** YOU!
not even fair for a minute.
ima have to drop u a K bomb when the site lets me!
jeez/heck
please be my friend! :joint:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Thanks for the visit and the rep J-Roc! I think you gave me props? lol

Dry weight on momma was 6oz 5g.

I got some Hashberry clones in the room vegging on 16/8 and the #1 seedlings are coming along quickly. The sorry NLxBB clone has at least stopped its downward spiral and is growing roots. It looks the same but I think its a good sign?

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High IGT! You a crazy man...lol. Looks like things are moving along well for ya! Great job! I been involved w/ other things, so havent been gardening as of late :badday: .
But maybe my luck will change once the cooler months set in :nono:
Keep up the great work and i be popin' in from time-to-time
Peace, bugout

SacredBreh

Nice return on that mother..... IGT

Nice return on that mother..... IGT

Hi, TBug... was wondering where you were. Yeah, the summer heat sure puts the stress on the units.

IGT- 6.5oz on one plant is awesome. Those buds look nice and thick, maybe your increasing growing skills (the craft as I say) are decreasing your trimming time. I am getting the same results as far as speed. Less leaves and less trimming. Gotta love it. :headbange

Peace

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Hey all,
Quick update, no pics. #1 seedlings were topped at 6th node and will be sent to flower in a few days. I hope I get a friggin female this time!

The sad NLxBB clone recovered! Its revegging in the same spot as above but Ill move it to its own tub when I flip the #1s to flower so it can keep revegging and hopefully become a new mom. I still love these genetics so Im going to keep it just in case the other strains dont work out.

The Hashberry clones have all taken root in the aero and are coming along well. I just put them in the aero instead of messing with the NFT/hybrid for only 10 plants of unknown sex. I still need to test it and get the top feed manifold set up but Ill worry about that later. I can always pop a bunch of bag seed to test it out. Ill put up some new pics in a few days for yall.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I am entirely too irked to take any pictures right now.
BOTH HASHBERRY PLANTS ARE ALSO MALE! :badday: :badday:
So that means that 3 different strains, 2 seeds each, all males. 6 for 6 with dicks :cuss: :cuss: WTF!

On a good note the NLxBB clone is revegging and the #1 seedlings are in flower for sexing. If I end up with all males again Im going to scrap all of these ****ing seeds and just go back to growing the NLxBB exclusively and say to hell with experimenting. I dont like wasting time or money to repeatedly grow out a bunch of males for nothing.

:fsu: I need a beer.

DrHydro

Damn... If you got 10 seeds of each i would just do 3 seeds of each next time so you got 5 left if you was wanting to keep some seeds around.. Why dont you use them males you got to pollinate with your NLxBB.. Then you would have some nice seeds to grow out....

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Im thinking about getting some pollen off the Hashberry's and stashing it away for later. I think if I eventually did a cross of the NLxBB with the Hashberry I could hopefully get a heavy yielding but also very heat resistant strain. Heat resistance is the NLxBB's weakness. Thanks for the thoughts. With my luck so far, all the seeds would be male.

But ya know, I did some thinking and since my garden is pretty much a mersh op I shouldnt be screwing around too much with other unknown plants and seeds and shit when I know I have a heavy yielder in the NLxBB pheno, that I can capitalize on reliably. A big part of me now wishes I had just stuck with it instead of wasting all this time messing with seeds that ended up being a bunch of males. Frustrating. I have a closet that I can grow out a couple plants for personal variety and just keep my main op about the NLxBB.

EDIT: Hi NT, thanks for commiserating with me.

Last edited:

DrHydro

Collect the pollen and just dust a few buds from your NLxBB.. And it wont affect the other buds in your garden... And you will have more then anuf seeds..

Last edited:

SacredBreh

Hello everyone....

Hello everyone....

I think it is a great idea to take some pollen while you are waiting for the clone to get big enough to make little clones. Growing a nice dependable strain is always rewarding but you can't beat a little experimentation. The Hashberry would make a very nice cross.

