What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ignatieff on decriminalisation !

mr noodles

THIS WENT UNDER THE RADAR BECAUSE OF THE HAITI QUAKE

LOL THE SOURCE IS FUCKING HOSTILE AND TOTALLY CONSERVATIVE

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/...el-ignatieff-s-gateway-to-the-status-quo.aspx

According to blogger Adrian MacNair, earlier this month at a stop at the University of British Columbia, Mr. Ignatieff was asked about Ross Rebagliati’s nomination to run for the Grits in the B.C. interior. In response, he opined that other people’s habits were none of his business; that “possession of small amounts of marijuana” shouldn’t be a criminal matter — which it is, of course; that “nobody should suffer consequences for personal recreational uses of marijuana”; and that if someone was to ask him if he wanted to legalize it, he’d “say no.

can we expect him to stand against the reintroduction of c-15 in march ?

at least its the first time we got some recent reaction concerning mj , its a better direction than the harper and coe admin , hope too that he will fix the health canada program in a decent way .

we should push on this until it collide with the pc in the media....we need the spot . ignatieff is not our enemy, at least a lesser evil than harper .

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

mr noodles

even obama said no to legalization . but , a decriminalization is serious first step . we have to do it step by step in order to achieve a complete and accepted legalization .

the most important thing means the medical program will be really accessible and will be one hell positive step in the right direction .

then after a while of mmj acceptance the mind of people will open way more than doping the whole legalization aspect which is a very heavy on a legal side . legalization is a very very complicated things, decriminalization is another thing and its the first step in the logical direction .

we should be patient and act like california .

mr noodles

Is it impossible for a province to step up and do what a state like California did?

no .

the only way to avoid an increasing of the penalty for mj is to get rid of the conservatives and steven harper.

ignatieff promised a decriminalization and he got a chance to be in power . dp will not even be the official opposition so even if it broke my heart we have to vote liberals .

we should unite in a massive group and votes liberals and stop spilling our votes in 3 party that will never be a government or in position to change the law .

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
The liberals have always been a bit softer towards MMJ

I am pretty sure Harper personally has no set agenda, but this is all politics. he runs a right wing, christian value party. he bit off more than he can chew.

Remember when the wheels were turning on this law, Bush was still in there, so to appear strong in the eyes of the Yanks, you pass tough laws. Look at the blame we took for some of 9 11 terrorists being here... what did we do, arm our border guards. This is no different. I am sure BC would like to be known for a little more than just their buds..

Now that the US has an apparent softer side for MMJ, he cannot exactly do a public flip flop, without upsetting his core supporters, and if you guys have not noticed, religious people seem to protest everything very publicly and loudly...unlike us weed types

So I say, lets see what happens, a rally would be great, but it would have to be epic, to get any attention

We only have 2 parties here, that have pretty much the same view on the country, sure they differ on small things, but does anything really ever change? I have been living my life the same no matter who gets in... Taxes go up, more things are taxed, I pay more taxes.. what difference will teh Grits make

C

Classyathome

Iggy is a wannabe - I have cordially invited him to drop me a line once he has given up on Canada again, and left for other pastures (again).

I sent him email thanking him for his treachery in supporting Harper and the Can-nazi party.

I expressed a real desire to thank him personally for his turncoat behaviour.

He sent me a response telling me he had forwarded my "threat" to the proper authorities.

I laffed, and replied that he was a pussy, and I still want to thank him in person.

So far, no rcmp tasering here - but I'm sure I'm on their list...

mr noodles

classy , i got you but i think you did one huge mistake here . the rcmp got you under their vile eyes . its not a very good thing when you think about it unless you are a mmar member .

iggy listened carefully because he stand in public and he got ross r to run for mp in bc . the bc boys opened is mouth too this week about how bad the situation is as we speak .

i think we have no other choice but we will see if iggy stand and vote 'no' when nicholson get c-15 in the chamber .if iggy let c-15 pass another time i become a separatist...

C

Classyathome

classy , i got you but i think you did one huge mistake here . the rcmp got you under their vile eyes . its not a very good thing when you think about it unless you are a mmar member .

Fuck 'em...

I don't grow at my house - I barely ever have any weed. My rap sheet is non-existant (clean as a whistle).

I didn't threaten him - only asked him to contact me when he was done playing politician, so I could thank him in person.

He took it as a threat - no dummy, that Iggy - but I did not threaten him.

Nor have I threatened my MP that hears from me all the time about mj and polit issues.

I always use my real name and email addy - I'm no anonymous kook.

I'm a well known kook...

Pinkladyeater

I don't see the same view about cannabis from this liberal group as Jean Chrétien's liberals but any thing is better then the Conservatives have currently have running the country.

Latest posts

Latest posts