Of course, we can't make them stable because we can't grow out thousands and pick the characteristics we like..... like the big boys/girls do. The legendary Diesel was stumbled upon in this exact way. It took RezDog three years to stabilize it so it could be sent out in seed form (before this it was clone only). Once you get your room dialed in and your strain maximized... there is only a couple of options: go bigger, change strains, stay the same, or start experimenting with crosses.

Peace

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Hey all,
I dont know whether to be happy or sad! Well, after growing out 4 more Mandala #1 seeds, I ended up getting 3 more males and 1 female. I guess Im glad to get that one female but I just cant get over the fact that I grew 10 seeds and got one female. Hopefully that means the rest of the seeds in my #1 pack are all female? Haha, sure.

Here's a pic of the lone #1 female (right) and the revegging NLxBB clone under 400w HPS.
15592nl_mandala19_4.jpg

Im also still growing out the Hashberry males in the aero. I gotta read up on dealing with males since this is the first time Ive grown out males intentionally. I do like some of the traits Im seeing so the pollen should serve me well in the future.

Here's some pics of the males.

It looks like things are slowly but surely getting back on track. I still can't get over the 9 for 10 males thing. I should have played Powerball.

SacredBreh

Hi IGT........ Here is the method I use for dealing with the males......

Hi IGT........ Here is the method I use for dealing with the males......

I have used this technique many times and it works great. I even have left a male in the flowering room full of ladies and it worked like a charm, no unwanted seeds, only the branches I dusted.

I wait until the male has a moderate amount of pollen sacks on the top of the meri-stem. I then cut all the branches off from the main stem except some at the very top; I leave all the large fan leaves attached to the main stalk to power the plant. I then take a small thin paper bag (liquor store bags are perfect) and cover the very top of the plant that has the meri-stem and minor branches that I left. I use either twist ties or tape to close the opening of the bag snuggly around the meri-stem just above the first set of fan leaves that are left. Then I let it go on as usual. Oh, and I make sure to rub off any pollen sacks that are at the node junctions. Every couple of days I make sure no pollen sacks have grown back outside the paper sack.

I continue to let it go, off in a corner of the flowering room for 3-4 weeks. Then I cut the stalk and remove it from the room. Over a large mirror or glass table top, I cut away the stalk just below the sack. Then I open up the sack gently and remove the top. It will have continued developing and dropping pollen inside the sack. I gently shake the top over the glass and then tap the bag out. You should have a small pile of pollen with a little plant material mixed in. I then use a plastic fine tooth comb to "rake" the pollen around the glass until all the plant material is separated and throw it away. Then I use a razor blade to collect the pollen into a pile. I scrape this into a black film canister and place a desiccant pouch that comes in medications, electronic containers, or bought off the net some where. I close it up and let the desiccant suck all the moisture out of the pollen for about a week. Then I dump it out again on glass and separate it into several very small piles. I then put each pile (the size of a regular pencil tip eraser) into separate film canisters and seal. I label and date each. Then I put them all into a freezer bag and place in the freezer. The reason I separate them up is so that when you go to use them you won't disturb all of it each time. You just open one and use a fine artist's paint brush to paint a single or several small branches at the bottom of a plant. Turn the popcorn into seed pods.

I have had pollen stored this way work 8 years later. That is the oldest my collection goes back to so am not sure how long it will stay but I suspect a lot longer than that.

Hope anyone finds this helpful and I hope I explained it well. I did a piece on this in a thread I had under an old name. If there are any questions or you would like some pics for visuals..... just let me know.

I do this separation procedure as far from the flower rooms as possible. A separate building would be even better. Once, completed, I clean with Clorox cleaner to kill any missed pollen.

Peace

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
I like the sound of your method Sacred, especially being able to use it in the same room.

You've never had any problems with pollen leaks at all?

G

Hey IGT....looks like that one female you got is gonna be a nice one. You have luck with males like I do. 10 for 10 is par for the course with my luck! :yes: